ADVERTISEMENT

((Heads Up)) Rudolph on CBS TV tonight!!

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
That's Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Yeah I know, this is a football board and I probably need to get a life but, this is my favorite seasonal special every year. Don't miss it. Starts @ 7pm central time.
DsoXr2uXcAAgyHV.jpg

Last edited:
Pay very close attention to the end.
Santa gives each misfit toy an open umbrella before he throws them out of the sleigh.
All except for the bird, the bird that can't fly. He tosses him without an umbrella.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Rudolph, the Grinch, and the great pumpkin are my favorite from childhood

Yukon drove that bumble right into oblivion, then brings him back on a collar and leash! Again I ask, who's tougher than Yukon Cornelius!

Reactions: huskerfan66
I always thought Clarice was hot. The reason we never know why Yukon Cornelius licks his pick is because they cut a scene. The cut scene is where Yukon throws his axe into the ground, licks it and proclaims he found peppermint. He has been looking for a peppermint mine for years. After the first year it was shown (1963 I think), everybody was upset the Misfit Toys were just left on the island. There was a letter writing campaign and tens of thousands of kids (and adults) wrote letters to GE, who sponsored the movie asking them to do something for the toys. The GE brass caved and they got a team together to make a new scene where Santa picks up the toys and drops them with the umbrellas. To keep the movie at the same length, they cut the peppermint scene. Also, if you think about it there is nothing misfit about Dolly, she is just a doll. The original script (that may not have survived) had a line that she had a problem where she couldn't relate to children (she was psycho). That was too dark for GE, so her problem was not mentioned, but they had already shot some of the island sequence, so they kept her. One of the screen writers mentioned it on a talk show in the 70s.

I always thought Clarice was hot. The reason we never know why Yukon Cornelius licks his pick is because they cut a scene. The cut scene is where Yukon throws his axe into the ground, licks it and proclaims he found peppermint. He has been looking for a peppermint mine for years. After the first year it was shown (1963 I think), everybody was upset the Misfit Toys were just left on the island. There was a letter writing campaign and tens of thousands of kids (and adults) wrote letters to GE, who sponsored the movie asking them to do something for the toys. The GE brass caved and they got a team together to make a new scene where Santa picks up the toys and drops them with the umbrellas. To keep the movie at the same length, they cut the peppermint scene. Also, if you think about it there is nothing misfit about Dolly, she is just a doll. The original script (that may not have survived) had a line that she had a problem where she couldn't relate to children (she was psycho). That was too dark for GE, so her problem was not mentioned, but they had already shot some of the island sequence, so they kept her. One of the screen writers mentioned it on a talk show in the 70s.

Nice. Wow.

That's heavy!

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
I just learned of this peppermint mine deleted scene this morning listening to a podcast. Here's where Yukon Cornelius finds peppermint...

Great stuff! Rudolph premiered in 1964.

I've got all those holiday cartoons on my file server and can watch them anytime I want. My wife will still watch them whenever they come on tv regardless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT