ADVERTISEMENT

Henry Gray enters portal

I’ve been thinking the virus will hurt us more than most big schools. Players are going to be less mobile, out of both want and need to be close to home. We get most of our guys from far away. You may see mid-major schools in recruiting hot beds really benefit. And no this virus isn’t going away anytime soon.

Reactions: Catch50
It was nice while it lasted. Dude had some sick offers too from what it looks like.

Whats the point of even having NLIs at this point? All they do is guarantee a scholarship for a player but that player can back out for any reason at any time i guess. Why can't schools cut a kid at any time for any reason and say "sorry, pay your own way for school and turn in your pads"?

Whats the point of even having NLIs at this point? All they do is guarantee a scholarship for a player but that player can back out for any reason at any time i guess. Why can't schools cut a kid at any time for any reason and say "sorry, pay your own way for school and turn in your pads"?
because schools are already having their cake & eating it, too, when it comes to their relationship with players

but, I suppose that's a topic for another thread :Cool:

We will definitely take a dip in recruiting this year. We'll have to have to resort to Walk-Ons, 2-Star, & 3-star players for the next few years. I don't see we getting into the top 15 rankings from recruiting services and some of the good players 4-star players that is on the team might transfer like Henry Gray. It will be hard to get highly rated players to come here with players wanting to go to SEC, ACC, and 1-3 Big Ten teams.

We will definitely take a dip in recruiting this year. We'll have to have to resort to Walk-Ons, 2-Star, & 3-star players for the next few years. I don't see we getting into the top 15 rankings from recruiting services and some of the good players 4-star players that is on the team might transfer like Henry Gray. It will be hard to get highly rated players to come here with players wanting to go to SEC, ACC, and 1-3 Big Ten teams.
What makes you say this?

Reactions: Hardslider21
This kid was all over the place to begin with, switched his mind several times before choosing Nebraska. Meanwhile we didn't give a scholly to Gifford...smh, when will people learn that kids have to want to play for Nebraska as well? I get we need out of state athletes, but these gambles are back firing a lot.

This kid was all over the place to begin with, switched his mind several times before choosing Nebraska. Meanwhile we didn't give a scholly to Gifford...smh, when will people learn that kids have to want to play for Nebraska as well? I get we need out of state athletes, but these gambles are back firing a lot.
Gifford is part of the team and will have a scholly second semester, if not sooner now.

I’ve been thinking the virus will hurt us more than most big schools. Players are going to be less mobile, out of both want and need to be close to home. We get most of our guys from far away. You may see mid-major schools in recruiting hot beds really benefit. And no this virus isn’t going away anytime soon.

look on the brite side, less Nebraskans players will go to Iowa with this logic!

Pretty shocked by this one given Gray's activity as a peer recruiter.

Much better to have a kid who doesn't want to be here not show up at all than show up, hate it, and spread discontent, though.

Reactions: headcard
Thankfully it is at Safety where we should be fine. Farmer, Gates, Gifford...Francois and a few other could play it as well as CB

I think your more than a little off. While I didn’t attend N it’s been my 2nd favorite school for 20+ years. The SEC has 6 legitimate teams then crap. The ACC has what 4 teams and crap. The B1G has 4 but 4 more that’s not far away. Our conference top to bottom is the most competitive of them all. Rutgers sucks but they will get better under Schiano .. as much as I enjoy their ineptitude for 14 years.

N isn’t a lone here, recruiting when visits can’t happen is tough. So far only OS has landed 95% of their targets, yes 8 of which has never been to Columbus. Let’s face facts, they are in a completely different place then us other 13 schools.
Now once recruits are allowed to start taking visits again. I think you’re going to see de-commitments across the board. Lots of place holding happening.

Just watch and see. This year with the Covid, we're not able to get kids to visit maybe till the fall and with the delays on the remodeling construction of the facilities delayed till next year.
You said we will have to rely on 2-stars and walk-one for a few years. Yes, Covid is really hurting us, but we should have a vaccine around the first of the year, so recruiting will return to normal sooner than later. I think we may see a little dip this year, but will be fine overall.

Baffling and frustrating, there's no other way to spin it. Kid is very talented, you sign a 4* kid and not only does he never play a snap, he doesn't even stay around until the season starts. Complete "WTF" situation.

I don't know if the data backs it up, but NU feels snakebitten when it comes to highly-rated kids. Seems like more than our fair share end up as busts or transfer out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT