ADVERTISEMENT

Hard not to go with Kentucky....but to win your office pool it may be smart

huskerbux

Recruiting Coordinator
Aug 24, 2006
Omaha
to go with another team. If/when Kentucky wins, you're going up against 80%+ of the entrants and then you are hoping your picks in the second and third rounds pan out.

I'm in four pools and only have Kentucky winning in one (its in the HOL one to boot). In my money pool, I'm going with Duke. Hoping to catch a good break on the other side of the bracket and have someone knock off the Wildcats -Whisky maybe?

What's the thoughts on the board - other than Kentucky?

I always ask myself, "Self, if your house payment depended on picking the winner, who ya got"? Impossible not to take Kentucky in that scenario, but for an office pool with much less risk at the end? I agree with you. But all this is in-material, because in the end, the Cats will be the champs, I'd take 'em against the field.

The power index (betting guide) has KY at close to 50%. If you were making a bet on just the winner - the entire field of teams has the same odds as KY........I would take the field if I was making that bet.

For pools - KY seems likely to go deep in the tourney. I don't think they really see a challenge until the final round of their region - then likely Wisky or AZ next...both will give them a game in the Final 4.

So ride 'em to the Final 4 and take whoever you think has the 2nd best chance to win the tourney as your champ pick. Seems like a decent idea - I did the same on one of my pools (but took KY on the other 2).

ADVERTISEMENT