ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstriet calling OSU game

He's kind of an OSU homer in the studio, but during games I think he plays it pretty straight.

I wish we could get Brad Nessler on the play-by-play though. Best college FB announcer since Keith Jackson, in my opinion, because you barely know he is there. Lets the game be the star of the show.

He's kind of an OSU homer in the studio, but during games I think he plays it pretty straight.

I wish we could get Brad Nessler on the play-by-play though. Best college FB announcer since Keith Jackson, in my opinion, because you barely know he is there. Lets the game be the star of the show.
Nessler and Blackledge would be the best. McDonough and Blackledge are very good, did the Michigan/TCU game. Danielson used to be really good but has aged out a bit.

Conflict of interest... anybody? In comparison, they did Trev out years ago, because he supported NU.
Conflict of interest? He's a color commentator on a football game for God's sake! Did he somehow influence the game? Just turn down your volume.

Reactions: oldjar07
Conflict of interest... anybody? In comparison, they did Trev out years ago, because he supported NU.
Who cares. Just because it's a conflict of interest doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed and that the game can't be called in a fair and balanced manner. Which Kirk does a pretty good job of and nothing to complain about last night. He's one of the best in the business currently and that's why he gets assigned top games that Ohio State plays in.

Who cares. Just because it's a conflict of interest doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed and that the game can't be called in a fair and balanced manner. Which Kirk does a pretty good job of and nothing to complain about last night.
Who cares if the game is called "fair" in the announcer's booth? I guess I would call it a conflict of interest if the ref's son was the QB of one of the teams.

Who cares if the game is called "fair" in the announcer's booth? I guess I would call it a conflict of interest if the ref's son was the QB of one of the teams.
Like I just said, just because it's a conflict of interest doesn't mean it can't be called in a fair and balanced manner. Which it was, so you're complaining about nothing.

Like I just said, just because it's a conflict of interest doesn't mean it can't be called in a fair and balanced manner. Which it was, so you're complaining about nothing.
I'm not complaining about anything. You could have those red painted Georgia students with the spiked shoulder pads or the big painted tOSU fan call the game in the booth for all I care.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT