ADVERTISEMENT

Herd Immunity Math

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, I did. My bad. I guess we'll see how this plays out. We should expect many more stories, hopefully with increasingly greater detail. But fwiw, I care about his taxes, just as I care about Biden's. We deserve to know if the POTUS has shady associations. Seriously, how can someone argue out one side of their mouth that Trump's bad behavior is okay because all politicians are corrupt, while calling for investigations of alleged wrongdoing by his opponent's son out the other?

You should start caring about how Biden used public office to enrich himself.

While Trump spent his life running businesses to make him rich and then ran for office.

But now 40+ year career politician Biden, who can't campaign more than 3 days a week, now he's going to get it done.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
obama growing up in muslim countries? what does that have to do with his character? drugging days? you mean he tried dope as a teenager? you are really struggling to come up with something that characterizes obama as having terrible character.
nobody is perfect. but there certainly are different levels of imperfection. i can't think of even 1 area of character that isnt unacceptable with trump.
i have voted republican my whole life but Trump is too much of a DAILY embarrassment to the party. The outright lies and attempts to divide us for his personal gain outweigh any policy agreements i could have with him. honestly any remotely intelligent person would have to admit the only reason they could vote for him is for personal gain.

I'm pretty smart, and I'm voting for him for a number of reasons, one of them being that the alternative is about 1000 times worse. Another one is for the purpose of watching your head, and the head of a few others on here, explode if he does win.

I'm most interested in your comment about his "attempts to divide us." Who is this "us" you speak of, and what precisely is he doing to try to divide?

obama growing up in muslim countries? what does that have to do with his character? drugging days? you mean he tried dope as a teenager? you are really struggling to come up with something that characterizes obama as having terrible character.
nobody is perfect. but there certainly are different levels of imperfection. i can't think of even 1 area of character that isnt unacceptable with trump.
i have voted republican my whole life but Trump is too much of a DAILY embarrassment to the party. The outright lies and attempts to divide us for his personal gain outweigh any policy agreements i could have with him. honestly any remotely intelligent person would have to admit the only reason they could vote for him is for personal gain.

You're a daily embarrassment to Iowa fans.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
This soccermom math from an idiot who couldn't balance her check book, when we had them. This is the kind of disingenuous, uninformed stupidity that shuts down schools when you're more likely to die in a vehicle crash on the way to school than from a virus.

Anyone who believes this garbage is either a moron or a lib. But I repeat myself.
Soccer mom math?

While Trump spent his life running businesses to make him rich and then ran for office.

But now 40+ year career politician Biden, who can't campaign more than 3 days a week, now he's going to get it done.

They all do it. R's and D's. Which is another reason term limits are needed.

Wait and see-- AOC came to Washington claiming to be broke and unable to afford rent on an apartment. Bet it won't be long until that "public servant" has 7 figures in the bank (assuming she hasn't passed that mark already).

My suspicion is that Dr. Fauci has some very large holdings of a certain pharmaceutical company and he'll do his best to make sure that their vaccine is the first one approved for use in the U.S.
This is a completely baseless accusation rooted in nothing more than brainless tribal politics and your very vivid imagination.

It's a sad day when educated people have absolutely nothing better to do with their time than spread this kind of abject nonsense. And it gets reinforced when nobody in their little echo chamber will tell them that they are so full of shit it's pouring out of their ears.

And before you squeal about how LIBS!!! invent wildass stories about President Trump - I'm already well aware there are insufferable, gasbagging blowhards on the loony left who make shit up. How does it feel to be just like them?

1. If that's true, then we do care. But for a bunch of folks who rant and rave like crazies about conspiracies you sure do toss around a bunch of conspiracies that never go anywhere.
2. He's made himself rich, okay, but he also sold the American people on the myth of his business acumen. His business dealings were a shambles, and as president he has made money off the American taxpayer from his businesses.

The issue with Trump's taxes...isn't that he had numerous losses to offset his other income....it will be interesting if he filed a loss or small amount of income that led to a small taxable income, yet reported to his many lenders that he was reporting large gains...If he misrepresented his taxable income to lenders, that is where the trouble lies.

I sent in an amended return for 2018 because a late form came in...I got red flagged filling out my daughters FAFSA paperwork, because I forgot to send them my amended return after the fact...simple correction, but when you are applying for loans, you can't misrepresent your income.

Why? My honest guess is that Trump was a businessman in a very competitive real estate business and doesn't want to give his competitors any insight into his business practices. That's one of the prime reasons why taxes are supposed to be private. The other recent presidents weren't primarily real estate businessmen.

Oh wow, this is getting funny some of these arguments for Trump...

Seriously, his tax returns would give away his secrets? A important portion of real estate is using other people’s money as leverage, with which a tax return and other proofs of success, are pretty much a requirement. You think you are going to get a multi million dollar commercial loan without a successful track record? And apparently no US Banks will loan money to Trumps. If this is fake news by NY Times, then okay play that card. But if not, this guy is our president?

What would be the point of looking at his tax returns anyways? Oh I don’t know, before handing over the keys to the US economy, we might want proof that he knows how to run his own businesses successfully and ethically first? That he has no ties to foreign businesses that could compromise his decision making as our president? He had no track record in politics, and his claim was that he will be so different because he’s been such a “successful” businessman, but he can’t even turn over his tax returns and financial records?

If you actually read the article, there is some evidence of either foul play, or flat out incompetency. Loosing $150 millionish on your golf course and hotel each, does not really qualify as a shrewd businessman. You can argue that he is producing losses in those businesses to shelter taxes from the income of his other other businesses.

Last edited:
Because there is nothing to learn from it.

Are you serious?

Go try and do almost anything involving money and being granted the trust of another party (in this example, being granted executive leadership of the USA) and try telling them they don’t need your pay stubs, W2s, etc. or any papertrail of your past success. They should just “loan you money for a house” based on your word and your handshake.

I'm interested in hearing your response as to why the IRS hasn't found anything wrong

The IRS has seen a financial disclosure document from Trump and his businesses, which is self-reported and not subject to audit or vetting by federal officials.

Efforts by democrats and New York prosecutors to subpoena Trump’s financial and tax records have remained stuck in court since his time as president.

Short answer, is they haven’t been able to really look.

Quick question: How many times has Trump filed for bankruptcy and what has that allowed him to do?

If I recall correctly, he's sought protection under the bankruptcy rules six times for various business units (e.g. Taj Mahal). What has that allowed him to do? To walk away from obligations to creditors?

The IRS has seen a financial disclosure document from Trump and his businesses, which is self-reported and not subject to audit or vetting by federal officials.

Efforts by democrats and New York prosecutors to subpoena Trump’s financial and tax records have remained stuck in court since his time as president.

Short answer, is they haven’t been able to really look.

They don't see his tax forms and check for improprieties? I thought that was their job.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I'm interested in hearing your response as to why the IRS hasn't found anything wrong
First of all, you have zero evidence that the IRS has found nothing, so asking me to provide evidence that they have is ridiculous. Neither of us is privy to the IRS investigation, and anything said here is pure speculation. What we do know is that Trump is still being audited. Why does it take so long, again, neither you nor I can possibly answer that question. What we can surmise, however, is that analyzing his taxes is significantly more difficult than doing the same to yours or mine. I'm certain Trump has a team of lawyers scrutinizing every move, which also delays the process. And the IRS has seen a full third of its workforce slashed over the past decade. There's a reason the agency goes after poorer people: low handing fruit.

But all of these efforts to explain his taxes by people who claim to understand the complexities of the tax code for real estate or businesses ignores the fact that his taxes don't just show losses, which may be normal for a real estate business, but he also earned hundreds of millions of dollars from the Apprentice. That's pretty obviously not a real estate business, and still he paid little to no taxes. His tax returns also show all sorts of questionable deductions. Paying his daughter hundreds of thousands of dollars in consulting fees when she was actually an independent contractor is the exact sort of thing the IRS has pursued others for civil penalties. A massive deduction for his home, which he claimed to be an investment property rather than his private residence; a $70,000 hair care expense, not to mention $421 million in personally guaranteed debt.

Alas, instead of addressing the questions that his taxes raise, the conservatives on the board are embracing arguments which they've clearly heard on extreme right media, like Hannity and Limbaugh. False equivalency, rants about people who aren't elected officials, more Hillary nonsense, and baseless claims of deep state conspiracy driven by Trump himself. Think of the mental gymnastics the Repubs must go through every day to convince themselves of the sheer multitude of falsehoods. The pandemic wasn't real, or it didn't matter, never mind that 200,000 people died. They could have just as easily died in a car accident or in an elevator. Repubs dive head first into the empty pool fantasy that Trump has put Americans first. Even as California burns and the Gulf coast is hammered by yet another hurricane, they shout that climate change is a farce dreamed up by liberals. Trump waves his tiny hands and his flock see the vision of an alternate universe, where the only violent thugs are BLM, funded by a secretive society that nobody can seem to actually locate, but they know its there. Never mind that far right conservative militia are in the middle of the riots.

The debates should be fun.

Last edited:
You've been reading the wrong things. Developing a vaccine which is BOTH safe and effective is EXTREMELY likely. For various reasons there are lots of people voicing skepticism BUT IMO their motives are not to protect public health. I think there are people on both sides of the aisle floating crap that the vaccines won't work or will be dangerous to promote their own political argument.

This is not new science. The technology we're using has been used successfully. Corona viruses actually are EASIER to make an effective vaccine for than the seasonal flu. So far we don't even know IF the ONE serious illness seen after vaccination was due to the vaccine after tens of thousands of does given. Any of the new vaccines will be at least as safe as influenza vaccine and IMO will be more effective.
This is true, Corona virus is less likely to mutate and changes it proteins as influenza does. I am not worried about safety. Risk vs benefit is by far in favor of patients.

Obama - manipulative, opportunistic, immoral? check.
Biden - manipulative, opportunistic, immoral? check.
Harris - manipulative, opportunistic, immoral? check.
Trump - manipulative, opportunistic, immoral? check.

You, the reader, manipulative, opportunistic, immoral? rough estimate, 95%, check.

Reactions: WHCSC
If you actually read the article, there is some evidence of either foul play, or flat out incompetency. Loosing $150 millionish on your golf course and hotel each, does not really qualify as a shrewd businessman. You can argue that he is producing losses in those businesses to shelter taxes from the income of his other other businesses.

It has long been rumored that The Trump Organization is basically one large money laundering operation. At this point I believe it is the only explanation that can explain: A) that degree of loss in his businesses B) still supporting that lifestyle(s) C) still gaining access to large amounts of capital.

it will all come out in time.

First of all, you have zero evidence that the IRS has found nothing, so asking me to provide evidence that they have is ridiculous. Neither of us is privy to the IRS investigation, and anything said here is pure speculation. What we do know is that Trump is still being audited. Why does it take so long, again, neither you nor I can possibly answer that question. What we can surmise, however, is that analyzing his taxes is significantly more difficult than doing the same to yours or mine. I'm certain Trump has a team of lawyers scrutinizing every move, which also delays the process. And the IRS has seen a full third of its workforce slashed over the past decade. There's a reason the agency goes after poorer people: low handing fruit.

But all of these efforts to explain his taxes by people who claim to understand the complexities of the tax code for real estate or businesses ignores the fact that his taxes don't just show losses, which may be normal for a real estate business, but he also earned hundreds of millions of dollars from the Apprentice. That's pretty obviously not a real estate business, and still he paid little to no taxes. His tax returns also show all sorts of questionable deductions. Paying his daughter hundreds of thousands of dollars in consulting fees when she was actually an independent contractor is the exact sort of thing the IRS has pursued others for civil penalties. A massive deduction for his home, which he claimed to be an investment property rather than his private residence; a $70,000 hair care expense, not to mention $421 million in personally guaranteed debt.

Alas, instead of addressing the questions that his taxes raise, the conservatives on the board are embracing arguments which they've clearly heard on extreme right media, like Hannity and Limbaugh. False equivalency, rants about people who aren't elected officials, more Hillary nonsense, and baseless claims of deep state conspiracy driven by Trump himself. Think of the mental gymnastics the Repubs must go through every day to convince themselves of the sheer multitude of falsehoods. The pandemic wasn't real, or it didn't matter, never mind that 200,000 people died. They could have just as easily died in a car accident or in an elevator. Repubs dive head first into the empty pool fantasy that Trump has put Americans first. Even as California burns and the Gulf coast is hammered by yet another hurricane, they shout that climate change is a farce dreamed up by liberals. Trump waves his tiny hands and his flock see the vision of an alternate universe, where the only violent thugs are BLM, funded by a secretive society that nobody can seem to actually locate, but they know its there. Never mind that far right conservative militia are in the middle of the riots.

The debates should be fund.

You are holding on too tight.

You are holding on too tight.
Maybe, but it's hard to watch people I've known and respected for ages go to the mat for this guy. It's as if they've become the Borg, or were initiated into a perverse cult. Something terrible happens, and they put on a MAGA hat and chant in unison.

Maybe, but it's hard to watch people I've known and respected for ages go to the mat for this guy. It's as if they've become the Borg, or were initiated into a perverse cult. Something terrible happens, and they put on a MAGA hat and chant in unison.

Maybe, but some of the stuff you are posting is giving the cultish vibe as well.

Reactions: WHCSC
Its illegal and the IRS or his bank would have caught that by now.
I'm sure that makes you feel better, but there's no evidence to back up that statement. I could just as easily argue that if he was innocent the IRS wouldn't be auditing him still. And before you declare this to be a liberal witch hunt, Trump has been audited for years, long before he took office.

They're all dirty. You don't get that rich or have that much power without being dirty.

Reactions: Lincoln100
I'm sure that makes you feel better, but there's no evidence to back up that statement. I could just as easily argue that if he was innocent the IRS wouldn't be auditing him still. And before you declare this to be a liberal witch hunt, Trump has been audited for years, long before he took office.
There's no evidence that any of this NYT article is true either.

Trump literally takes his cues from Fox, which people like you take from Trump. It's disturbing to say the least.

Deflection - typical of the Left.

The Dim Left take to the streets to riot, loot, vandalize property and assault people when the media reports an alternate version of reality to them. They embody the very definition of an NPC.

The Left: "But Trump watches Fox News". As if the President occasionally retweeting Fox News when he feels they get a story correct is the same.

Deflection - typical of the Left.

The Dim Left take to the streets to riot, loot, vandalize property and assault people when the media reports an alternate version of reality to them. They embody the very definition of an NPC.

The Left: "But Trump watches Fox News". As if the President occasionally retweeting Fox News when he feels they get a story correct is the same.
Trump's parroting of Fox news isn't a left wing conspiracy. It's very well document. Entire reports have shown his speeches alongside Fox news, and it's virtually the same. Try again.

They're all dirty. You don't get that rich or have that much power without being dirty.

Yup (however, Pence seems to have it buttoned up pretty good, so I do wonder what kind of skeletons that guy might have in his closet). It's why you vote on policy and performance, not on puffery and politics.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and WHCSC
Yup (however, Pence seems to have it buttoned up pretty good, so I do wonder what kind of skeletons that guy might have in his closet). It's why you vote on policy and performance, not on puffery and politics.
Pence won't have a meal with another woman and calls his wife mother. I'm not saying this has anything to do with his politics, but he is a super creepy dude.

C'mon! You support BIDEN!!!!
I have not once said that I support Biden. But you support Trump, a notorious adulterer who paid $130,000 for sex with a porn star, and faces multiple accusations of sexual assault and rape. And Pence is creepy. Simply uttering Biden's name does not wash the creep off Pence. Why are Repubs suckers for this line of false reasoning? If I say the sky is blue, and you respond, "well so is the ocean," you understand the sky is still blue, right? And in this case Pence is still a creep.

Reactions: kidofSN
The New York Times has been in business since 1841. It has won 130 Pulitzer Prizes, more than any other news source. Ad Fontes Media, an independent media rating source rates the NYT as neutral and balanced and highly reliable, so there's that. As Lindsey Graham said, DJT is a "race baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot." Trump has schemed and scammed all of his life. It's finally catching up with him.

The New York Times has been in business since 1841. It has won 130 Pulitzer Prizes, more than any other news source. Ad Fontes Media, an independent media rating source rates the NYT as neutral and balanced and highly reliable, so there's that. As Lindsey Graham said, DJT is a "race baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot." Trump has schemed and scammed all of his life. It's finally catching up with him.
And he could not be more deserving.

Reactions: Huskercjb
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT