ADVERTISEMENT

Head Coach Sleeper

The Alabama offense gave the defense a lead 4 separate times in the 2nd half and overtime (twice in the 4th quarter) and the defense gave up that lead each time

when Alabama needed a score the offense delivered
when Alabama needed a stop they gave up a score
But BOB will take the fall for it. Saban is untouchable.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The major difference between Bama and Ga defense, I think, is that Georgia has those lockdown corners who just take teams out of their game. Plus, they are dynamite tacklers.

Saturday Henson was forced to hold the ball longer than normal because there just wasn't anyone open.

Bama has really struggled with stopping the pass for a couple years now.
Yeah watching Tennessee vs Alabama and Tennessee vs Georgia and the secondary between the two is night and day. Saban is getting up there in age I wonder how long he sticks it out. He really has nothing left to prove at this point and the sec coaching pool is better than it has ever been.

Yeah watching Tennessee vs Alabama and Tennessee vs Georgia and the secondary between the two is night and day. Saban is getting up there in age I wonder how long he sticks it out. He really has nothing left to prove at this point and the sec coaching pool is better than it has ever been.
I think he is done after this year. He doesn't seem the type to do the farewell tour bit.

I think he is going to retire and Bama will be stuck in the spot the Skers were in...trying to replace a legend.

I think he is done after this year. He doesn't seem the type to do the farewell tour bit.

I think he is going to retire and Bama will be stuck in the spot the Skers were in...trying to replace a legend.
If he leaves, it will be interesting to see who they replace him with. There will be no shortage of willing candidates.

I think Bama's biggest issue this year is they don't have a Heisman type WR that can take any catch the distance at anytime. The kid from GT is close, but he is coming out of the backfield. Their WR corps the last 5 years has been insane.
Plus Bama has played flat out sloppy football in their two losses.

I don’t think Saban would mind losing BOB off his staff.

I know this would never happen, but maybe the real head coach we should be talking about is Bill Busch.

1. Dude seems organized as hell
2. Is recruiter and has been at places that has elite recruiting. Knows what it would take to get folks in here and would bring the people
3. Seems to excel at all positions. He's made our special teams respectable, makes our D look light years ahead of where they've been and also seems to know offense as well with the whole RPO article
4. Seems like a great face of a program
5. Loves the University and knows what it takes to win here.

I know this is a bit far fetched, but man he seems to check more boxes than Mickey. If Mickey were hired keeping Busch is a must. I'm starting to think with some players, he could be an elite D-Coordinator and we really should keep him as that. The turnaround in that group is nuts.
It's an interesting angle, but I don't think Bill Busch has the same vision nor charm that Mickey Joseph has. I think he's a brilliant guy and a big asset for the program, but he's a little too much 'brilliant genius' to be the face of the program. MJ is a much better choice imo.

The administration will want Dabo, but the fans will be like "nope not good enough. What's that guy ever done?"😅

Reactions: BleedRed78
I don't think NU is going to pay 2-3 million for one coordinator. Certainly don't see them paying for two at that level.

You have to keep in mind that whoever you hire at head coach isn't playing video game. Most of the folks they hire will be people they know or have worked with over the years.

Even if you give the next coach a blank check for coordinators, you probably still aren't getting Smart's and Saban's top coaches unless the next coach has some history with them.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I'm fine with Mickey. I would rather have Mickey than Monken and some of the other tier people listed. I'm on record of saying I'm for finding a big fish. Urban, Whittingham, Bob Stoops, etc. A proven winner at the highest levels. If we are going to be risky, I'd go with Mickey, but just as message board conversation and talking with my dad the other night, we were talking about how Busch just seems to be a stud everywhere he goes and is just an all around great dude that kids seem to buy into. I think you could give him the most misfit squad and he would turn it around. I think the dude is more elite than we know and is kind of a hidden gem.

Sir, I think your 100% on the money. He's the one guy we've got to keep.

I don't think NU is going to pay 2-3 million for one coordinator. Certainly don't see them paying for two at that level.

You have to keep in mind that whoever you hire at head coach isn't playing video game. Most of the folks they hire will be people they know or have worked with over the years.

Even if you give the next coach a blank check for coordinators, you probably still aren't getting Smart's and Saban's top coaches unless the next coach has some history with them.
We pay $150 million for a facility that will be irrelevant in 10 years and will have almost zero correlation to winning but can't afford $2-3 million for a top notch coordinator? What are we even doing? Do we want to win or do we want to build pretty, but useless buildings? We can do both if we're not cheap, but there's way too many prioritizing the latter over the former.

The coaching staff easily has the most direct impact on results on the field. It's well worth 20% of the revenues we bring in to bring in a top notch coaching staff. $10 million for the head coach and $10 million for the assistant pool if let's say we're bringing in $100 million in revenue, which is a conservative estimate. Get the best coaching staff possible and there's zero doubt in my mind we can be relevant on the national stage again.

So OP wants a guy so good he wasn't even on staff as a position coach anywhere in the country? It's weird how emotion sways judgement.

Last edited:
The coaching staff easily has the most direct impact on results on the field. It's well worth 20% of the revenues we bring in to bring in a top notch coaching staff. $10 million for the head coach and $10 million for the assistant pool if let's say we're bringing in $100 million in revenue, which is a conservative estimate. Get the best coaching staff possible and there's zero doubt in my mind we can be relevant on the national stage again.
I don't disagree with what you said. I don't see nebraska doing that.

If we are going for sleepers that would never happen Pat Narduzzi Pittsburgh head coach and former DC of Michigan state when they were consistently good. Do not think he would come here though especially because he has openly criticized firing of Frank Solich and Nebraska fans got all whiny we he correctly called out Whipple. It is apparently very hard to win at Pittsburgh!

I think most Alabama fans assume Dabo will come back home when called, but I am not so sure it is that automatic. Dabo has created an empire for himself at Clemson.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Plus Bama has played flat out sloppy football in their two losses.

I don’t think Saban would mind losing BOB off his staff.
IF you’ve paid attention to Bama over the past decade, you would know that Nick has had conflict with every OC he’s had. He expects perfection and is ready to throw anybody under the bus. His deal is the defense and that is never his fault either

Landing BoB over other P5 schools would be a coup and an absolute home run hire, especially after he has spent significant time under Saban. Program and culture changing move. You guys are a mess.

Landing BoB over other P5 schools would be a coup and an absolute home run hire, especially after he has spent significant time under Saban. Program and culture changing move. You guys are a mess.
But but but he’s swears and people don’t love his personality…..

Reactions: jteten
I think most Alabama fans assume Dabo will come back home when called, but I am not so sure it is that automatic. Dabo has created an empire for himself at Clemson.
Alabama faithful would take Kiffin without hesitation if he wants the job.

He’s been complaining that Clemson and the ACC don’t get enough respect from voters in the polls. I could see him going to Alabama for that reason.

Reactions: Wasker77
IF you’ve paid attention to Bama over the past decade, you would know that Nick has had conflict with every OC he’s had. He expects perfection and is ready to throw anybody under the bus. His deal is the defense and that is never his fault either
Being on staff with Nick Saban is career rehab for coaches. Mike Locksley, Sarkisian, Lane Kiffin, Butch Jones, O'Brien, and probably others. Just hop on the Saban train and let the five star talent wash the muck off your resume.

It's easy street compared to the rest of those poor saps out there who have to fight and scratch each week to have that magical season that allows a HC to move up to a better job.

But but but he’s swears and people don’t love his personality…..
I will raise my hand. I could care less about the swearing. I think he is an arrogant SOB and an assh*le. One of those guys who thinks he is smarter than what he really is. Hire him and then watch how moody he is in press conferences. Bo 2.0. Those Belichick boys all think they are Bill, and they are not even close. A slightly slimmer version of Charlie Weis

ADVERTISEMENT