ADVERTISEMENT

Heisman Trophy

keilwitzg

Blackshirt
Jan 9, 2006
BFE
Do we realize that 3 out of the 4 contestants have some relationship to Ohio State University?..
Hopefully we will be there soon...

If Suh didn’t win it in 2009, Young should have no shot at it. Suh was a generational type of player. Young is very good but nowhere near what Suh was. I think that Burrow wins it pretty handily, but Fields also put up some amazing numbers along with Hurts. If I had to vote for these four my vote would be:
1. Burrow
2. Fields
3. Hurts
4. Young

If Suh didn’t win it in 2009, Young should have no shot at it. Suh was a generational type of player. Young is very good but nowhere near what Suh was. I think that Burrow wins it pretty handily, but Fields also put up some amazing numbers along with Hurts. If I had to vote for these four my vote would be:
1. Burrow
2. Fields
3. Hurts
4. Young
I like your picks;
But the fact is 3 out of 4 of these cats are from OSU?...

How in the hell did nearly 5% of the voters not even have Burrow on their ballot?

How in the hell did nearly 5% of the voters not even have Burrow on their ballot?
Regional bias. There's some dumbasses that have ballots. I am very happy for Burrow. Very deserving guy. It's clear that it eats on him that he didn't get to come to his dream school. He would have IF I had made the decision but I understand Frost's logic when he didn't go after him.

I missed Joe Burrow’s acceptance speech after winning the Heisman. Was it something like this?

“...I’d like to thank my Mom and Dad, Coach Orgeron, my teammates at LSU, and Nebraska...”?

Regional bias. There's some dumbasses that have ballots. I am very happy for Burrow. Very deserving guy. It's clear that it eats on him that he didn't get to come to his dream school. He would have IF I had made the decision but I understand Frost's logic when he didn't go after him.
Bo and Beck are even bigger dumbasses for blowing him off and offering a JV QB that never played QB. You had a legacy QB who was basically begging to go here and you give him the cold shoulder. Of course nobody knew how good he would be, but it’s not like he was chopped liver in HS.

Bo and Beck are even bigger dumbasses for blowing him off and offering a JV QB that never played QB. You had a legacy QB who was basically begging to go here and you give him the cold shoulder. Of course nobody knew how good he would be, but it’s not like he was chopped liver in HS.
Was it Bo and Beck or was it just Bo? I don't think the Pelinis and Joe's dad are buds. Carl pulled some crap at Ohio too when he was coaching for Burrow. The Burrows are a class act. The Pelinis not so much. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Was it Bo and Beck or was it just Bo? I don't think the Pelinis and Joe's dad are buds. Carl pulled some crap at Ohio too when he was coaching for Burrow. The Burrows are a class act. The Pelinis not so much. Hindsight is always 20/20.
I’ve been told that Beck basically blew him off on a visit/camp here, but Bo didn’t have much contact with him either.

I’ve been told that Beck basically blew him off on a visit/camp here, but Bo didn’t have much contact with him either.
Both Beck and Bo are responsible with Beck having the final decision. Bo was never known for spending much time around those high school camps.

Reactions: kaz36
Just when I thought my man-crush for Burrow couldn’t grow any more, he goes and drops one of the most modest victory speeches ever.

Three of the four are also transfers.
Doesn’t discount that OSU had them in their mitts, and that they evaluated enough to recruit them. We need to recruit at a level similar to them. It will only make sense if they win another title this year.

Doesn’t discount that OSU had them in their mitts, and that they evaluated enough to recruit them. We need to recruit at a level similar to them. It will only make sense if they win another title this year.
Nope just interesting. CFB has changed a lot. Here’s another factoid I found interesting three of the four coaches in the playoffs were initially interim coaches at their schools.

Reactions: keilwitzg
To be a little bit fair, Bo and Beck were trying to find a QB who could punish defenses with his feet. They wanted a guy like Lamar Jackson or Taylor Martinez who could take it 75 yards with a run. Frost most definitely was looking for that kind of guy too. I don't think Burrow looked like that guy coming out of high school or when he transferred. IMO, a very smart QB with above average athleticism is more desirable than a QB with average football IQ and great athleticism.

Do we realize that 3 out of the 4 contestants have some relationship to Ohio State University?..
Hopefully we will be there soon...

NEVER will Nebraska be able to compete at the same level as Ohio State; only a small handful of schools (Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma) can hope to.

Nebraska will never get OSUs talent and frankly, the coaching is miles apart too.

Reactions: American Horse
Ok you said
NEVER will Nebraska be able to compete at the same level as Ohio State; only a small handful of schools (Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma) can hope to.

Nebraska will never get OSUs talent and frankly, the coaching is miles apart too.
ok you gave your point now go back to the Iowa board

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT