ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskerlife39

First Team All-Big Ten
Sep 12, 2006
Omaha, NE
Is it just me or is there a ridiculous amount of Iowa posters over here these days? I could understand them trolling our board if they beat Nebraska regularly or their recruiting class was decent but neither is the case so what gives? Is the possibility that they might beat us for a recruit really that notable?

Last edited:
Is it just me or is there a ridiculous amount of Iowa posters over hear these days? I could understand them trolling our board if they beat Nebraska regularly or their recruiting class was decent but neither is the case so what gives? Is the possibility that they might beat us for a recruit really that notable?

Face it we have a rivalry on our hands...whether some will admit it or not.....

This is what Delany wanted all along.Winking

Last edited:
Is it just me or is there a ridiculous amount of Iowa posters over here these days? I could understand them trolling our board if they beat Nebraska regularly or their recruiting class was decent but neither is the case so what gives? Is the possibility that they might beat us for a recruit really that notable?
We should put up a wall and have them pay for it

We want so much to be like Nebraska that we have come here to see what we need to do to be the best fans in the country.

But seriously, we recruit some of the same guys and it's nice hearing from other teams insiders. Hopefully, other Hawkeye posters don't come trolling too often.

Being real about things, Iowa will up a rival to us. My guess is we will consistently recruit better then and should have more talent then them on a normal basis but Iowa will always find away to play us good ever year (being our Colorado game of the Big 10). Should be plenty of good, fun games to watch in the future.

Being real about things, Iowa will up a rival to us. My guess is we will consistently recruit better then and should have more talent then them on a normal basis but Iowa will always find away to play us good ever year (being our Colorado game of the Big 10). Should be plenty of good, fun games to watch in the future.

Hawk fan here living in Omaha with many Nebby friends! My thoughts are recruiting (going after many of the same recruits) and games will be pretty even going forward with two pretty talent poor home states playing a part in battling regularly with the Michigan's and OSU's of the world. Agree with many that is now becoming the natural rivalry for Iowa, where it was Wisconsin or the Goofs in the past.

True sign of this rivalry to me is that I root for Nebraska to loose every game, and it appears Nebraska fans for the most part feel the same way. Nothing wrong with it at all, as I feel the same way about Wisconsin.

Not near as many as there could be. Some won't be back. Winking A lot of the Iowa fans are great but man @kaz36 , @rrthusker & I are pulling OT before we go to Aruba on Rivals dime.

Reactions: newAD
I agree under Bo Iowa and Huskers were close to even recruiting wise but now that Riley is here he brings a better connection to Cali and should land us higher rated athletes, i honestly don't see Iowa pulling the same....that's why i give the Huskers the nod for better recruits in the future. Hopefully it stays a Rivally with us upgrading on the recruiting front, just the Huskers winning a few more close games with the upgrades.

This is not an attempt to run Iowa down or not give credit where its due...just under Bo we wouldn't even sniff Keshawn Johnson Jr, Gebbia, Holmes, Hightower (possible 5 star WR, 4 star for sure), Obrein, Lamar Jackson and FitzPatrick being a few. Huskers under Bo and Iowa wouldnt have came close to these guys, Riley opens the door for the Huskers.

Not near as many as there could be. Some won't be back. Winking A lot of the Iowa fans are great but man @kaz36 , @rrthusker & I are pulling OT before we go to Aruba on Rivals dime.
Thanks as always for your hard work Sparky. In truth I don't mind some of the hawk fans, especially when their handles make it obvious who they are. Its the stealth hawk posters that make the board unbearable at times. I'll read a post and think wow this dude is unhappy with the team/coaches/fans. I got on the Hawk board the other day and find a bunch of these negative guys are hawks....go figure.

I honestly don't get why anyone would go under a fake handle on other teams site just to knock said team. It won't pull them anymore repsect and it sure won't pull them anymore followers with a different handle name on it. So its completely pointless. If not a Husker fan, then don't create a Husker handle in hopes we will suddenly set up straight and take notice just because it says Huskers in your handle. Just be yourself and use your actual handle name.

Well...consecutive wins in football, basketball, baseball and wrestling. I guess we are beating the huskers regularly.

After getting so thoroughly embarrassed in their bowl game Iowa fans feel a need to puff out their chests and attempt to look better than another program. Pretty sad really.

After getting so thoroughly embarrassed in their bowl game Iowa fans feel a need to puff out their chests and attempt to look better than another program. Pretty sad really.
The team with the best recruits in the B1G loses to MSU which in turn gets goose egged in the bowl speaking of a lot to brag about.All those 4 and 5* you have really don't mean much do they.

The team with the best recruits in the B1G loses to MSU which in turn gets goose egged in the bowl speaking of a lot to brag about.All those 4 and 5* you have really don't mean much do they.
Yeah they mean tOSU will never be a mediocre program like Iowa is. Best season ever and it ended in total disgrace lol. Come to Columbus and I am sure Urban will allow you to see the national championship trophy. Winking

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT