ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing Jacobson will transfer

no way can Miles fill 4 scholarships, with quality players, this late in the game.

I've been hearing that for over a week. A lot of people like bashing that guy's game, but we can not afford to lose him. If he announces he wants to leave then it is time to show Timmy the door.

Reactions: TheNewNU
And rumors Watson may be next. If that happens, my head is spinning thinking that Tim Miles may have five open scholarships to utilize this summer.
I heard on a message board from a nameless poster that the whole team was leaving and that we'll have to have on campus tryouts for walkons just to put a team on the floor.

Reactions: huskerfan66
nyco_rats.jpg

Jacobson leaving would be a head-scratcher for me. He's been less and less inclined to clank jumpers recently, and as a result he managed to carve out a fairly productive role that gets him a lot of playing time. I don't see that happening for him at many other Power 5 programs. For that reason I would expect him to stay, but I guess we'll know soon enough.

Awesome! We will get to use the "young" excuse again and "Miles can't shoot the ball for them" excuse.
I thought that the way some of you guys bitched about Jacobsen this year that the prospect of him leaving would make some of you very happy. You should be doing cartwheels right now. It's really great to have people starting negative rumors when we're entering a critical recruiting stretch for our basketball team.

I thought that the way some of you guys bitched about Jacobsen this year that the prospect of him leaving would make some of you very happy. You should be doing cartwheels right now. It's really great to have people starting negative rumors when we're entering a critical recruiting stretch for our basketball team.
So that rumor you repeated over and over and over again about how Eichorst tried to find a new BB coach but nobody would take the job - that was good for recruiting?

Last I heard he is 50/50. He doesn't like the fact that he is going to have to play the 5 this upcoming season and that Miles has told him that he is looking to find a juco/grad transfer big man to fill that spot.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Jordy would be the only big left if Jacobson left, yikes. I can't believe Watson would leave, he's the staring PG putting up good numbers, I hard to think he would rather sit out a year.

So that rumor you repeated over and over and over again about how Eichorst tried to find a new BB coach but nobody would take the job - that was good for recruiting?
That story was reported by Barfnecht. Repeating that Barfnecht was told that SE reached out to representatives for several coaches is hardly starting a rumor. Barfnecht has very good sources within the basketball community and I don't doubt the truth of his report. That was at least a month ago and Miles is still our coach.

Reactions: dockentwo

I think 2 of 3 transfers leaving who had big impacts in the team winning the few games it did win will probably make a negative impact on recruiting. Jacobsen would just be another nail in the coffin.

Critical? They are not even in on anyone for the April 12th signing.

That story was reported by Barfnecht. Repeating that Barfnecht was told that SE reached out to representatives for several coaches is hardly starting a rumor. Barfnecht has very good sources within the basketball community and I don't doubt the truth of his report. That was at least a month ago and Miles is still our coach.
I didn't say you started that rumor, I said you repeated it over and over again once you deemed it to be a compelling argument for Miles keeping his job. So do you think a rumor like that isn't harmful to recruiting, or do you just have a case of selective indignation?

I didn't say you started that rumor, I said you repeated it over and over again once you deemed it to be a compelling argument for Miles keeping his job. So do you think a rumor like that isn't harmful to recruiting, or do you just have a case of selective indignation?
I restated it I think twice in response to people demanding Miles be fired and that we throw the checkbook at proven coaches..Winking Repeating a report from a legitimate news sources is hardly re-stating a rumor. On the other hand, starting a thread that Jacobsen is going to transfer based on something somebody heard at Starbucks.....well...

Didn't hear it at Starbucks.

I don't post things on here like this unless I am sure it will happen. 99.9% of what I post is opinion.

To the best of my recollection, the only other thread I have started that started with the words "I've heard" is when I posted that Gerry flunked out and was ineligible for the bowl game. Kaz removed that post for a couple of hours, then put it back up because it was confirmed.

I get you don't like my opinion on Miles, but I won't post things like this unless I am pretty sure it's true.

Last I heard he is 50/50. He doesn't like the fact that he is going to have to play the 5 this upcoming season and that Miles has told him that he is looking to find a juco/grad transfer big man to fill that spot.

I won't hold my breath. Maybe Miles will find one somewhere in New Mexico? Winking

Reactions: HuskerDana
Good grief I never thought Nebraska BB would turn into a total dumpster fire.

Take with grain of salt, but on 1620 this morning Benning made a cryptic comment regarding something coming out regarding Nebrasketball by Monday that would lead Eichorst to rethink his "vote of confidence." Not sure if anyone else heard, it was between 7:30 and 8:00.

Take with grain of salt, but on 1620 this morning Benning made a cryptic comment regarding something coming out regarding Nebrasketball by Monday that would lead Eichorst to rethink his "vote of confidence." Not sure if anyone else heard, it was between 7:30 and 8:00.

Damnit Damon! Doesn't he realize that Tim Miles is in the middle of recruiting the next set of transfers out of Lincoln?

Lunchtime. Hoping my trip to the Market Place Cafe on 24th and Vinton is as fruitful as my Starbucks visit.

If not, there is always the Leavenworth Cafe this weekend.

If our last 5 games this season didn't make Eichorst rethink his confidence in Miles, I'm not sure what else would.

Regardless, if Eichorst has any doubts about keeping Miles, he better act quick:

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Man, I was so excited when miles got here and it looked like he had the formula for winning basketball that would work at NU. WTH happened? It certainly doesn't look good at the moment...

Good grief I never thought Nebraska BB would turn into a total dumpster fire.
You must be young. Lucky you. Sadly, I'm old and I can say that during most of my over 50 years of watching it, the program has been at least a dumpster smoldering. When Joe Cipriano and Moe Iba are regarded as two of the better NU coaches of the past 50 years, you know your program is a historical mess.

If our last 5 games this season didn't make Eichorst rethink his confidence in Miles, I'm not sure what else would.

Regardless, if Eichorst has any doubts about keeping Miles, he better act quick:

That's a pretty good coach/program visiting a guy who is no big loss to Tim Miles and his quest to get over .500 next year. Or maybe Mack's just there for Lazlo's Burger?

You must be young. Lucky you. Sadly, I'm old and I can say that during most of my over 50 years of watching it, the program has been at least a dumpster smoldering. When Joe Cipriano and Moe Iba are regarded as two of the better NU coaches of the past 50 years, you know your program is a historical mess.
I wish my wife and kids thought so. I've accepted the fact that Nebraska BB was middle of the road and could be middle of the road and pull off the occasional upset now and then with the shot of post season now and then.....In my 52 years. But never thought I would see this kind of drama and players transferring out when early in the season, even though getting beat by very good teams, this group showed promise and talent.

The 3 game win streak to begin conference play did not surprise me. Then came Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story"...... Unfortunately.

Reactions: nagemj02
That's a pretty good coach/program visiting a guy who is no big loss to Tim Miles and his quest to get over .500 next year. Or maybe Mack's just there for Lazlo's Burger?
Ed would be a pretty good role player for them just like he was for us. They've got scorers they wouldn't need Ed to score anything than put backs from rebounds.

There has to be another explanation. It has to be just some wild coincidence. I mean why would an Elite 8 coach be interested in a guy with middle school ball handling and shooting skills?

Ed would be a pretty good role player for them just like he was for us. They've got scorers they wouldn't need Ed to score anything than put backs from rebounds.

So he'd be valuable to a team with scorers because he could get rebounds and put backs, but he's not valuable to a team that shoots like $#%! where he'd have the opportunity at more offensive rebounds?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT