ADVERTISEMENT

Hello Huskers.....looking forward to next week..........

Hawkman34

Mar 17, 2002
Never thought at the beginning of the year the Hawks could have made it through to our upcoming game undefeated, and winners of the West. But, I am glad it happened. I know we have many weaknesses, and our schedule was as good as we could have ever hoped for...but still happy to get here.

When I look at next Fridays game, I am VERY concerned about our D against Tommy A. and your receivers. The last few weeks we have struggled BIG TIME stopping the pass. I have not watched a lot of your games this year, but from what I have read it sounds like Tommy has two sides to himself. One is the good Tommy who is accurate and looks polished, then there is the other Tommy, who throws INT's and plays "young". Is that how you see it? Also, where would you say the Huskers have the clear advantage (besides being at home)? Where do yo feel the Hawks might have an advantage?

Peace and lets make it a GREAT Hero's Game!!!

Never thought at the beginning of the year the Hawks could have made it through to our upcoming game undefeated, and winners of the West. But, I am glad it happened. I know we have many weaknesses, and our schedule was as good as we could have ever hoped for...but still happy to get here.

When I look at next Fridays game, I am VERY concerned about our D against Tommy A. and your receivers. The last few weeks we have struggled BIG TIME stopping the pass. I have not watched a lot of your games this year, but from what I have read it sounds like Tommy has two sides to himself. One is the good Tommy who is accurate and looks polished, then there is the other Tommy, who throws INT's and plays "young". Is that how you see it? Also, where would you say the Huskers have the clear advantage (besides being at home)? Where do yo feel the Hawks might have an advantage?

It will be a fun game. Our train wreck season has a chance to end with some optimism and you have a historic opportunity to finish an undefeated conference season. Both sides have a little to play for - should be a good game.

Hawks have the west won but want a shot at playing in the final four.

Huskers want to guarantee a bowl game and keep the little brother down by winning 4 of last 5.

Lots to play for and hopefully it will be a game that both sides get their best out there and play well. Really see the game going late into the fourth. Iowa defense needing to stop Nebraska for a chance to rally late.

Think Nebraska has enough balance to pull it out.

[QUOTE="baseball31ne, post: 1275563, member: keep the little brother down by winning 4 of last 5.

Little you can define yourself, but brother you are not. Sorry you're not in the family. I have no love for Iowa State but when they played you I was all about them.

[QUOTE="baseball31ne, post: 1275563, member: keep the little brother down by winning 4 of last 5.

Little you can define yourself, but brother you are not. Sorry you're not in the family. I have no love for Iowa State but when they played you I was all about them.

Because you still belong in the Big 12.

Funny you didn't read very well or you think you're 3 of the last 4, Hawks are the little brother. It's okay you can be the step brother if you prefer.

Will get to see next Friday I guess what Iowa is this year.

Reactions: leodisflowers

On paper, the huskers should enjoy a huge advantage in the kicking game. Our punter is a 4th year starter and is a tough cookie. So our kicking game is a distinct advantage for us and we generally use it to pin teams deep.

Our place kicker this season is 12-for-14 from 40-49 yards, and has a long of 50. He leads the Big Ten with 18 field goals (on 24 attempts), and his 75 percent accuracy eclipses his 2014 rate of 66.7 (14-for-21).

Nebraska's biggest advantage is our crazy fans. Iowa probably won;t be able to hear their QB the whole game and that can cause problems. NU fans step up for the really big games.

It should be a crazy atmosphere.

Last edited:
If Nebraska is healthy at WR we will go 3 wide often and put A LOT of pressure on your back seven and the running game will take off. If Tommy shows up we will score 30 plus.

If the weather is bad I think Nebraska has the advantage because our interior DL are superior.

Beathard will need to scramble and make plays, because if he can't, I see Nebraska having its best defensive performance as we match up well against your run game.

Im calling a close Nebraska win if Tommy has 1 or less turnovers. 2 or more and Iowa has the upper hand

@Hawkman34 Definitely 2 sides to Tommy Armstrong. How well Nebraska shows will depend mightily on which Tommy we see play. The defense seems to be hitting their stride late in the season with improved health and continued adjustment to the new scheme. Haven't seen Iowa play, so I can't speak to advantages for either side. You guys will have a fight on your hands for sure.

I will probably make some Husker fans mad (because they like to talk smack) - but it still should be said.: I think Iowa's staff and players are to be congratulated for a great season thus far. They have played really well as a team this year, and have never beat themselves . They have played solid, fundamental football in all 3 phases of the game, and have no glaring weaknesses. Neb. on the other hand has played great during some bursts of the game, and looked absolutely pathetic at times as well (see Purdue). Like the Mich. St. game, we have a chance if we play a great game. If not, Iowa will be 12-0. As always, I will pull for the Huskers - but will be gracious in defeat. That's the true Husker way.

I will probably make some Husker fans mad (because they like to talk smack) - but it still should be said.: I think Iowa's staff and players are to be congratulated for a great season thus far. They have played really well as a team this year, and have never beat themselves . They have played solid, fundamental football in all 3 phases of the game, and have no glaring weaknesses. Neb. on the other hand has played great during some bursts of the game, and looked absolutely pathetic at times as well (see Purdue). Like the Mich. St. game, we have a chance if we play a great game. If not, Iowa will be 12-0. As always, I will pull for the Huskers - but will be gracious in defeat. That's the true Husker way.
Couldn't have said it better. You didn't upset this husker fan.

AWESOME post 777! The Huskers are so close to being a 9-10 win team at this point. I cannot believe the endings you guys have had this year. The only head scratcher for me would be the Purdue game (which I did not see).....but you can throw that game out as far as I am concerned. And like you....I too will be gracious if we win or lose. I have always had a healthy respect for the Huskers. The only people I cannot stand are those freaking Illini fans!! LOL!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Iowa's placekicker Koehn has PAT yips. Kickoffs are fine, 40+ FGs are fine... His short game is woof. Could come back to haunt Hawkeyes if it's a shootout (or a brawl).

Iowa's D has been exposed - no real edge rush, secondary is questionable. King has had a great year (8 INTs) but got burned against Purdue. Keeps gambling to get that record-setting 9th INT - out of position. Vulnerable to double-moves at this point. Mabin the other corner - not really a playmaker.

On offense, Iowa has made a living on 3rd down. That's CJB - he's got a Romo-esque quality to him, keeps plays alive with his feet, has a nice fastball on the run. Not great touch on the long ball but hits those intermediate routes and generally has great ball placement in tight windows. Running game has been solid but is LeShun Daniels dinged up? Didn't play 2nd half vs Purdue. Frankly, Iowa's RB#3 Wadley might be the best of the bunch - has a little Jamaal Charles wiggle and burst.

Iowa is used to getting out of the gate fast, and has shown the ability to churn 90+ yard, clock burning drives with consistency. That's really been the key to our success - keep the chains moving, control Time of Possession, and convert on 3rd down and in the red zone. Every now and then, we hit a big play but it's mostly St. Louis Cardinals singles and doubles.

Should be a good game!

Some unbiased computer comparisons:

http://myteamsbetter.com/#COMPARE_T...tatView=Key Stats&compareOption=ALL_OPPONENTS

I don't put much stock in these type of rankings, but the stats are what they are and its an entertaining site. Thanks to a husker poster for turning me on to it.

Reactions: Eternal Return
Iowa did win in Lincoln last time they played there. Pretty easy win to

Tommy Armstrong was missing in 2013, but last year, he brought Nebraska back from a 24-7 deficit.

I see this a close game. Iowa 35, Nebraska 29, with Iowa holding off the comeback this go around.

All three phases will be very interesting in this game. Iowa is a better road team, than home team ... maybe!

peace

AWESOME post 777! The Huskers are so close to being a 9-10 win team at this point. I cannot believe the endings you guys have had this year. The only head scratcher for me would be the Purdue game (which I did not see).....but you can throw that game out as far as I am concerned. And like you....I too will be gracious if we win or lose. I have always had a healthy respect for the Huskers. The only people I cannot stand are those freaking Illini fans!! LOL!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Thanks for the kind words and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well.

If Nebraska is healthy at WR we will go 3 wide often and put A LOT of pressure on your back seven and the running game will take off. If Tommy shows up we will score 30 plus.

If the weather is bad I think Nebraska has the advantage because our interior DL are superior.

Beathard will need to scramble and make plays, because if he can't, I see Nebraska having its best defensive performance as we match up well against your run game.

Im calling a close Nebraska win if Tommy has 1 or less turnovers. 2 or more and Iowa has the upper hand

I disagree. I think Nebraska needs to get the ball to their WR's to win. Iowa will not have to change their offensive game plan at all if the weather is bad.

IoWa will come with both barrels loaded, load up against the run and we will bury you with the pass.

Nebraska is out of their league in this one, sorry.

The reason i feel this way is based simply on my faith in our front 7. Iowas front 7 has struggled recently. If Langsdorf swallows his pride and allows jano, cross and zigbo to do their thing i think we win.

The same QB who was able to win you other games. Don't make excuses for the loss. If you remember our starting QB left injured during the second half of the game.

Now your over here dipshit, you have some real issues. This game is very simple....let me explain it to you slowly because from your unintelligent posts on the Iowa board I know things are hard for you. If tommy Armstrong plays well, Nebraska wins the game if tommy plays bad we lose, it's that simple. Tommy either makes or breaks Nebraska.

I know you have some deep hatred toward all Nebraska, I guess because at least we have some national championship trophies and you are obsessed with trying to one up Nebraska for some reason. Again it will be some time before your our rival, like or not we have controlled this series. I love Iowa fans that always try to bend whatever history they can into their advantage. They always have the typical, it's not the 90's, now your in a real conference, the usual talking points.

Reactions: Rmarciano
Some unbiased computer comparisons:

http://myteamsbetter.com/#COMPARE_TEAMS?teamPK1=312&teamPK2=463&year1=2015&year2=2015&statView=Key Stats&compareOption=ALL_OPPONENTS

I don't put much stock in these type of rankings, but the stats are what they are and its an entertaining site. Thanks to a husker poster for turning me on to it.

That sounds about right. Realistically I would give Iowa more than a 60% chance of winning. I would say more like 67% or so.

We'll have to play well to win. Although we had more turnovers than Sparty and still beat them.

IoWa will come with both barrels loaded, load up against the run and we will bury you with the pass.

Bla bla bla.. Dry up! Given that the game opened at 2 1/2, Vegas disagrees with you.

On paper, we have much more talent, as we have 22 4-star players on our roster, and numerous 5.7 3-stars...vs 8 4-stars on your roster. That being said, we are in our first year in new offensive and defensive systems, and haven't been able to play starters together for much of the season due to injuries. That creates consistency problems.

If we are fairly healthy and play a relatively clean game, we most certainly can beat Iowa.

What's funny is after Drew Ott went down, there is no way in Hell Iowa has a superior front 7 to Nebraska. That's even more obvious now that the Huskers are healthy. However, Iowa has 4 defensive backs and ab occasional Nickel who would all start for Nebraska. Meier is significantly better than any DE on the Husker roster. Heese, Ott's replacement, sucks. Nebraska has 4 defensive tackles better than any DT at Iowa. The Huskers are finally healthy and if they maintain this defensive roster personnel all season they're probably an 8 win team right now. That makes them substantially more dangerous than your average 5-6 squad at seasons end.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Font think I've ever heard from an Illinois fan......

What's funny is after Drew Ott went down, there is no way in Hell Iowa has a superior front 7 to Nebraska. That's even more obvious now that the Huskers are healthy. However, Iowa has 4 defensive backs and ab occasional Nickel who would all start for Nebraska. Meier is significantly better than any DE on the Husker roster. Heese, Ott's replacement, sucks. Nebraska has 4 defensive tackles better than any DT at Iowa. The Huskers are finally healthy and if they maintain this defensive roster personnel all season they're probably an 8 win team right now. That makes them substantially more dangerous than your average 5-6 squad at seasons end.
You know a lot about Iowa it seems. I've missed their past few games, how do they look? How is the D-line doing without Ott? Is there QB back to full health?

Are you 12? Or just have zero knowledge of football? Maybe your parents are brother and sister. That would explain the ignorance.

Their MLB is a good one too, forgot his name, but he's a gamer. I was looking up some stats, and I noticed their kicker has had a sometimes good, sometimes rough season. He's missed 5 PAT's, which is bizarre. The have all of their RB' s back at full health, and their O-line also seems healthy also.
The QB from what I've seen is at least at 90% from the replays I just watched. He's looking pretty solid at this point, and had a similar skill set to Tommy without the mental misques from what I saw in earlier games. Their TE's have factored in quite a bit lately too. Not seeing any real glaring weaknesses, though the Hawks often talk about pass blocking on the O-line. This is looking to be a very good game.

I would say that Iowa's RB's and TE's will be the most difficult parts to handle. I don't think Nebraska's linebackers will be up for the challenge. TA has to have a great game to win this close one.

I would say that Iowa's RB's and TE's will be the most difficult parts to handle. I don't think Nebraska's linebackers will be up for the challenge. TA has to have a great game to win this close one.

Yep. Our LB's need to be on their game. I hope we are able to collapse the pocket and keep CJB from running. Good old fashioned cold weather game coming on Friday. Going to be a slugfest I feel like.

ADVERTISEMENT