ADVERTISEMENT

Haymarket Park Tailgating

Look folks I know this kind of thing pisses us off. But remember something. Our football team and coaches live in Lincoln too. And Covid cases are spiking again. Love them or hate them, the B1G’s rules are the rules and if our players catch Covid in any large numbers there goes our season. So as much as it sucks that we can’t have huge tailgating parties, we need to see the bigger picture here.
Such are my two cents...

Nazis. Quite frankly with the shut down in lincoln I wasn't sure there were any restaurant in haymarket that could afford the rent and still in business

Look folks I know this kind of thing pisses us off. But remember something. Our football team and coaches live in Lincoln too. And Covid cases are spiking again. Love them or hate them, the B1G’s rules are the rules and if our players catch Covid in any large numbers there goes our season. So as much as it sucks that we can’t have huge tailgating parties, we need to see the bigger picture here.
Such are my two cents...

OMG it's a spike!!!! Sounds scary right? It's not. The bigger picture is people are panicking for no reason. On top of that we know being outside is safer than being inside. They just cancelled events that would get people outside in sunlight and fresh air. This is pure stupidity and it's been going on since this started. Every single thing we've done has had a negative consequence and led to a worse outcome than if we'd have done nothing at all. And it's insanity. We've already seen the damage shut downs do.

Here is the "SPIKE" in Nebraska - a state that has been minimally impacted and as you'll see has plenty of hospital capacity that won't be needed.

Hospital-capacity.jpg

Now the total positive cases is pretty misleading, because that's over the entire time frame from March/April whenever they started counting. But they can't scare you with little numbers so they use that. Nice of them to split out people tested from total tests. Hopefully no duplicate positive tests were counted as "positive cases."

Nebraska's population is 1.9 million - that means in 6ish months 3.3% of the population has allegedly tested positive for it.

Currently according to these numbers, 1.13% (21,502 active cases in a population of 1.9 million) of Nebraska has the wuflu. Shut it all down!!!!!

Neb-cases.jpg

Most of that doesn't even matter because 2/3s are officially labeled as recovered.

recoveries.jpg

Here are the number of tests being done. Look at that... a spike!!!!! OMG!!!! Scary!!!! It really is a massive jump in testing... right before the election... hmmmmm.... You're looking at a 2x - 4x increase in testing. That's ridiculous and pointless.

Neb-test-date.jpg

Here's the result in percent of people positive. Not much of a SPIKE!!!!! here.

percent-positive.jpg

Here is the number positive tests. Now do you think they make this look like the most extreme graph on purpose? Scale plays a large role here.
Neb-positives.jpg

What's the real impact to Nebraska? Minimal. With the SPIKE!!! and vastly increased testing there's been less that 6000 positive tests in the last 2 weeks!!!!

positive-in-last-14-days.jpg

Here's how many people have died total in Nebraska and some age info.

Neb-Deaths.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
I went to a HS game tonight where the band "lipsynced" the halftime performance because of the school's policy that kids must wear masks at all times.

Good lord, when will the insanity stop?

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
OMG it's a spike!!!! Sounds scary right? It's not. The bigger picture is people are panicking for no reason. On top of that we know being outside is safer than being inside. They just cancelled events that would get people outside in sunlight and fresh air. This is pure stupidity and it's been going on since this started. Every single thing we've done has had a negative consequence and led to a worse outcome than if we'd have done nothing at all. And it's insanity. We've already seen the damage shut downs do.
Like I said... just my “two cents.” And two cents ain’t much. I hope you are right.

ADVERTISEMENT