ADVERTISEMENT

Has basketball maxed out?

Yes - Timmy had us there and we fired him. He’s our Jim Caldwell.
Timmy didn't have us anywhere. I so wanted him to work. Heck, I want Hoiberg to work. We need someone to build the program. Sound familiar? I'm sure Trev has sat down with Fred, as he did with Frost, and tell him what he expects. I hope that Trev has his list ready.

Reactions: HBK4life
Timmy didn't have us anywhere. I so wanted him to work. Heck, I want Hoiberg to work. We need someone to build the program. Sound familiar? I'm sure Trev has sat down with Fred, as he did with Frost, and tell him what he expects. I hope that Trev has his list ready.

Made the big dance 14% of the time. Rockstar numbers for
Nebrasketball

Agree we will never be a BB school, if the definition is having multiple national championships and 60+ years of top level performance. However, there is absolutely no reason we can’t be in the upper half of the conference more years than not. That means making the NCAAs on a fairly consistent basis.

Amen - for me an ncaa tourney game is better than a non playoff bowl game

Southern Cal is a football school and they’ve been very good in basketball, just not as good as UCLA history..

Few people in here are getting an education on Nebraska basketball history..

They’ve never heard of Stu Lantz, Jack Moore, Eric Piatkowski, Eric Strickland and Dave Hoppen..
LeRoy Chalk, Chuck Jura

Reactions: IowaHuskr
I believe Fred is getting more help from Trev’s staff than he did during Moos’s tenure. One plus was getting rid of Doc. He was dead weight in recruiting. Fred might not like recruiting but IMO he would be very effective in closing in living rooms. Kids want to play and moms want a coach who is going to treat their son well. We need to sell playing time and the fact that you can make it to the NBA from Nebraska.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigboxes
The NBA is the most followed sports league in rge world. The product on the court has greatly improved over the past couple of decades and the shot making is unbelievable.

College basketball can be difficult to watch. The talent drop off is much wider than College and pro football. The open misses and officiating are frustrating.

March Madness makes it seem better than it is because you catch a number if games simultaneously and it amps up the action and the stakes are big.
NBA sucks

What up mane..

c2ba4962-515c-4e32-980b-ec7a57111cfd_text.gif

No I'm still here. There were some communication issues.

I've been lurking around, watching the up and coming talent at on3. Checking in here when I can, trying to stay out of trouble 🙂🤙.
I'm keeping an eye on you.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaemekon
I believe Fred is getting more help from Trev’s staff at Han he did during Moos’s tenure. One plus was getting rid of Doc. He was dead weight in recruiting. Fred might not like recruiting but IMO he would be very effective in closing in living rooms. Kids want to play and moms want a coach who is going to treat their son well. We need to sell playing time and the fact that you can make it to the NBA from Nebraska.

Doc was here in a non-recruiting off-the-court role. He had no recruiting responsibilities.

Yes - Timmy had us there and we fired him. He’s our Jim Caldwell.

Timmy was a clown and a mediocre coach. Terran Petteway and Shavon Shields played out of their minds for one month in 2014. Then Timmy pissed away a 20-point lead in the Big Ten tourney and got so badly outreached by Scott Drew in the NCAA Tournament, that he threw a fit and got ejected.

Then the next year with everyone returning and a preseason Top 25 ranking, he proceeded to go 13-18 with losses to Incarnate Word and Hawaii.

In addition to Incarnate Word and Hawaii, his tenure also included home losses to Gardner-Webb, Samford, and Kent State. He finished with a worse winning percentage than Sadler and left Hoiberg with basically one player, Thor, who was a mid-major talent at best.

The one season that he managed to win 20 games, was only because it was the worst season in the history of Big Ten Basketball, where finishing 4th in the league barely made it into the NIT and suffered a bad loss in the first round there.

Hoiberg has been very bad, but let's not pretend that Miles was anything but a failure here who managed to leave the program in worse shape than even Sadler and Collier did.

Reactions: bigboxes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT