ADVERTISEMENT

Hawaii WR

He likes DG the QB, and how UCF has built a family like, very supportive environment for kids and visiting families from the 805.

I don't recall ever hearing bout a player committing to a school who doesn't have a head coach at all. I can see if he had no other offers but he has several power 5 offers and he's a "4 star"! Wow just wow.....wtf are we doin??!

I don't recall ever hearing bout a player committing to a school who doesn't have a head coach at all. I can see if he had no other offers but he has several power 5 offers and he's a "4 star"! Wow just wow.....wtf are we doin??!

I know some might not want to hear this, but Nebraska clearly pulled its hat out of the ring on this one. The kid said it was between Nebraska and UCLA and then a couple days later had a final group of four without Nebraska in it. I suspect UCLA later did the same, as they just got a couple commits and a transfer portal RB. Waiting until Feb to sign, with 1,500 kids in the portal is a risk.

As a side note, I think we backed off this one because we thought we had AD in the bag, which now does not appear to be the case. So we will end up losing out on both. Hopefully we get a couple studs from JUCO/portal this spring.

long ago as in months ago. Surprised he didn't opt out when his mom got sick. I think he could have completed his classwork online from home last semester. That dude is a competitor and regardless of leaving. Sigh. Man this past 10 months has sucked. Well except I've had my son, his wife AND MY GRANDSON living with us since last March! They bailed out of Houston when they were going to lock the city down. His work went to 100% from home and still is so there's no reason to be stuck in a city there. Man I'm a lucky SOB. A one year old to rock and watch Tom and Jerry with! Can't wait until it warms up so he can go to the farm with me.
i like the positive view of a tough period. I, too, was able to spend a lot of time with my girls at home when they were sent home from college. It seemed so difficult at the time, but it was some of the best times we have had since they became adults. My 2 girls are closer now than they have ever been. They are 5 years apart in age but currently best friends as a result of these otherwise difficult times. We'll get thru this. With a lot of losses but some gains as well.

Reactions: Melmc
I know some might not want to hear this, but Nebraska clearly pulled its hat out of the ring on this one. The kid said it was between Nebraska and UCLA and then a couple days later had a final group of four without Nebraska in it. I suspect UCLA later did the same, as they just got a couple commits and a transfer portal RB. Waiting until Feb to sign, with 1,500 kids in the portal is a risk.

As a side note, I think we backed off this one because we thought we had AD in the bag, which now does not appear to be the case. So we will end up losing out on both. Hopefully we get a couple studs from JUCO/portal this spring.
I think landing Toure and now needing a QB might have more to do with pulling the plug on his recruitment. We've only got a spot or two left and we could use an edge rusher and a QB probably more than this WR.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT