ADVERTISEMENT

Hausmann in portal

This makes very little sense and hurts
Don’t get it. Started as a freshman. Rhule and co is know for defensive mindset and acumen. Play for Chin (who has never done anything) but not Rhule? Mind-numbing and stupid if he leaves. Rhule loves speed (which Haussman has) & the young man came for a disaster of a staff last year but leaves when his ticket to a payday shows up.

Can’t even make this $h1t up!

It’s going to be a chaotic roster flip. Sign of the times, regardless of the coaching change. Coaching change just exacerbates it. That said, I think we will reap more rewards from the portal than losses. Time will tell. Settle in and see where it goes. Would be silly to think we could flip the script and not lose players in this current transfer environment.

At both Temple and Baylor it was not until the third year that Rhule's teams started winning a lot of games. I don't think after the Riley/Frost years any of us should be surprised if some kids don't want to wait and just move on. Some kids just don't want to grind it out.

19 year olds often make bad decisions.
It's all theater. They think of themselves as free agents now. Who's going to give me the most attention? If he's smart, he sticks this out and builds up what he's restarted..

At both Temple and Baylor it was not until the third year that Rhule's teams started winning a lot of games. I don't think after the Riley/Frost years any of us should be surprised if some kids don't want to wait and just move on. Some kids just don't want to grind it out.
Rhule has a little bit different of a roster here this go around. It will take some time, but if he can keep most of the pieces and get some portal and Juco guys we might not be as bad off as we think especially if you get Casey to come back. It looks like the majority of the recruits are sticking and will probably get a few more. We won't be good next year, but it's not a total train wreck like Temple and Baylor seemed to be. I could see us getting 6 to 7 wins next year.

It's all theater. They think of themselves as free agents now. Who's going to give me the most attention? If he's smart, he sticks this out and builds up what he's restarted..
I would change the word “attention” in your third sentence to “money.”

Disappointing, but the world moves on. Also there remains the possibility of him coming back. Can't blame him for seeing what his options look like.

Disappointing, but the world moves on. Also there remains the possibility of him coming back. Can't blame him for seeing what his options look like.
I think he'll come back. Someone write the kid a big check already and put it on Instagram.

Reactions: Anegada1
Rhule has a little bit different of a roster here this go around. It will take some time, but if he can keep most of the pieces and get some portal and Juco guys we might not be as bad off as we think especially if you get Casey to come back. It looks like the majority of the recruits are sticking and will probably get a few more. We won't be good next year, but it's not a total train wreck like Temple and Baylor seemed to be. I could see us getting 6 to 7 wins next year.
First of all, I as a Husker fan want Hausmann to stay with the Huskers. I hope you are right about the wins. It is too bad the Huskers open with Minnesota at their place. The 3 non-conference games, CU, N ILL and La Tech are all winnable. Northwestern, Maryland and Iowa and maybe Purdue are all at home and look to me as the best chances for wins in the BIG next year. Hausmann and his advisors may think they can go to a school where he will get 10 plus wins and more importantly open himself up to NIL money. As a walk-on I am betting he did not get much if any to go to Nebraska.

First of all, I as a Husker fan want Hausmann to stay with the Huskers. I hope you are right about the wins. It is too bad the Huskers open with Minnesota at their place. The 3 non-conference games, CU, N ILL and La Tech are all winnable. Northwestern, Maryland and Iowa and maybe Purdue are all at home and look to me as the best chances for wins in the BIG next year. Hausmann and his advisors may think they can go to a school where he will get 10 plus wins and more importantly open himself up to NIL money. As a walk-on I am betting he did not get much if any to go to Nebraska.
I want Hausman back too. SSO on Twitter actually has a pretty good thought on all of this. Basically with NIL kids are basically signing up for one year contracts with the school. If they have success they enter the portal and shop what deals they can get. All kids aren't going to be like this, but in some aspects is part of life in the NIL world. He may be back at NU, but going forward you are going to see a ton of kids shopping their value. It's very interesting times.

ADVERTISEMENT