ADVERTISEMENT

Herky now apparently pushing back.

While I applaud the effort, it's an absolute waste of time as Kevin Warren is a spineless clown.
How hard is it to understand that he does the bidding of the majority of the member Presidents? The Iowa parents should be directing their ire to Bruce Harreld, the President of the University of Iowa.

Reactions: arf_man
I'm sure the issues they raise were completely overlooked. Had they been properly considered the vote would have been much different.

Look, the B10 only resumes football if the B10 medical advisory committee says its safe to do so or the university presidents come together and vote to override them.

How hard is it to understand that he does the bidding of the majority of the member Presidents? The Iowa parents should be directing their ire to Bruce Harreld, the President of the University of Iowa.
Didn't the University of Minnesota president say there was NO vote?

Have we considered betting the season on the outcome of some seemingly-unwinnable contest to beat the evil commissioner at his own game like in all those college movies?

The football team has to beat the top students in a trivia contest maybe?

With recent events in America it’s quite obvious get a lot of people threatening- authority caves

Formal vote isn't necessary. I'm sure that the majority of real voices in the room were on board with the idea of post ponement.

If they weren't and Warren tried to shove UNMC between OSU UM and PSU president's getting 100 million.... OSU would have backed up Day instead of telling him to shut up and color.

The problem is will all those parents and players absolutely refuse to sue the school when players get sick or a player transfers the virus to a family member?

Answer is no even if they sign a waiver so...

I believe the letters were sent on Sunday which makes the decision even more a slap in the face to schools, players, fans and parents.

Formal vote isn't necessary. I'm sure that the majority of real voices in the room were on board with the idea of post ponement.

If they weren't and Warren tried to shove UNMC between OSU UM and PSU president's getting 100 million.... OSU would have backed up Day instead of telling him to shut up and color.
OSU didn't tell Day to shut-up and color, in-fact OSU came out the following day saying they were still exploring options for playing in the fall.

It wasn't until late yesterday afternoon that OSU officially said 'no fall ball'.

OSU didn't tell Day to shut-up and color, in-fact OSU came out the following day saying they were still exploring options for playing in the fall.

It wasn't until late yesterday afternoon that OSU officially said 'no fall ball'.

Gene Smith said same day they were on board with spring. I think he even invoked the new presidents name.

Then Day comes out and tells media the situation is fluid and he had a long conversation with Gene. Both of those guys are non players but I posted something on here about Gene might be looking into some things but I don't think he'll walk back his proclamation. They come come out again and say they won't.

That’s akin to a coach sayin “I have not talked to
School X about a job”. While he might be able to technically say that they knew where everyone was. He is full of shit

The problem is will all those parents and players absolutely refuse to sue the school when players get sick or a player transfers the virus to a family member?

Answer is no even if they sign a waiver so...
Yeah that was another weakness to going forward with the season.

Attorneys advised of potential legal exposure.
Some one mentions player waivers.
Attorneys shake their heads and go on to the next subject

If they could get groups from all 14 B1G schools to do this, it would maybe have an impact. I doubt it, but at least it would be a little more egg on the face of the idiots in charge.

Gene Smith said same day they were on board with spring. I think he even invoked the new presidents name.

Then Day comes out and tells media the situation is fluid and he had a long conversation with Gene. Both of those guys are non players but I posted something on here about Gene might be looking into some things but I don't think he'll walk back his proclamation. They come come out again and say they won't.
Gene Smith former Iowa State AD

Have we considered betting the season on the outcome of some seemingly-unwinnable contest to beat the evil commissioner at his own game like in all those college movies?

The football team has to beat the top students in a trivia contest maybe?

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Reactions: scarletred
I didn't say there was a vote, and I don't know whether there was or wasn't. But if you believe that Warren is acting unilaterally without the support of a majority of the member Presidents you really are living in fantasy land.

I didn't say there was a vote, and I don't know whether there was or wasn't. But if you believe that Warren is acting unilaterally without the support of a majority of the member Presidents you really are living in fantasy land.

‘What a pile of nonsense to think the Chancellor is going alone as a free agent. Emotions warp people’s thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT