ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes > Huskers

Can’t wait for the 1st half game thread - will the first negative comment be “the players have quit” which is the go to comment for most Nebraska fans or will it be “it’s hard to win when the refs are obviously working for the other team” which is always used just prior to claiming the players have mailed it in?
You creep on Nebraska game threads? Lol.

Iowa has had a handful of top 10 finishes and multiple top 25 finishes in the last 20 years! They average 1.8 wins against top 15 programs each year over the last 20 years. I’m pretty certain Nebraska has one maybe two victories over top 15 teams in that same span. Iowa has a couple BCS appearances and multiple new year day bowl games. They have 5 in a row over the huskers. Iowa‘s problem is they always lose to the teams they should not. Which makes their overall records comparable. However the teams have not been close this century Iowa’s been a much better team.
If the only way you measure a team is by a national championship than no other teams are relevant but one each year. That argument is weak unless you’re talking to a Minnesota or Nebraska fan and that’s a century old now.
I think you gals pound us tomorrow because we are a straight up awful team, but good lord if we win, just quit watching Hawks football.

Reactions: scarletred
Did you really say Nebraska had a nice run for a decade or two? Are you that clueless? Might want to just delete your account and start over.

Nebraska had 33 consecutive 9 win seasons, 49 total. Iowa has had 16 total.

Nebraska has 46 confernece titles, Iowa has 11 (5 outright).

Nebraska is 8th All-Time in wins, Iowa is 57th.

Nebraska is still has the 4th best win % the last 50 years, Iowa LOL.

And I won’t talk about the National Championships because I know how that triggers you.

But congrats on whatever it is your are pounding your chest over. A 3-2 record or a pig trophy or whatever it is. Seems fun.
Iowa fans like to whine about us being proud of our history but here's a lesson in greatness...

Reactions: headcard
Iowa's biggest game of the year
Lol aren't you the guy that was obsessing about this on a different thread? The biggest game every year to their staff is Wisconsin and it's not close. Fans are different depending on which part of the state.

Iowa has had a handful of top 10 finishes and multiple top 25 finishes in the last 20 years! They average 1.8 wins against top 15 programs each year over the last 20 years. I’m pretty certain Nebraska has one maybe two victories over top 15 teams in that same span. Iowa has a couple BCS appearances and multiple new year day bowl games. They have 5 in a row over the huskers. Iowa‘s problem is they always lose to the teams they should not. Which makes their overall records comparable. However the teams have not been close this century Iowa’s been a much better team.
If the only way you measure a team is by a national championship than no other teams are relevant but one each year. That argument is weak unless you’re talking to a Minnesota or Nebraska fan and that’s a century old now.

Late to the party because of being with family, but you mean the start of this century which started in 2007...
I do consider the start of the century being the year of 2000..

A decade is 10 years and use 2000-2009 as a decade and 2010-2019 as another decade.

The fact is Ioway has only won 2 Rose Bowl games and one Orange Bowl in their entire history and that in includes 2009 Orange Bowl..Before that you have go all the way back to 1959 Rose Bowl of winning a major bowl or New Year’s 6 Bowl...

Blue blood? I think Nebraska fan confuses having a nice run for a decade or two with always being in the conversation. I do not believe Nebraska is thought of as a blue blood anywhere outside of the Omaha/Lincoln city limits.

A decade or two another Herky that doesn’t know any college Football History..

Better do some research..

FIFY, iowa will never have a better program. The difference is suttle, but important....

Get a win tomorrow and iowa will have 665 total wins and zero NCs claimed or otherwise post 1960 and a mere 13 conference titles many of them “shared”, yes iowa has quite a mountain to climb to be a better program.

I already acknowledged Nebraska has a better history. History doesn’t make a better current program. Iowa has more momentum with better building blocks in place.

Reactions: CriticalObserver
Can’t wait for the 1st half game thread - will the first negative comment be “the players have quit” which is the go to comment for most Nebraska fans or will it be “it’s hard to win when the refs are obviously working for the other team” which is always used just prior to claiming the players have mailed it in?

How many times have fighting herk fans called for Kirks head or Petras' head this year?

I already acknowledged Nebraska has a better history. History doesn’t make a better current program. Iowa has more momentum with better building blocks in place.

Momentum? You are 3-2 with loses to Purdue and NW. Building blocks? I guess I’ll have to go look at those recent recruiting classes again. Iowa will be 8-win Iowa as long as Kirk is there. Things are not going well for Nebraska, maybe that changes soon maybe not. But there is no momentum and no building blocks for Iowa, just more of the same.

The Greeks and the Romans still crow about how great they were back in the but reality is it’s 2020 and nobody really cares.

Only losers don’t care about hearing history....

Greeks and Romans having nothing to do with college football history, there the ones that don’t care...

Momentum? You are 3-2 with loses to Purdue and NW. Building blocks? I guess I’ll have to go look at those recent recruiting classes again. Iowa will be 8-win Iowa as long as Kirk is there. Things are not going well for Nebraska, maybe that changes soon maybe not. But there is no momentum and no building blocks for Iowa, just more of the same.
Geesh Nebraska has 1 win, why are you throwing stones? You'd kill to have a winning record

Geesh Nebraska has 1 win, why are you throwing stones? You'd kill to have a winning record
I’m not the one on another teams message board telling them how much they suck. And no we would not kill to be 3-2 with losses to NW and Purdue. Obviously we aren’t happy with we’re our team is at, but please stop with the Iowa is a powerhouse nonsense.

I’m not the one on another teams message board telling them how much they suck. And no we would not kill to be 3-2 with losses to NW and Purdue. Obviously we aren’t happy with we’re our team is at, but please stop with the Iowa is a powerhouse nonsense.
You have a loss to NW and I haven't said anything like that? Purdue will stick it in you, just be honest- you can't win any titles on a message board. You have sunk to this level, but I enjoy it :)

You have a loss to NW and I haven't said anything like that? Purdue will stick it in you, just be honest- you can't win any titles on a message board. You have sunk to this level, but I enjoy it :)
Do you really not see that going to another teams message board on Thanksgiving day to troll and pound your chest about your average football team is pathetic? Can you really not see that?

Lol aren't you the guy that was obsessing about this on a different thread? The biggest game every year to their staff is Wisconsin and it's not close. Fans are different depending on which part of the state.
Your coaching staff disagrees with you

I will never, ever, ever post on the iowa board

I can’t believe how many of those inbreds run their cock holsters over here nonstop. We talk a lot about history, but I’m not sure anyone has them beat in the ‘we are giant f’ing losers’ category.

just a century of unrivaled dominance in being absolutely pathetic zeros. incredible.

I will never, ever, ever post on the iowa board

I can’t believe how many of those inbreds run their cock holsters over here nonstop. We talk a lot about history, but I’m not sure anyone has them beat in the ‘we are giant f’ing losers’ category.

just a century of unrivaled dominance in being absolutely pathetic zeros. incredible.
It really does blow my mind. We have had some doozies on this board over the years, but I can’t think of one poster anything like these idiots. (Maybe SoFL after an all-nighter.). It’s like their average age is 16 and their IQ is even lower.

don’t get too comfortable with being on that list . Keep playing like you are and it won’t be long before they mercifully pull you off of it. Biggest difference in most of us rational Iowa fans is we know exactly what we are. An above average developmental program that just puts guys in the pros year after year, and is highly respected in the NFL. Most of us know that. Problem with Nebby fan is you refuse to accept where you are RIGHT NOW! Yeah you had some good years two decades ago but no one outside of LNK cares anymore . That’s why losing tomorrow for the 6th straight game in this series will sting all the more.

I am guessing that you are the type of kid that your obese, toothless mom has to slap the shit out of once in a while, simply because you won't stfu. Bold font and constant exclamation points on a message board.

Last edited:
1.8 wins per year against top 15 programs over the last 20 years? Try .65. It’s pretty easy to look up. You are claiming 36 wins vs top 15 but it’s 13.

Nebraska has sucked since 2015 so naturally huskers fans look back and remember the 40 plus years (1970-2001) of elite Husker teams, multiple conference championships and 5 national championships versus Iowa fans cheering for a team that has been an average to slightly above average team for 40 plus years looking back at 1958, 1985, 3 “shared” conference championships (all 15 plus years old) and a 12-2 season with no conference championship and a rose bowl massacre....Huskers > hawks.......

Reactions: HBFR
That blue blood is just a blood clot today.
e35be53186f27d9fbe6727587640f544.jpeg

That’s momentum for Iowa Light. Iowa State has some real momentum going for them.

Typical Iowa fan. Happy with 25th place amine a sprinkle or top 10. There is only one place that matters, 1st place. It's sports, you win the whole damn thing or it don't matter. Yes Nebraska hasn't been relevant for 20 years but when you were relevant that's what you want every year. When Iowa ever becomes relevant you will know what Husker fans feel and why we are never happy unless we win the who damn thing.

I think you have confused, having a run is not the same as being a blue blood. Nebraska had a great run but that’s as far as it goes, they were never a Blue Blood
Are you an idiot? What make a team a Blue Blood to you then? 40 year of dominance makes a team a Blue Blood.

You are confusing current struggles with facts

5 National Championships
903 Wins

Blue Blood

Have fun beating what I think may be the worst team I have seen Nebraska put on the field, and we have had some shitty ones since 2001

Not that anyone cares what I think here, but Nebraska is of course currently a blueblood. However, if they don't start having consistent ranked finishes in the next decade or so then that status will definitely be in jeopardy. For context, did anyone think Minnesota was a blueblood back in 1995? They had many titles with their last being in 1960 at that point.

Are you an idiot? What make a team a Blue Blood to you then? 40 year of dominance makes a team a Blue Blood.

You are confusing current struggles with facts

5 National Championships
903 Wins

Blue Blood

Have fun beating what I think may be the worst team I have seen Nebraska put on the field, and we have had some shitty ones since 2001

2001.. You mean 2004😏

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT