ADVERTISEMENT

Hate to say it because I like Darin Erstad.

huskerfan66

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 8, 2004
Just like Tim miles, a change needs to be made. Baseball is a top five program and should be a money maker. Time for Moos to work his magic

I don't know if the program will get back to making money, but it would probably get a little bump in ticket sales and merch with a few more conference titles, which arguably should have happened more than once by now :confused:

You are wasting your breath unfortunately. Will never happen. We are stuck in Erstad purgatory.

Also, fat chance he fires himself as promised. We know he’s mostly all talk but he also thinks he’s doing a good job considering he brings up his one Big Ten Title any chance he gets.

Sorry but Neb should be winning the Big Ten title 3 or 4 seasons out of five and we have one reg season title since joining. That is a major problem. Change needs to be made!

I don't think 3 or 4 titles out of 5 is necessarily realistic, there are challenges in this conference with oversigning rules. But 3 or 4 out of 8 wasn't too much to ask, and we're fortunate we got one. Heck, bring on R.D. Spiehs, saw that name elsewhere, I'll take anything Van Horn/Childress-related. Enough Sanders stank :eek:

I don't think 3 or 4 titles out of 5 is necessarily realistic, there are challenges in this conference with oversigning rules. But 3 or 4 out of 8 wasn't too much to ask, and we're fortunate we got one. Heck, bring on R.D. Spiehs, saw that name elsewhere, I'll take anything Van Horn/Childress-related. Enough Sanders stank :eek:
No school in the Big Ten has the combination of facilities and fan/administration support enjoyed by Nebraska. We should settle for nothing less than being the best program in the conference over the long haul. We’ve probably been the second best program in the league since joining it, behind Indiana.

That said, conference titles are nice but they mean a lot less to me than the NCAA tournament. I’m pretty sure most everyone on this board would rather host a regional than win a conference trophy. I know I would. And although it’s pretty easy to illustrate Nebraska has been better than Illinois and Minnesota since 2012, both of those schools have had seasons good enough in that span to host (and win!) regionals. There is no reason we can’t do the same and, frankly, it’s embarrassing we haven’t been in the hosting conversation in over a decade.

Last edited:
I said at the time that the conference regular season title was nice, and it was good for the players at the time to experience that, but I feared that in the long run it may be more damaging because it gave Erstad and his supporters something to bring up as evidence of his success-(not that one regular season title in 8 years is really all that great anyway).

Big Ten titles should be almost expected from Neb baseball. That is the level it was at when Van Horn left and the right coach should be able to bring that level back as the money and support is there. To those who talk about Big Ten restrictions they are the same for every Big Ten team!

ADVERTISEMENT