ADVERTISEMENT

Head Coaching Odds

I think he said this after Arkansas hired him to become the head coach, what do people expect him to say. Many first time head coaches say similar things that it's been their dream to be a head coach. Would he be interested in the Nebraska job? time will tell and he might not even get a call but I wish he would.
Pittman’s wife said that of all the coaching stops they had made over the years while Sam was an assistant, Fayetteville was her favorite place to live. I guess it’s possible they could leave, but they seem very happy where they are. Plus he has that program on the upswing, and he’s almost 61 years old. Seems unlikely that he would want to take on another rebuilding project at his age.

Arkansas and Oaklahoma are very similar culturally. Arkansas can match anything we could offer
That's very true but would they, nobody really knows. I brought this up because he is a coach I wouldn't mind seeing interviewed but who knows if he will. I'll say it again, what I don't want is the same old names thrown out every time the head coaching job becomes available. Pittman is my idea of an ideal candidate, it will not be shared by others and that's OK let's just hope we get some fresh blood into our program.

I don't like the idea of Campbell fell like he is an average coach. I would love Bill O'Brian he gets the team to buy in. His players would run through a wall and then rebuild it for him

Who ever Trev Alberts hire's it better be a no nonsense coach who doesn't need players to be friends. I think this was one of Frost's biggest problems, he wanted to be their friend when they needed him to be their head coach who demanded dedication and hard work. We have quite a few players who need to get their butts in gear, they owe it to the dedicated fans who cheer for them.

I dunno about Chadwell. I’ve watched several of their games and he made some awful decisions in all of them

Yes, that’s why I found it odd to be all for Doren and Chadwell and against Campbell and Kleiman, who are both pretty good coaches and safe bets, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT