ADVERTISEMENT

((Heads Up)) Scott Frost on Sports Nightly...

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
coming up sometime this hour (8-9pm central time, 6-10). Go to Huskers.com to listen on-line.

he talked quite a bit about how they can afford to be selective in recruits they take this year.. but then I cruise by the list and see a lot of 5.6s and 5.7s. prob a lot of coach speak

he talked quite a bit about how they can afford to be selective in recruits they take this year.. but then I cruise by the list and see a lot of 5.6s and 5.7s. prob a lot of coach speak
I think they're very happy with the recruits they've gotten these past 2 cycles so I think that's where that comment would come from. I believe that they believe that they've recruited well enough to compete now in the B1G. They nailed some high need areas with this last class and their most talented players IMO, are very young. Given the current situation without camps, who knows where some of these guys might be ranked now IF they would have had the opportunity to attend camps. I think maybe this year more than any other is going to end up being a "wait and see what they do in college" kind of recruiting year. I expect that there will be a lot of high schools who won't play football this fall and that makes it tough to evaluate kids. IMO, there's going to be a plethora of very talented kids who fall through the cracks and wind up at lower tier schools.

Reactions: WHCSC
Of course it is to a degree... what coach doesn’t use coach speak? I guess reason #467 for you to hate Frost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT