ADVERTISEMENT

Heisman Trophy prediction

Dec 21, 2020
The fact that voting happened before bowl season helps Trask and Lawrence, but I think it will go to one of the Bama players. I like DeVonta Smith. And poor Fields, if not for inept Commish Warren, he may very well be going home with the award.

*Side note, I wish they'd postpone the Heisman voting deadline until after the semifinals are played. Or maybe have 2 rounds of voting, and let everyone re-vote on the finalists after the semi's? I like the idea of postseason play being factored in.

L.P....Tommy....Suh....all time woulda coulda shoulda won a Heisman screw jobs....L.P. I get obviously, but not the other two.

True no clear winner kind of year...Lawrence would have won if his team didn't shit the bed against OSU. But now I have no idea.

Smith will win it. It won't even be close.
I think it'll be close just because a lot of people think a quarterback has to win it. I hope Smith ends up pulling it out. With the shortened year and everything, it's a great time for a receiver to finally win it again.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I predict the Heisman Trophy event will be the most meaningless and irrelevant ceremony of all time - until next year, and then the year after that, and the year after that, etc.

Mentions of Suh, Tommy and LP... any other Huskers that were close in voting or close to consideration that didn't get invited and/or win it? I remember Fear Ameer had a solid campaign for a while. He was as dangerous as anyone in the country for some time.

Mentions of Suh, Tommy and LP... any other Huskers that were close in voting or close to consideration that didn't get invited and/or win it? I remember Fear Ameer had a solid campaign for a while. He was as dangerous as anyone in the country for some time.
Rimington, Gill, Steinkuhler, Taylor.

If he didn't get hurt, I think he might have got to 2000 that year. Would have been close, but he was on fire until his injury.

ADVERTISEMENT