ADVERTISEMENT

((Heads Up)) Lavonte David on Jim Rome Show...

sometime this hour or next not sure but he scheduled to be on the radio show.
Lol, he used to be the best interview ever

Reporter: how do you find yourself in the right place at the right time so often

Lavonte: the coaches, they tell me to watch the ball and wherever the ball goes, just go there. And then when I get there, I tackle the guy who has the ball. The coaches want me to tackle the guy with the ball so I tackle the guy with the ball.

Lol, he used to be the best interview ever

Reporter: how do you find yourself in the right place at the right time so often

Lavonte: the coaches, they tell me to watch the ball and wherever the ball goes, just go there. And then when I get there, I tackle the guy who has the ball. The coaches want me to tackle the guy with the ball so I tackle the guy with the ball.

Mind blowing really.

Reactions: Crazyhole
He's maybe the best pro player we've produced in decades. Guy is a stud.
I still remember Bo refusing to give him props after the first few games, saying he isn't making the right reads. Then that criticism ceased, but David was still producing at the same high level.

I still remember Bo refusing to give him props after the first few games, saying he isn't making the right reads. Then that criticism ceased, but David was still producing at the same high level.
That play against OSU was a game changer,( also Braxton getting hurt), I cant remember a play where a guy just willed the ball away like that.

The Bucs also now have Shaq Barrett, who could have been David’s replacement at NU if Bo had returned his phone call. He’s not at David’s level, but still carving out a nice career as an NFL LB.
Bo Pelini. The gift that kept giving and giving long after he was gone...

Reactions: SOHusker11
Bo Pelini. The gift that kept giving and giving long after he was gone...
Eh, all Barrett did was become Mountain West Defensive Player of the Year and then make a nice living in the NFL. Bo's a busy man - didn't have time to watch his film or talk to him.

Ndamukong? Yeah going with Ndamukong.
Lavonte's pro accomplishments stand up just fine next to Suh's... he just has a far lower profile nationally because he plays for the Bucs and because Suh used to be such a lightning rod. At one point, Suh was the highest paid defensive lineman in the league and Lavonte was the highest paid linebacker. Prior to this year starting, Pro Football Focus named him the second best linebacker in the league.

Suh affected games more than any player we've seen in a long time. Farley was good, but he wasn't on the level of dominance of Suh.
It's close between the 2 of them but I just keep coming back to this one stat: in 1996, when Farley was on the field the opponent only scored 3 touchdowns. When he wasn't, opponents scored 16 touchdowns. Farley himself scored 16 points, opponents scored 21. That's just unreal.

It's close between the 2 of them but I just keep coming back to this one stat: in 1996, when Farley was on the field the opponent only scored 3 touchdowns. When he wasn't, opponents scored 16 touchdowns. Farley himself scored 16 points, opponents scored 21. That's just unreal.

That stat could be flawed though as teams may score more when the 1st team D is on the bench which would include him. It's splitting hairs as both were very good, but Farley isn't listed on any lists as the best overall at his position in the NCAA all time. He wasn't at the Heisman ceremony. He has no where near the awards Suh has. He wasn't drafted #2 and the list goes on. I'm only in my mid-30's, but Suh is the most dominant D-Lineman I've seen play outside of Warren Sapp. I can name a number of LB's that match or exceed the talent of TF.

That stat could be flawed though as teams may score more when the 1st team D is on the bench which would include him. It's splitting hairs as both were very good, but Farley isn't listed on any lists as the best overall at his position in the NCAA all time. He wasn't at the Heisman ceremony. He has no where near the awards Suh has. He wasn't drafted #2 and the list goes on. I'm only in my mid-30's, but Suh is the most dominant D-Lineman I've seen play outside of Warren Sapp. I can name a number of LB's that match or exceed the talent of TF.
Can't disagree with any of that other than naming other linebackers who matched his talent. The biggest reason why I would put Farley ahead of Suh is based on the eyeball test. Both were crazy disruptive but Farley just changed the game when he played. Suh took away some aspects of the opponents gameplan and physically manhandled whoever went against him, but there was no way to account for Farley.

In 1995 he only started 5 games. He led the team in tackles, was 1st in interceptions, 2nd in PBUs, 2nd in sacks, 3rd in TFLs, 1st in blocked kicks, 3rd in QB hurries. That's on a team that had several future long term pros, and he did it generally as a backup! There was a ton of talent around him and he still was near the top of categories that encompass all 3 levels of the defense plus special teams.

Can't disagree with any of that other than naming other linebackers who matched his talent. The biggest reason why I would put Farley ahead of Suh is based on the eyeball test. Both were crazy disruptive but Farley just changed the game when he played. Suh took away some aspects of the opponents gameplan and physically manhandled whoever went against him, but there was no way to account for Farley.

In 1995 he only started 5 games. He led the team in tackles, was 1st in interceptions, 2nd in PBUs, 2nd in sacks, 3rd in TFLs, 1st in blocked kicks, 3rd in QB hurries. That's on a team that had several future long term pros, and he did it generally as a backup! There was a ton of talent around him and he still was near the top of categories that encompass all 3 levels of the defense plus special teams.
If only he wouldn't have gotten that DUI before the first big 12 championship game....

Reactions: Wyldcard
they were both crazy good,
wouldn't mind a farley and lavonte at lb now, and a suh in the middle
it would be a slaughter.

Reactions: Crazyhole
ADVERTISEMENT