ADVERTISEMENT

Herd Immunity Math

Status
Not open for further replies.
You brought up Hillary not me or did you forget? I don't care about either Hillary or Trump's taxes.

As far as a full picture, the New York Times actually could tabulate some of the real estate taxes that Trump pays on his properties by going to local county public records and doing the research. BUT they don't want to do that research because it would undercut their narrative that Trump pays no taxes. They'd rather just speculate on a small sliver of the total picture to distort the story for their readers.
You're right, I did. My bad. I guess we'll see how this plays out. We should expect many more stories, hopefully with increasingly greater detail. But fwiw, I care about his taxes, just as I care about Biden's. We deserve to know if the POTUS has shady associations. Seriously, how can someone argue out one side of their mouth that Trump's bad behavior is okay because all politicians are corrupt, while calling for investigations of alleged wrongdoing by his opponent's son out the other?

This is a very detail thread that spells things out for people like me who clearly are not well versed in the complexities of taxes. No fake news here. Just numbers. He has quite a bit of loans that are due very soon. Maybe he is trying to run out the clock and just pass the debt off to his family members when he is gone soon but if he isn't he will have to come up with quite a bit of money that I'm not sure he has.

It's possible, if not likely, that the loan in question was made by one of his own corporations. I've done the same thing so I could use the interest as a hedge against my personal income. This ledger tells us nothing.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Mueller had access and they found nothing either hmm
Um, that's not true. He found a lot. In fact, but left it to congress to decide whether to press the issue. A direct quote from his report "while this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.” There were also several people charged and convicted in the probe. Found nothing? That's just not accurate. Trump whinged about "no collusion" and on that narrow view of the investigation Mueller found no evidence of coordination. But found nothing? You really have to be trying buy that load of crap.

I haven't seen any evidence that there are these people that are deemed to be government experts

Um, that's not true. He found a lot. In fact, but left it to congress to decide whether to press the issue. A direct quote from his report "while this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.” There were also several people charged and convicted in the probe. Found nothing? That's just not accurate. Trump whinged about "no collusion" and on that narrow view of the investigation Mueller found no evidence of coordination. But found nothing? You really have to be trying buy that load of crap.
Was not the mueller investigation about collusion was that not the basis it was formed? Part of that investigation was access to IRS tax returns, if there was something in there that exposed Trump to blackmail or some other illegality it would have been in the report and it was not. So again why do you want to see his tax returns?

It's possible, if not likely, that the loan in question was made by one of his own corporations. I've done the same thing so I could use the interest as a hedge against my personal income. This ledger tells us nothing.
Again I don't pretend to have any knowledge of corporate tax practices but there is quite a bit in that thread that point to a debt that will never be payed off and puts our national security at high risk

Was not the mueller investigation about collusion was that not the basis it was formed? Part of that investigation was access to IRS tax returns, if there was something in there that exposed Trump to blackmail or some other illegality it would have been in the report and it was not. So again why do you want to see his tax returns?
Oh brother, I guess we see what we want to see. I've explained in very easy to understand language, there are a great many reasons the public should have access to his tax returns. If at the very least the fact that every candidate and president has done so for decades isn't enough, then it's clear that nothing is sufficient in your view. I'm glad it's not up to you.

He's a freaking politician! Of course he has shady associations! They all do! Jeepers Creepers!
Oh, now I get it. He's a politician, so it's all good. Biden is corrupt, but hey, it's all good, he's a politician, after all. Thanks for the rationalization, brother!!!

Again I don't pretend to have any knowledge of corporate tax practices but there is quite a bit in that thread that point to a debt that will never be payed off and puts our national security at high risk
Whats there is that trump is leveraged somewhere between 10 and 20%. Thats probably less than half of what most people on this board carry for debt load. Just for a point of reference, the Obamas debt load exceeded what we see here and it was never a problem. Unless Trump is fraudulently inflating the value of his assets (which is unlikely), his loan portfolio here really isn't terribly concerning, but this is exactly why he was reticent to release his personal tax returns. They don't tell the full story but can certainly be used for political purposes against him.

Compare this to Romney. He didnt disclose financial information for Bain Capital, but i will guarantee you it would show his net worth being entirely different than what his personal tax return did.

Whats there is that trump is leveraged somewhere between 10 and 20%. Thats probably less than half of what most people on this board carry for debt load. Just for a point of reference, the Obamas debt load exceeded what we see here and it was never a problem. Unless Trump is fraudulently inflating the value of his assets (which is unlikely), his loan portfolio here really isn't terribly concerning, but this is exactly why he was reticent to release his personal tax returns. They don't tell the full story but can certainly be used for political purposes against him.

Compare this to Romney. He didnt disclose financial information for Bain Capital, but i will guarantee you it would show his net worth being entirely different than what his personal tax return did.
I'm curious, what is it that makes you go to such great lengths to defend this man?

Oh, now I get it. He's a politician, so it's all good. Biden is corrupt, but hey, it's all good, he's a politician, after all. Thanks for the rationalization, brother!!!

No it's not all good. It's all bad. That's the point.

I'm curious, what is it that makes you go to such great lengths to defend this man?
I dont always defend him. I've gone after him harder than most for things like tariffs and his cabinet appointments. In this case, he is being unduly attacked by simpletons that base their position on confirmation bias so I will defend him.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
Oh brother, I guess we see what we want to see. I've explained in very easy to understand language, there are a great many reasons the public should have access to his tax returns. If at the very least the fact that every candidate and president has done so for decades isn't enough, then it's clear that nothing is sufficient in your view. I'm glad it's not up to you.
The tax returns I would love to see are the ones from senators and congressmen that came into office highly in debt and now are millionaires ( pelosi anyone)

First, I don't really like Trump as a person. I couldn't imagine spending any time with him, he is not the kind of friend I would hang with. That said, I do like MOST (read not ALL) his policies. I am pro-life, pro 2nd amendment, anti identity politics, pro freedoms guaranteed under the constitution.

You really are extending yourself with her assertations and you aren't answering the questions @Crazyhole and others have proposed. You keep beating the same drum narrative the biased media beats, nothing new. How about dealing in some reality for a change?

Where was the investigation of the Clinton's non profit? It was ignored while she was on Obama's cabinet and now some things have surfaced and it sounds as if it is coming under serious scrutiny. The foreign "donations" dried up after she lost the election, mere coincidence I am certain. Now, she is being investigated but it would never have happened if she had won like her former boss thought. But the Clintons are upstanding and moral persons, far above the dirty Donald. Spin that the best you can

Nadler stands before the American people time and time again stating he has the evidence beyond a doubt that Trump colluded with Russia. So Jerry buddy, where is that "evidence?" He was and is a liar and is playing pure politics.

Muller spent $40 million to determine what? No collusion with Russia. You stated he found some things, sure he did, with a budget like he had and the world wide business people he was investigating, it was bound to happen. If you had unlimited money and investigative powers to investigate every single person on this board I guarantee you would find something. Don't lose track of the fact that he did NOT find anything to do with Russian collusion.

But back to Russia, we do know that the democrats paid for false information and obtained illegal surveillance warrants as a result. This happened under Obama and he, by all accounts, was fully aware of it as was Joe Bidden.

I get you are focused on Trumps tax returns. Mueller had access to all of that, every penny. The IRS also has access to all of that and yet nothing. If he made every single page of it public, I guarantee you that you nor 99% of the people in the country could understand it. I have a small business and it is complicated enough. Have a BIL who owns multiple business across the U.S and has made millions and yet last year, made zero dollars. Why? Because he invested back into his company by buying very expensive equipment while planning to sell the company. It's like Amazon. A billion dollars of revenue does not equal taxable income all of the time. Understand it please. You yourself are relying on partisan hacks to interpret what you can't know and what they want you to think.

How about the good IRS that admitted to treating the conservative groups differently under Obama. Lois Learner took the 5th on that one and they had to fess up and pay.

If you are so worried about Trump's financial information, how about having the same level of concern about Obama's? Why are his educational and other records still sealed? This is personal but I still do not think he was born in the U.S but that is opinion, I admit.

Trump is no boy scout and the liberal press will spin this entire tax debate every way it can without really knowing how things work. If they can't find truth, make something up and keep repeating it over and over and it will eventually be considered truth.

You seem to want to label Trump as a despicable human being and not worth voting for. If character was everything then Clinton and his sexual adventures would never have made the white house. Or Obama and his drugging days and his life growing up in Muslim countries. Somehow, democratic voters looked past that and voted for both. Amazing. Was it McCane and Romney running against them? Two pretty straight shooters by all accounts, guess that didn't matter then.

you would think people would be more interested in scrutinizing a public servant who then became a multi-millionaire, than a multi-millionaire who then became a public servant.

oh yeah, and today I heard something in a shark's liver is used in some of the upcoming vaccines..

First, I don't really like Trump as a person. I couldn't imagine spending any time with him, he is not the kind of friend I would hang with. That said, I do like MOST (read not ALL) his policies. I am pro-life, pro 2nd amendment, anti identity politics, pro freedoms guaranteed under the constitution.

You really are extending yourself with her assertations and you aren't answering the questions @Crazyhole and others have proposed. You keep beating the same drum narrative the biased media beats, nothing new. How about dealing in some reality for a change?

Where was the investigation of the Clinton's non profit? It was ignored while she was on Obama's cabinet and now some things have surfaced and it sounds as if it is coming under serious scrutiny. The foreign "donations" dried up after she lost the election, mere coincidence I am certain. Now, she is being investigated but it would never have happened if she had won like her former boss thought. But the Clintons are upstanding and moral persons, far above the dirty Donald. Spin that the best you can

Nadler stands before the American people time and time again stating he has the evidence beyond a doubt that Trump colluded with Russia. So Jerry buddy, where is that "evidence?" He was and is a liar and is playing pure politics.

Muller spent $40 million to determine what? No collusion with Russia. You stated he found some things, sure he did, with a budget like he had and the world wide business people he was investigating, it was bound to happen. If you had unlimited money and investigative powers to investigate every single person on this board I guarantee you would find something. Don't lose track of the fact that he did NOT find anything to do with Russian collusion.

But back to Russia, we do know that the democrats paid for false information and obtained illegal surveillance warrants as a result. This happened under Obama and he, by all accounts, was fully aware of it as was Joe Bidden.

I get you are focused on Trumps tax returns. Mueller had access to all of that, every penny. The IRS also has access to all of that and yet nothing. If he made every single page of it public, I guarantee you that you nor 99% of the people in the country could understand it. I have a small business and it is complicated enough. Have a BIL who owns multiple business across the U.S and has made millions and yet last year, made zero dollars. Why? Because he invested back into his company by buying very expensive equipment while planning to sell the company. It's like Amazon. A billion dollars of revenue does not equal taxable income all of the time. Understand it please. You yourself are relying on partisan hacks to interpret what you can't know and what they want you to think.

How about the good IRS that admitted to treating the conservative groups differently under Obama. Lois Learner took the 5th on that one and they had to fess up and pay.

If you are so worried about Trump's financial information, how about having the same level of concern about Obama's? Why are his educational and other records still sealed? This is personal but I still do not think he was born in the U.S but that is opinion, I admit.

Trump is no boy scout and the liberal press will spin this entire tax debate every way it can without really knowing how things work. If they can't find truth, make something up and keep repeating it over and over and it will eventually be considered truth.

You seem to want to label Trump as a despicable human being and not worth voting for. If character was everything then Clinton and his sexual adventures would never have made the white house. Or Obama and his drugging days and his life growing up in Muslim countries. Somehow, democratic voters looked past that and voted for both. Amazing. Was it McCane and Romney running against them? Two pretty straight shooters by all accounts, guess that didn't matter then.
obama growing up in muslim countries? what does that have to do with his character? drugging days? you mean he tried dope as a teenager? you are really struggling to come up with something that characterizes obama as having terrible character.
nobody is perfect. but there certainly are different levels of imperfection. i can't think of even 1 area of character that isnt unacceptable with trump.
i have voted republican my whole life but Trump is too much of a DAILY embarrassment to the party. The outright lies and attempts to divide us for his personal gain outweigh any policy agreements i could have with him. honestly any remotely intelligent person would have to admit the only reason they could vote for him is for personal gain.

Last edited:
The tax returns I would love to see are the ones from senators and congressmen that came into office highly in debt and now are millionaires ( pelosi anyone)
I agree, but Pelosi isn't one of those. She always had money, and married into a lot more.

Dingle, yes I mentioned if you read closely themorsil was NOT common in single dose.
Please don’t poo poo the side effects had a family member contract Gilliain BArre syndrome,
After the flu shot, so it can happen,
Glad you GET ON WITH LIFE!! it what we all must do.
Sounds like you battle some concerns, Godspeed to you.
The most common cause of Guillian-Barre Syndrome is usually a viral infection of some type including most recently Zika. It is not impossible that a modified live vaccine could cause that. Flu vaccine is killed vaccine and is highly unlikely to cause GBS.

It is much more likely that a virus as serious as COVID could cause more severe and less treatable effects than Guillian-Barre. Guillian-Bare is a bad deal but thankfully very rare with immunizations. It is also possible that it wasn't in fact the immunization that actually caused the syndrome. It may have been coincidental that your relative developed the syndrome after an immunization. It's hard to prove. I'll take my chances with the slim chance of getting Guillian-Barre Syndrome versus dying from COVID or influenza.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
This is a very detail thread that spells things out for people like me who clearly are not well versed in the complexities of taxes. No fake news here. Just numbers. He has quite a bit of loans that are due very soon. Maybe he is trying to run out the clock and just pass the debt off to his family members when he is gone soon but if he isn't he will have to come up with quite a bit of money that I'm not sure he has.
Why would you pay off 4.2% debt if you don't have to when you can re-invest that money in an investment vehicle that maybe pays you 10-12%? Trump is the master of leverage using other people's money to generate cash flow. It's how most of the wealthy people I know got that way. The only problem with that philosophy is when things go south.

I have a high school classmate who owns over 120 quarters of irrigated farm ground and he feeds over 80,000 head of his own cattle. A few years ago when the fat cattle market was really bad he was near bankruptcy. He told me later, he said he figured he had less than 2 weeks of operating capital left when the cattle market lurched higher and saved their butts. Likewise I had a lawyer friend who was leveraged to the max on farm land when he died. Fortunately the land market exploded about the same time he died and his widow turned out a wealthy woman when she started selling land. His crazy leverage made his family a ton of money as it turned out. They could have just as well lost everything.

Reactions: NikkiSixx and WHCSC
So a dude who isn't president, he's not even an elected official, who has been investigated by Repubs -- your standard of impartiality -- and still no charges. That's important, but not Trump? Is it exhausting going to the mat for such a morally bankrupt troll every day for the last four years? You're a lot cause, and that's fine because America is changing, and it looks nothing like you.
Why is that prosecutor investigating now? It's purely political. The IRS, the head of which was an Obama appointee, has already evaluated those returns and didn't turn him over for prosecution. That should tell you all you need to know right there. IF there had been something Obama's justice department would have gone after him either right before or after the last election.

Thing isn't that he isn't paying much in taxes. He's admitted that before. Even during the last debates. It's the enormous debt that makes him susceptible to foreign influence. That's a huge deal. Also the tricky math involved to make your tax bill smaller might have to be further examined.
The thing about owing 450 million dollars is that every domestic and foreign issue, regardless of the situation, context, or danger, becomes an opportunity to pad your wallet and work toward paying off the egregious debt.

We’re not being served. We’re being grifted.
wow. This country's primary debt holders are Chinese government proxies and you're worried about Trump's debt to banks? I think your fear is misplaced. Would you rather have huge sums of cash in his off shore accounts from foreign sources like the Bidens? Hunter's financial information would be very interesting IF we could get it from his foreign bankers.

Reactions: ChristmasBOnus
obama growing up in muslim countries? what does that have to do with his character? drugging days? you mean he tried dope as a teenager? you are really struggling to come up with something that characterizes obama as having terrible character.

-Weaponizing the IRS to go after his political opponents
-Spying on and arresting journalists
-"If you like your [health insurance] plan, you can keep your plan"
-Benghazi and blaming it on a youtube video when they knew that to be a lie
-Refusing to send help in Benghazi until it was too late
-Fast & Furious
-Naming a Communist sympathizer as the head of the CIA (Brennan)
-Initiating an attempted coup against the incoming administration
-Amending the rules concerning info sharing between the intelligence agencies 10 days before leaving office, thereby ensuring leaks would be more common and more difficult to find

This is just off the top of my head. There's plenty of real, factual items that reflect the type of character Obama has.

nobody is perfect. but there certainly are different levels of imperfection. i can't think of even 1 area of character that isnt unacceptable with trump.
i have voted republican my whole life but Trump is too much of a DAILY embarrassment to the party. The outright lies and attempts to divide us for his personal gain outweigh any policy agreements i could have with him. honestly any remotely intelligent person would have to admit the only reason they could vote for him is for personal gain.

The rest of this is just a load of BS. I doubt you were ever a conservative or a regular R voter. If you actually were, then you should be embarrassed by how much influence you've allowed our completely dishonest media to have over you.

wow. This country's primary debt holders are Chinese government proxies and you're worried about Trump's debt to banks? I think your fear is misplaced. Would you rather have huge sums of cash in his off shore accounts from foreign sources like the Bidens? Hunter's financial information would be very interesting IF we could get it from his foreign bankers.
I think he is probably compromised but of course what do I know? Would just like to see the exact sources of the loans

What's the news?

Now sport, I know you have some thoughts on this issue... but the fact of the matter is nobody cares about this virus anymore except for a few panic porn addicts and fear mongers and virtue signalers. People are going to avoid this vaccine like crazy. On the bright side, that means there'll be plenty of doses for you. You can get 4 or 5 shots if you want. You'll be super vaccinated.

Quick question: How many times has Trump filed for bankruptcy and what has that allowed him to do?

I can't possibly answer that question, but that's not really the point, is it? Trump's taxes aren't just about possible tax evasion, it's about his associations and his vulnerabilities that become America's vulnerabilities. Do you understand that?

Say it with me: Paying your taxes is not tax evasion.

Read what I've written. I assume that's not too heavy of a lift. I explicitly said I don't know if he's done anything illegal. It speaks volumes that one of the self-proclaimed wealthiest men in America paid nothing in taxes. Why are you dodging that question? Be honest with yourself. If I swapped out Trump for Clinton on this report, and it was published on Fox rather than the NYT, would you be singing another tune.

You're really going to lose your shit when you find out how much Amazon paid in taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT