ADVERTISEMENT

Heard a rumor as well ...

I will reserve judgement on Joseph until after the Indiana game. He had 6 days, to get ready for a top25 team the week after losing to Georgia Southern. Now that it appears he has made all of the staff changes he wants to make, has had a couple of weeks to get the players refocused. We can see what happens this week.

Also the OU game was an emotional type atmosphere. I am not usually a big what if type guy, but ......
if Nebraska had scored on that second touchdown earlier, or stopped OU on one of their early TD drives, the emotion would have been sustained. But when the original adrenalin wore off, and they went down 21-7, the crash was hard.

I will reserve judgement on Joseph until after the Indiana game. He had 6 days, to get ready for a top25 team the week after losing to Georgia Southern. Now that it appears he has made all of the staff changes he wants to make, has had a couple of weeks to get the players refocused. We can see what happens this week.

Also the OU game was an emotional type atmosphere. I am not usually a big what if type guy, but ......
if Nebraska had scored on that second touchdown earlier, or stopped OU on one of their early TD drives, the emotion would have been sustained. But when the original adrenalin wore off, and they went down 21-7, the crash was hard.
Inspired play early, then the (lack of) fundamentals took over, esp on D.

Or the players were doing what they were told to do and the scheme put them in the disadvantageous spot.

Regardless, when you let teams that are inferior stick around, confidence grows and the other team starts to press. When you have superior talent and you put the foot on the throat, the inferior team folds. We were one drive in the first half away from putting OU in a position to press a little. We didn't, so what happened, happened.

Well for sure not all of my posts are, were or will be awesome. No argument there.

My point in posting this was that I earlier said I was mystified as to what went wrong with Frost. The rumors I heard later (which others have repeated) now would explain a lot if true. So it's no longer a mystery to me, that's the only point other than I'm now just surprised he wasn't fired earlier.
I was really surprised he wasn’t fired last year. It was very clear that would waste another season and delay the start of recovery.

I heard many of these rumors a year ago, although with more details today. Some people ignored it as if it was trolling. Some actively fought against any negativity. If it got too much attention, thread was locked/deleted due to board rules. Many wanted to believe in Frost and were able to keep their bubbles intact.

Those that are realists recognized that Frost was deeply flawed as HC, and the rumors were interesting because they attempted to explain the unexplainable. Now people are pulling their head out of the sand, and blaming the media for their lack of awareness. But they are ones that demand that all stories and threads are somewhat supportive.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
about the alleged personal behavior of Frost. I won't repeat the details because I don't personally know if they're true for sure but the source is a former security staffer who worked at the University and now has a different job. The rumors are similar to what's been said before and they would help explain why Frost failed. I just can't imagine why Frost wasn't fired earlier. Some would say Frost was given every chance by the AD to turn things around and claim that's a good thing. Personally I'd say it was negligence because no person is above the health of the program.
What I find interesting is that it seems like there were very few leaks about Frost's unsuitablity for the job until after he lost it. Yeah he was the favorite son, but his record was terrible and people would listen if there were allegations of unsuitablity. Normally there are going to be people who are disgusted by things they see and are going to leak stories. I realize that there will be a circle loyal to him, but outside that I would think people will talk about what is going on. Honestly, it seems like the whole fabric of the athletic department and boosters must be rotten if there weren't people willing to call out Frost before after-the-fact safety. If I was contributing large sums of money and he was not capable of doing the job, I'm calling him out one way or another. Alternatively it's a lot of jilted fan reaction blowing up every rumor, looking for a reason to be angry. My guess is somewhere in between.

What I find interesting is that it seems like there were very few leaks about Frost's unsuitablity for the job until after he lost it. Yeah he was the favorite son, but his record was terrible and people would listen if there were allegations of unsuitablity. Normally there are going to be people who are disgusted by things they see and are going to leak stories. I realize that there will be a circle loyal to him, but outside that I would think people will talk about what is going on. Honestly, it seems like the whole fabric of the athletic department and boosters must be rotten if there weren't people willing to call out Frost before after-the-fact safety. If I was contributing large sums of money and he was not capable of doing the job, I'm calling him out one way or another. Alternatively it's a lot of jilted fan reaction blowing up every rumor, looking for a reason to be angry. My guess is somewhere in between.

I think Frost's behavior was called out and very well known by a lot of people prior to this season. In fact you would have had to be living under a rock not to have heard it.

I think Frost's behavior was called out and very well known by a lot of people prior to this season. In fact you would have had to be living under a rock not to have heard it.
I'm 1000 miles away and only somewhat follow what's going on. So you are telling me that the boosters didn't care? If so the problem goes much deeper than Frost.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
IMO Chin failed those guys with his defensive calls. I don’t put it all on fundamentals. Calls were coming in late and guys were scrambling to line up often as the ball was being snapped. Terrible coaching in his part IMO

If the rumors are true, the players probably knew. What seems strange to me is that if they knew he was a POS, you think they would have rallied behind Mickey after Frost was fired and played better. But instead, they played like sh*t against Oklahoma.
They played like shit because they been coached like shit

Reactions: BleedRed78
You can call BS if you want to, but I know the guy who Don called right after Frost cancelled the meeting. Dom was super pissed and told him the whole story. This is that story verbatim
Dude, thanks for "sharing" this amazing "info"

Some of you are all nutjobs!

Dude, "Maybe he will give back some of the money?"
"The language in the contract might mean he won't get it all?"

And just how big of a drunk are some of you making him out to be? Good lord...you act like the gatorade jugs were filled up with Fireball.
Based on how bad we are I am gonna assume he was pounding the stuff for the last 5 years.

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
This one has some legs I’m afraid.
That's exactly what I have heard too. Dylan really liked NU and we shockingly actually had a shot at him prior to Scott's behavior in AZ. He's pretty solid with OSU but depending on who we get theres still a small chance to flip him.

Reactions: king_kong_
Whether Scott Frost was a sad character off the field is extremely important or just a negative aspect for the whole program. The on-field product is the most important. After his three games in 2022, now the program‘s fourth sad performance, one can see we are in a bad place. So many issues which is reflective on the talent of the team, the defense and offense, showing negative growth in year five. That is hard to do but yet here we are. It is best to skim over daily the comings and goings of this football program.

For mental health and emotional stability. It will be nice to get a new head football coach and i think it will be the best hire post Osborne. Will this critical hire finally trend us upward and more? Time will tell but the conference will be tougher but better coaching, evaluation and development with the new NIL has to be difference-makers forward for Nebraska.

If not, mediocrity is our new mantra and the fall sports season will become more women’s volleyball focus for me and many others. Football will always get attention but the anticipation, excitement, big winning and value in volleyball outweighs the many costs of football to oneself. IMO and hoping for a big turnaround. Again.

I had just seen a post on one of the Husker fan pages that said know he’ll coach another team and win. Then in the comments it was filled with “Nebraska” fans saying “I hope he gets a job at another Big Ten school and kicks our a**es”.

Wtf…
The frosturbators never cared about the program. Some of them are doing everything possible to prove that

That's exactly what I have heard too. Dylan really liked NU and we shockingly actually had a shot at him prior to Scott's behavior in AZ. He's pretty solid with OSU but depending on who we get theres still a small chance to flip him.
Dude would be crazy to go to Nebraska vs osu. The oline and wide receivers they always have will allow for him to look like a first rounder at osu and at Nebraska he risks not looking like an nfl qb

I have never understood why people would be "rooting" for someone once they leave. Once they are gone, who cares what they do.
Agree. That’s lame. Like pining for a loser that got fired at both jobs since being fired here. Just strange behavior from desperate losers trying to cling onto the past

If the rumors are true, the players probably knew. What seems strange to me is that if they knew he was a POS, you think they would have rallied behind Mickey after Frost was fired and played better. But instead, they played like sh*t against Oklahoma.
The majority of the players are just not very good and that explains they the huge loss. Now you can blame it on the coaches, poor analysis of recruits or the fact that they maxed out their talent back in HS and got no better in college. Texas gets require few like that.

Here's some rumors of how Frost was too drunk to visit Raiola then OSU stepped in.
If that is true it's so sad. Alcohol ends many careers. Perhaps the stress of being a coach got to him but still one has a job to do. Hope he gets some treatment and help if true. Wouldn't be the first coach to fall to alcoholism.

If that is true it's so sad. Alcohol ends many careers. Perhaps the stress of being a coach got to him but still one has a job to do. Hope he gets some treatment and help if true. Wouldn't be the first coach to fall to alcoholism.
Steve Sarkisian is a recovered alcoholic. People can bounce back from it. I dont know Scott's situation and try not to judge but if that is the case I hope for his and all people struggling with addiction they can recover and find peace.

Reactions: Huskerpro
There were plenty of stories floating around but nobody had been caught on a hot mic talking about them until Frost was fired. Then Severe add fuel to the fire. Nobody wanted to be the guy that was quoted with the story as long as Frost was employed at NU. Now it's fair game. Stai had to be mortified at the hot mic incident.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
There were plenty of stories floating around but nobody had been caught on a hot mic talking about them until Frost was fired. Then Severe add fuel to the fire. Nobody wanted to be the guy that was quoted with the story as long as Frost was employed at NU. Now it's fair game. Stai had to be mortified at the hot mic incident.
Man, I am not a big conspiracy guy...but I have a hard time thinking they did not know the mic was on.

If he has a booze problem, he now has time and a lot of coin. Get it taken care of.

Reactions: BleedRed78
On a related topic... IF the Raiola rumor is true and Frost was too drunk to meet with his son and the assembled guests, resulting in losing his son as a recruit on the spot, then perhaps it can account for why we have seen no improvement in our offensive line play under Raiola. Because if he realized at that moment that Frost was a train wreck and a cluster **** of a drunkard, then from that point forward he may have not had the motivation himself to put 110% effort into his coaching. Just a speculation on my part.....

On a related topic... IF the Raiola rumor is true and Frost was too drunk to meet with his son and the assembled guests, resulting in losing his son as a recruit on the spot, then perhaps it can account for why we have seen no improvement in our offensive line play under Raiola. Because if he realized at that moment that Frost was a train wreck and a cluster **** of a drunkard, then from that point forward he may have not had the motivation himself to put 110% effort into his coaching. Just a speculation on my part.....
Can't say I'd want to potentially ruin my career as a bad coach because I didn't like my boss

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT