ADVERTISEMENT

Henrich & Hickman...

Is Henrich actually better then Nelson or does he own the number one spot because he’s gotten more offers then Nelson? I’m assuming Nelson doesn’t gain more offers because other teams know he’s a Husker and won’t even fart in there direction (sorry guys, I have always used that saying since I was 15). Just curious who everyone else feels is the true top Nebraska player? Seeing Nelson in camps, dude really impressed with his motor and skills.

Is Henrich actually better then Nelson or does he own the number one spot because he’s gotten more offers then Nelson? I’m assuming Nelson doesn’t gain more offers because other teams know he’s a Husker and won’t even fart in there direction (sorry guys, I have always used that saying since I was 15). Just curious who everyone else feels is the true top Nebraska player? Seeing Nelson in camps, dude really impressed with his motor and skills.

Lol... Ya having more offers would make sense unless they think he also plays better competition in the Omaha area..

How is it stacking the deck? The guy said he hopes the fan base will show patience even if Nebraska doesn't get the two Burke kids. My reply said that the fan base is still in it's honeymoon stage with Frost and I used the gushing over a DL lineman that has played 2 games in 6 years as one example of that fact. The other player I made mention of is looking to graduate in August and leave the MAC school he is currently at, where he started 7 games last year. Further evidence that the fan base will have patience with Frost.

Don't make it more than it is.

As far as the number of games the team will win, I am on record saying they will win 8 games this season. I would assume they will win more the next. But that doesn't change the fact that my original point was that the fan base will have plenty of patience with Frost.
Did you see the other commits? Must have missed you in thise threads

Did you see the other commits? Must have missed you in thise threads

Yep, a 2 star, 5 3-stars and 3 4-stars. We are 31st in the rankings and 26th or so in average star ranking. But if we read the comments about recruiting we act as if it’s top 10.

Maybe it will end up that way, but right now it is no different than years past.

Yep, a 2 star, 5 3-stars and 3 4-stars. We are 31st in the rankings and 26th or so in average star ranking. But if we read the comments about recruiting we act as if it’s top 10.

Maybe it will end up that way, but right now it is no different than years past.

For now the difference is Frost staff recruiting toward his style on both sides on the ball and what Riley recruited for his WCO...

For now the difference is Frost staff recruiting toward his style on both sides on the ball and what Riley recruited for his WCO...

That doesn’t change the fact that there is a honeymoon period going on. And that people are gushing over a DT that hasn’t played DT and has only played 2 games of football in 6 years. Both on offense.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
That doesn’t change the fact that there is a honeymoon period going on. And that people are gushing over a DT that hasn’t played DT and has only played 2 games of football in 6 years. Both on offense.

If you want to refer to that go ahead.Riley class if he would have retained would have not been even in the top 40, Frost in a short period of time had a top 25 class.

Not predicting Frost is going to have top 10 class but his staff will evaluate players better for their system than Mr Smiley did with his staff.... Just saying.

If you want to refer to that go ahead.Riley class if he would have retained would have not been even in the top 40, Frost in a short period of time had a top 25 class.

Not predicting Frost is going to have top 10 class but his staff will evaluate players better for their system than Mr Smiley did with his staff.... Just saying.

You are making things up to argue about.

My first post I replied to asked if the fans would be patient with Frost if he didn’t get the 2 Burke kids. I replied that the honeymoon would last and gave a couple of examples as to how the fan base is reacting to a couple of marginal grad transfers as evidence that the honeymoon will last.

Then the other dude wants to bring up the current class and questioning if I had seen the other commitments. First of all it was an irelevant point, because the two guys I referred to won’t even count toward the class and B) the fact that there are a couple of 4 star recruits doesn’t change the fact that people are gushing over the grad transfer DT with little to no experience playing DT. Then I replied that the current class is on par with every other class the last 10 years or so.

To which you brought up another pointless argument about Frost getting the guys he wants vs the WCO. Like that has anything to do with where Nebraska’s current recruiting class is ranked.

Now, for some reason, you want to bring up Riley. Of course you can’t have a truthful conversation about that and you want to spin it and talk about the recruiting class of a lame duck coach after all the players jumped from the class when they knew he was getting fired. What was Riley’s class ranked the week of Friday Night Lights? If we want to compare apples to apples, let’s do that. June 2017 vs June 2018.

But again that whole argument is pointless because the entire premise of my part of the discussion had to do with how the average Nebraska fan will be patient with Frost even if he doesn’t get the Burke kids and nothing to do wit any other recruits or any other past classes, partial, full or otherwise.

Reactions: Yossarian23

Henrich is the real deal. Period.

Wow.....you must be in a different galaxy than me. I recall clearly ENDLESS apologists for Clownahan on the internet and was regarded as a supreme recruiter who would bring greatness to NU. Also, a Super Bowl coach....Wow! Firing Frank was great and now we have a modern guru to keep NU fully elite!

The Smiling Mike apologists had huge boatloads & were essentially the same fluff-ball fans who also drooled over Clownahan. Never gave him a chance? Lol! Two losing seasons in three years should have been just fine? The poor guy never had a chance?? Haha.....wow.

Well, anyways.....different strokes for different folks.

GBR!!

To be fair in 2007 we had a team ranked in the top 12, we had the #3 recruiting class in the nation, and our best recruiting classes of 2005 and 2006 were just coming of age, Suh, Hagg, Amukamara had barely seen the field. It would make perfect sense for everyone to be on the bandwagon at that point. The USC game was probably the biggest NU spectacle in a decade before that...and then we got rolled and everything fell apart, and quickly. But people who saw it coming are full of it.

Reactions: timnsun
To be fair in 2007 we had a team ranked in the top 12, we had the #3 recruiting class in the nation, and our best recruiting classes of 2005 and 2006 were just coming of age, Suh, Hagg, Amukamara had barely seen the field. It would make perfect sense for everyone to be on the bandwagon at that point. The USC game was probably the biggest NU spectacle in a decade before that...and then we got rolled and everything fell apart, and quickly. But people who saw it coming are full of it.

I remember thinking before the USC game "this is all just smoke and mirrors". I thought it was pretty easy to see.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Henrich is the real deal. Period.

Didn’t ask that. I know he’s a good player. I asked what the opinions where on which player is the best prospect. Nelson or Henrich? I got an answer of offers (which doesn’t mean a lot here because Nelson would have a lot more if he was open to other schools) and your comment on Henrich being the real deal period....which again doesn’t answer if he’s better then Nelson or not.

Who did Riley recruit that didn't fit his system?

I agree with you. Riley was recruiting players to his system. They just couldn’t coach them worth a crap once they got here. This is just another way of not giving Riley credit for anything and kick him at any and all chances possible. Dude failed horribly, no doubt. But not everything the man did was bad. There was some good, not much but some.

Wow.....you must be in a different galaxy than me. I recall clearly ENDLESS apologists for Clownahan on the internet and was regarded as a supreme recruiter who would bring greatness to NU. Also, a Super Bowl coach....Wow! Firing Frank was great and now we have a modern guru to keep NU fully elite!

The Smiling Mike apologists had huge boatloads & were essentially the same fluff-ball fans who also drooled over Clownahan. Never gave him a chance? Lol! Two losing seasons in three years should have been just fine? The poor guy never had a chance?? Haha.....wow.

Well, anyways.....different strokes for different folks.

GBR!!

Well that definitely wasn’t you. You can see the Callahan hatred dripping from your post. Anyone who tried to give Bill Callahan a fair shake thought he was a supreme recruiter and thought he was going to bring them back to greatness and all that junk as you claimed??? And then the Mike Riley apologists?? Really?!?! That crap gets so dam old. And fans who just backed there team and coaches we had is viewed by some as all that?? There’s no conspiracy, there’s no Riley, Callahan, or Bo fans...there’s just Husker fans. How hard is it to get, that we just back our players and coaches? I backed Solich, I backed Callahan, I backed Bo, I backed Riley and now I back Frost. Why!?!? Not because I’m a Riley apologists or a Callahan lover or any of that. Because I’m a Husker fan that backs anything and all things Huskers, including the coaches we have at that time.

Last edited:
Who did Riley recruit that didn't fit his system?

Maybe you’re misinterpreted, Frost staff will do a better job of evaluating than Riley staff did for their systems.

Didn’t mean Riley didn’t recruit too his system especially on offense.

Well that definitely wasn’t you. You can see the Callahan hatred dripping from your post. Anyone who tried to give Bill Callahan a fair shake thought he was a supreme recruiter and thought he was going to bring them back to greatness and all that junk as you claimed??? And then the Mike Riley apologists?? Really?!?! That crap gets so dam old. And fans who just backed there team and coaches we had is viewed by some as all that?? There’s no conspiracy, there’s no Riley, Callahan, or Bo fans...there’s just Husker fans. How hard is it to get, that we just back our players and coaches? I backed Solich, I backed Callahan, I backed Bo, I backed Riley and now I back Frost. Why!?!? Not because I’m a Riley apologists or a Callahan lover or any of that. Because I’m a Husker fan that backs anything and all things Huskers, including the coaches we have at that time.
Very well said. I supported every single one of our coaches equally.I started on this board in 2003 and vehemently supported Solich then. I supported Callahan from the beginning too-not because I was some huge fan of his and was overjoyed when he was hired, but because he was our coach and deserved our support. I backed Pelini from the beginning too, and stuck with him much longer than a lot of other people. I backed Riley too-again, not because I was some big fan of his and was overjoyed when he was hired, but because he was our coach and deserved our support. And by the time each one of the last 3 was fired, I was 100% behind that decision too, because each had proven they weren't capable of leading our program. I was not behind the Solich firing at the beginning, but later came to believe it was the right thing. And I am 100% behind Frost too, and I will defend him just as much as I defended the others unless it becomes clear to me that he isn't capable of leading our program-something I don't think I will reach for a long time if ever.
I've said this before-that we could be as united now as a fan base as we have been for a long time, if people would stop playing this stupid, divisive game of who supported what coach when and which coaches it was OK to support and which ones it wasn't OK to support and continuing petty vindictiveness towards coaches that are now gone. In short it's clear some people care more about replaying the past and settling past scores than they do about looking towards the future.

I agree with you. Riley was recruiting players to his system. They just couldn’t coach them worth a crap once they got here. This is just another way of not giving Riley credit for anything and kick him at any and all chances possible. Dude failed horribly, no doubt. But not everything the man did was bad. There was some good, not much but some.
I agree, Riley's coffin was nailed shut due to the abysmal 4-8 record last year which happens to be the worst since 1961 and his overall record at Nebraska was 19-19. Riley's is a career .500 coach as everyone easily knows by his career record. I'll go on record by saying, I'm definitly not a fan of Riley but do not dislike him one bit. He may have had a terrible record here which did him in. Forget about the W-L record for minute and lets look at the other side of this, Riley in my opinion was actually the right hire when he came in and I'll explain why. Riley is widely considered among the most respected and well liked coaches, not only his colegues in the coaching community but beat writers and sportscasters as well as everyday people. The reason he is that well liked isn't because he's considered a gimme win on Saturdays, it's because the man is as genuine as it gets as corny as some of the things he does or says. This is why I believe he was the correct hire, as we were still in the wake of the Pelini shitshow which created an extremely toxic environment and atmosphere so bad that going back all the way to 2012 as it had the players completely divided. Pelini created an us against the University, our own fanbase and the world mentality which was evident when he told our fanbase to go fk itself back in 2011 after The Ohio St game. Pelini's outbursts on the sidelines while sometimes violent, he humiliated not only the University, but the state as a whole and Pelini didn't care one bit as he dared anyone to do anything about it virtually and verbally. Although I cannot stand Eichorst, I tend to believe he did what he though was best for Nebraska by making the hire that he did as he was witness to the full toxicity and stench that Pelini imbeded in the program. Riley actually had a hand in righting the ship to say in changing the mental makeup of the players when he got here as he is the polar opposite of Pelini. Had this not happened, Frost wouldn't be here today as the toxicity was that crippling it would've virtually made the players uncoachable and unteachable. Riley's approach was one of gentleness caring and compassion. The bad thing though is he let things get out of control, by allowing his players to miss practices and meetings as well mandatory meals and let accountability go all to hell which is inexcusable. Riley came in at the right time and because of the change in the mindset and overall attitude of the players he inherited, Frost had almost immediate buy in from pretty much the whole team and that is why the players have been getting after it intensly not just because they were humilited last year, but also the players mental state under Riley as well players saw what Frost did at UCF and the way he treated and interacted with his former team. Riley wasn't very good coaching the X's & O's and showed to be lacking in the ability to holding his coaching and strength and conditioning staffs to accountablity as well as player accountability. As far as a genuine human being goes, that's a different story. IMHO GO BIG RED

Last edited:
Maybe you’re misinterpreted, Frost staff will do a better job of evaluating than Riley staff did for their systems.

Didn’t mean Riley didn’t recruit too his system especially on offense.
Let me rephrase. Who did Riley mis-evaluate on for his system?

There was some good, not much but some.

9959899873_325c7d8466.jpg

Reactions: SoFL Husker

Everything he did was bad. Riley was the worst CFB coach we could have hired. Total and complete culture killer. Whatever he left behind (players) were like the aftermath of a nuclear bombed Hiroshima. Proud of the way the kids still here have stepped-up and responded to Frost's new system and accountability. GBR

Everything he did was bad. Riley was the worst CFB coach we could have hired. Total and complete culture killer. Whatever he left behind (players) were like the aftermath of a nuclear bombed Hiroshima. Proud of the way the kids still here have stepped-up and responded to Frost's new system and accountability. GBR

If you say so. He definitely failed here miserably. That’s for sure. But he had some positives. I know, some of you guys refuse to give him credit for anything. But trust me, in no way was I trying to brag the man up or claim he killed it here. Sorry, not everything he did was bad. There was some (maybe small) but some good.

Last edited:
If you say so. He definitely failed here miserably. That’s for sure. But he had some positives. I know, some of you guys refuse to give him credit for anything. But trust me, I’m nonwaybwas I trying to brag the man up or claim he killed it here. Sorry, not everything he did was bad. There was some (maybe small) but some good.

Ok. He did advocate ice-cream sprinkles and movie night.

Reactions: bshirt73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT