ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes > Huskers

Sep 22, 2020
Iowa has had a handful of top 10 finishes and multiple top 25 finishes in the last 20 years! They average 1.8 wins against top 15 programs each year over the last 20 years. I’m pretty certain Nebraska has one maybe two victories over top 15 teams in that same span. Iowa has a couple BCS appearances and multiple new year day bowl games. They have 5 in a row over the huskers. Iowa‘s problem is they always lose to the teams they should not. Which makes their overall records comparable. However the teams have not been close this century Iowa’s been a much better team.
If the only way you measure a team is by a national championship than no other teams are relevant but one each year. That argument is weak unless you’re talking to a Minnesota or Nebraska fan and that’s a century old now.

Reactions: Adjil
Iowa has had a handful of top 10 finishes and multiple top 25 finishes in the last 20 years! They average 1.8 wins against top 15 programs each year over the last 20 years. I’m pretty certain Nebraska has one maybe two victories over top 15 teams in that same span. Iowa has a couple BCS appearances and multiple new year day bowl games. They have 5 in a row over the huskers. Iowa‘s problem is they always lose to the teams they should not. Which makes their overall records comparable. However the teams have not been close this century Iowa’s been a much better team.
If the only way you measure a team is by a national championship than no other teams are relevant but one each year. That argument is weak unless you’re talking to a Minnesota or Nebraska fan and that’s a century old now.
You sound like you're trying to convince yourself. Here's the truth: Nebraska has been absolute horse shit for a few years. Iowa has been slightly better. Congrats, that's a hell of a program you've got there. LOL.

Blue blood? I think Nebraska fan confuses having a nice run for a decade or two with always being in the conversation. I do not believe Nebraska is thought of as a blue blood anywhere outside of the Omaha/Lincoln city limits.
That's false. See, this is what makes you Iowa trolls sound stupid. If you'd base your arguments even remotely in fact it'd be a lot more interesting. FACT: Nebraska is regarded as a football blue blood by anyone and everyone outside of idiot trolls.

That's false. See, this is what makes you Iowa trolls sound stupid. If you'd base your arguments even remotely in fact it'd be a lot more interesting. FACT: Nebraska is regarded as a football blue blood by anyone and everyone outside of idiot trolls.
I think you have confused, having a run is not the same as being a blue blood. Nebraska had a great run but that’s as far as it goes, they were never a Blue Blood

You’re just next on the schedule is all . Net week they’ll be saying the same thing about Illinois...

Dude, get over it. The obsession is not a good look for you. No one here cares about what you think.

What exactly is the point of coming over here and positing this crap? Is it just pure insecurity? Envy? Little mans syndrome? Either way, I feel sorry for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Blue blood? I think Nebraska fan confuses having a nice run for a decade or two with always being in the conversation. I do not believe Nebraska is thought of as a blue blood anywhere outside of the Omaha/Lincoln city limits.
Nebraska is on every single blue blood list put out. The fact that you don’t know this shows how very little you know about college football. Which I guess isn’t surprising coming from an Iowa fan.

I got news for ya sparky . Iowa would rather beat down the rodents to the north than you. Minnesota hatred runs deep especially w douche PJFleck

Somebody needs a new keyboard for Christmas.

social

Next it will be this...

a1547.gif

Last edited:
Slightly better? They’re ranked about every year Nebraska’s nowhere near the top 25. Iowa is number 24 today!

You are 3-2 with losses to NW and Purdue. Only Iowa would pound their chest about that. And yes slightly better. You have won on last second FG’s the last two years and the records for the two schools are almost identical over the last 20 years. Currently Iowa is average and Nebraska is below average. Probably why you have to come here and pound your chest to try and feel better about your never has been, never will be program.

Damn the Iowa trolls get triggered by the term blueblood, what a bunch of asshats.

Solich and Pelini owned iowa.....iowa has been better hands down for five seasons and still needed final play FGs the last two seasons. IF iowa wins tomorrow that will be 6 in a row and with that sixth straight win will finally tie the series 8-8 since the 70s and will still be double digits back in the all time series.

Barta was picked to lead the CFP as they needed someone to lead that was guaranteed to never have a conflict of interest when it comes to picking the final four.

With a win iowa will reach 665 wins and Nebraska will spend another week at 903....

Iowa's biggest game of the year

Actually, Penn State and Wisconsin are likely bigger games this year. Simply put, Iowa hasn't beat either team lately, decade or more at Kinnick.

Iowa did win in 2015 in Madison.

The Nebraska-Iowa game is a trophy game. Iowa doesn't take those game lightly, but they have struggled against Wisconsin, like Nebraska.

Actually, Penn State and Wisconsin are likely bigger games this year. Simply put, Iowa hasn't beat either team lately, decade or more at Kinnick.

Iowa did win in 2015 in Madison.

The Nebraska-Iowa game is a trophy game. Iowa doesn't take those game lightly, but they have struggled against Wisconsin, like Nebraska.
Iowa's coaching staff thinks it's Nebraska

Your coaches disagree with you
Nebraska is on every single blue blood list put out. The fact that you don’t know this shows how very little you know about college football. Which I guess isn’t surprising coming from an Iowa fan.

don’t get too comfortable with being on that list . Keep playing like you are and it won’t be long before they mercifully pull you off of it. Biggest difference in most of us rational Iowa fans is we know exactly what we are. An above average developmental program that just puts guys in the pros year after year, and is highly respected in the NFL. Most of us know that. Problem with Nebby fan is you refuse to accept where you are RIGHT NOW! Yeah you had some good years two decades ago but no one outside of LNK cares anymore . That’s why losing tomorrow for the 6th straight game in this series will sting all the more.

ADVERTISEMENT