ADVERTISEMENT

Heinrich

sloth316

Senior
Jun 24, 2002
I’ll preface this post by saying it’s probably just the Kearney homer in me, but I’m really excited to see how Mr. Haarberg’s career plays out at Nebraska...love his size, love his arm, love his athletic ability...hoping he adds some good weight and everything slows down for him. To me, he seems like one of those under the radar guys that typically goes to Wyoming or ND State and later goes on to be a 1st rounder...think Coach Frost got a good one

I’ll preface this post by saying it’s probably just the Kearney homer in me, but I’m really excited to see how Mr. Haarberg’s career plays out at Nebraska...love his size, love his arm, love his athletic ability...hoping he adds some good weight and everything slows down for him. To me, he seems like one of those under the radar guys that typically goes to Wyoming or ND State and later goes on to be a 1st rounder...think Coach Frost got a good one
His biggest problem is not having coaches around him that can really teach him how to play the position.

To me, he seems like one of those under the radar guys that typically goes to Wyoming or ND State and later goes on to be a 1st rounder...think Coach Frost got a good one
I don’t have the days upon days of time it would take compile the extensive list of under the radar QB recruits that Wyoming and NDst have had drafted in the first round. Does someone else have the list? Has to be dozens upon dozens

• Haha
Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
I don’t have the days upon days of time it would take compile the extensive list of under the radar QB recruits that Wyoming and NDst have had drafted in the first round. Does someone else have the list? Has to be dozens upon dozens
More than likely you have neither a solid thought process nor intelligence enough to do such an exhaustive search.

Hopefully we will find out when Martinez finishes his 6th year as a starter in a couple of years.

Well, we know what AM is. We've been told that Smothers can't throw. So why not ?
What is he? The freshman QB with an experienced OL, senior running back and two reliable receivers that was a possible Heisman candidate or an oft injured QB behind an inexperienced line with at most one receiver and had to be the teams leading rusher because of no running backs to hand the ball to while breaking in an OL that killed drives with penalties and center who often misfired snaps in the shotgun?
I know case two has happened two years in a row, but there is no reason he can't return to year one because the OL looks stronger and deeper. He is no longer throwing the ball to slow small inexperienced receivers.

What is he? The freshman QB with an experienced OL, senior running back and two reliable receivers that was a possible Heisman candidate or an oft injured QB behind an inexperienced line with at most one receiver and had to be the teams leading rusher because of no running backs to hand the ball to while breaking in an OL that killed drives with penalties and center who often misfired snaps in the shotgun?
I know case two has happened two years in a row, but there is no reason he can't return to year one because the OL looks stronger and deeper. He is no longer throwing the ball to slow small inexperienced receivers.
He's out of excuses. That's what.

So you can't explain how he might have improved? Just random luck?

The crappy QB coach has coached 4 NFL QBs. He has had more than 10 QBs end up all conference. Coached a QB to player of tbe year at an FCS school.

Doesn't seem like it was just Milton being an anomaly.
Mariota got him the UCF job. For our QBs to get worse 2 years in a row after their first year isn't the sign of good coaching. Hope I'm wrong.

Even Vedral was looking better than AM before he got injured at Rutgers last year.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Mariota got him the UCF job. For our QBs to get worse 2 years in a row after their first year isn't the sign of good coaching. Hope I'm wrong.

Even Vedral was looking better than AM before he got injured at Rutgers last year.
You literally just say random stuff. Can you show in any way that Vedral was playing better than Martinez when he got hurt?

Both Frost and Mario have been successful in multiple roles. It was more than just a few years at Oregon that led to him getting the job at UCF.

u
Both Frost and Mario have been successful in multiple roles. It was more than just a few years at Oregon that led to him getting the job at UCF.

Yes. The success in assistant roles and as a mid major head coach earns you the opportunity to either succeed or fail at the power 5 level.

unfortunately the current evidence is one of overwhelming failure when given the chance to swim in the deep end that is power 5 football

Last edited:

So, Frost was lucky at both places? Lucky to have Mariota and Milton at back to back places?

Interesting... usually if you have multiple players excel, that’s chalked up to coaching...

Obviously, here at Nebraska He has yet to match success that he had at his previous 2 stops, but I’m hopeful it’ll happen, sooner rather than later.

Yes. The success in assistant roles and as a mid major head coach earns you the opportunity to either succeed or fail at the power 5 level.

unfortunately the current evidence is one of overwhelming failure when given the chance to swim in the deep end that is power 5 football
such a basic post - I can't fathom:

A.) what prompted an edit
B.) what it looked like initially

such a basic post - I can't fathom:

A.) what prompted an edit
B.) what it looked like initially

I will often add or delete something insignificant - maybe a period or a comma - just to see how long it takes you to blunder in with a “YOU EDITED YOUR POST!!!” reply

you-edited-your.jpg

My guess here he doesn't see the field this year or next. I highly expect N to go out and recruit some big talent at the QB position and they know this is High priority

I will often add or delete something insignificant - maybe a period or a comma - just to see how long it takes you to blunder in with a “YOU EDITED YOUR POST!!!” reply

you-edited-your.jpg
Me thinks premature postjaculation has struck again

You’re so giddy to splooge your drivel, you just can’t quite get it right the first time

What a loser

Reactions: SomedayHusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT