ADVERTISEMENT

Harbugh on the Herd

Cowherd is a douche? Gheesh. I think he is easily one of the best sports personalities on the planet. His ratings in everything he does reflect that as well.

Harbaugh is the douche here. I listened to it live as it was unfolding and couldn't believe the way Jim was acting. Why bother to agree to go on if you're going to act like that?

Before I heard that interview, I would have taken Harbaugh over MR 7 days a week, after that interview I am soooo glad we got MR. Yes I know, Hargod was never coming here, it was never gonna happen, but anyone not wearing Michigan underoos has to be laughing their ass of at that guy right now. Pretty easy to see how his time is going to end there.

Was Harbaugh high? I by no means a Cowherd guy (I miss SVP already), but Cowherd asked great open ended questions and Harbaugh was a total d-bag. Most of the questions were super easy too. 'What are the differences in hours from pro to college?' What a easy question that is also interesting.

Harbaugh is a douche.

Cowherd is a douche? Gheesh. I think he is easily one of the best sports personalities on the planet. His ratings in everything he does reflect that as well.

Harbaugh is the douche here. I listened to it live as it was unfolding and couldn't believe the way Jim was acting. Why bother to agree to go on if you're going to act like that?

Before I heard that interview, I would have taken Harbaugh over MR 7 days a week, after that interview I am soooo glad we got MR. Yes I know, Hargod was never coming here, it was never gonna happen, but anyone not wearing Michigan underoos has to be laughing their ass of at that guy right now. Pretty easy to see how his time is going to end there.

agree .... that was entirely on Harbaugh
Colin before and to his credit even after stated how he was a big Harbaugh fan and believed Michigan was going to win big in the future

but man that was absolutely horrible on the part of Harbaugh ..... to the point where Colin said if he was a recruit listening he owuld go to Ohio State

Colin before and to his credit even after stated how he was a big Harbaugh fan and believed Michigan was going to win big in the future

but man that was absolutely horrible on the part of Harbaugh ..... to the point where Colin said if he was a recruit listening he owuld go to Ohio State

Didn't mean for it to come across that Cowherd was at fault. But I do think he is a douche...overall. Have never liked him.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Somehow locked my own thread on this (pathetic I know).... Anyway, that was a total train wreck. I'm in the minority around here, I actually like Cowherd. But how anyone could defend JH on this is beyond me. Cowherd was trying to be lighthearted and serve up some softballs... Cowherd actually comparing JH to Pelini right now.

Didn't mean for it to come across that Cowherd was at fault. But I do think he is a douche...overall. Have never liked him.
Didnt listen to it. Dont need to in order to think they are both douches.

They both do well at their respective professions. Douches though. Summer's Eve both of em.

I bet if you took a poll of all he people who know who Cowherd is, and split up the people who think he's great, vesus those who think he's a douche, you'd find the one's who think he's a douche live in cold weather states who football programs aren't what they once were. No different than somebody holding onto a lousy stock and refuses to admit the naysayers were right.

I get it if guys don't like Cowherd... But to me JH was somewhat pissy from the jump and then when he got confused on "buy" and "bye" he decided to shut it down and be an ass... May not like Cowherd, but honestly don't know how he could've done any better. He even was trying to "kiss up" to JH.
Its a radio show, there has to be a conversation. And if JH doesn't want to have a conversation not much Cowherd can do.

I bet if you took a poll of all he people who know who Cowherd is, and split up the people who think he's great, vesus those who think he's a douche, you'd find the one's who think he's a douche live in cold weather states who football programs aren't what they once were. No different than somebody holding onto a lousy stock and refuses to admit the naysayers were right.

When I tuned into Cowherd I don't even remember him mentioning Nebraska football. So at least for me, your theory is incorrect.

I get it if guys don't like Cowherd... But to me JH was somewhat pissy from the jump and then when he got confused on "buy" and "bye" he decided to shut it down and be an ass... May not like Cowherd, but honestly don't know how he could've done any better. He even was trying to "kiss up" to JH.
Its a radio show, there has to be a conversation. And if JH doesn't want to have a conversation not much Cowherd can do.

Do you really believe, for even a split second, a guy as smart as Hargod didn't know what Cowherd was talking about when he said the B1G seemed like a buy? Hargod was being a freaking piss ant and he's getting crushed nationally for it, and he should. To top it off, he went on Twitter and called Cowherd trash afterwards, which I am betting he has since removed after the backlash from acting like an ass hat has finally hit him.

It was voluntarily. If he didn't want to be there, then why did he go there? Right up until that interview, I love Hargod. Not anymore. He's an ass and it's really easy to see how that relationship will end, and it won't be a pretty split.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Harbaugh is the douche here.
Harbaugh is a douche.
But how anyone could defend JH on this is beyond me.

Harbaugh is a douche because...he's boring on radio?

What exactly 'is on' Harbaugh...not having a bubbly radio persona?

Defend Harbaugh...for not being suitably chatty?

When did did being dull become a douche-worthy offense?

It was a cringe-worthy interview indeed.

But this is classic Harbaugh short direct guarded why all the angst?

I also agree with Cowherd cutting Harbaugh off because radios were resetting all across the country...as would have mine had I not been a Michigan fan.

Btw, the tweet about Cowherd's kids came from a Harbaugh parody account WP.link

Douches gonna douche...right?

Go Blue!

Harbaugh is a douche because...he's boring on radio?

What exactly 'is on' Harbaugh...not having a bubbly radio persona?

Defend Harbaugh...for not being suitably chatty?

When did did being dull become a douche-worthy offense?

It was a cringe-worthy interview indeed.

But this is classic Harbaugh short direct guarded why all the angst?

I also agree with Cowherd cutting Harbaugh off because radios were resetting all across the country...as would have mine had I not been a Michigan fan.

Btw, the tweet about Cowherd's kids came from a Harbaugh parody account WP.link

Douches gonna douche...right?

Go Blue!

He's a douche because he went on a radio show and acted like a dick. He didn't even try to answer questions. Be an adult and hold a conversation.

Do you really believe, for even a split second, a guy as smart as Hargod didn't know what Cowherd was talking about when he said the B1G seemed like a buy? Hargod was being a freaking piss ant and he's getting crushed nationally for it, and he should. To top it off, he went on Twitter and called Cowherd trash afterwards, which I am betting he has since removed after the backlash from acting like an ass hat has finally hit him.

It was voluntarily. If he didn't want to be there, then why did he go there? Right up until that interview, I love Hargod. Not anymore. He's an ass and it's really easy to see how that relationship will end, and it won't be a pretty split.
I'm sure you're right... I guess I was giving him "benefit of the doubt" on the buy/bye thing... Either way I totally agree that JH made himself look like a complete tool. I happen to like Cowherd, but honestly don't see how he did anything to provoke Jimmy.

I listened to a replay of the cowherd show. I've also seen Harbaugh on another interview show (think it was on HBO).

My take. Harbaugh was the same on both interviews. Unless the question really excites him, he will give a very terse, general answer. I don't see what the fuss is about.

Both douches. Little weird...Jim knows how you do a radio hit by now. He was being kind of a tool. I don't get why you go on in the first place if you don't want to do it.

He's a douche because he went on a radio show and acted like a dick. He didn't even try to answer questions. Be an adult and hold a conversation.

He didn't act like a dick he acted dull and boring.

To his credit he did take a crack at humor.

CC: I want to play for Jim
JH: Do you have any eligibility Collin?

CC: I'm a 4.3 wide receiver wide receiver. Why should I play at Michigan?
JH: You are?

This is probably what passes for playful banter with Harbaugh...why no love? Just askin'

He answered every question put to him. I checked but you should verify and report back just to make sure I'm being honest.

I am being an adult.

Is it possible that you started with the notion that Harbaugh is a loathsome, no good, POS douche and this just confirms it...because...it is what you want to believe?

Now that's a good conversation question.

Go Blue!

Vic really? Harbaugh was an idiot today. I love Harbaugh, and I get why you might defend your coach, but that was awful. In the grand scheme of things, he is still going to be a hell of a coach, but Cris Carter should give him a come on MAN!

This is probably what passes for playful banter with Harbaugh...why no love? Just askin'

He answered every question put to him. I checked but you should verify and report back just to make sure I'm being honest.

I am being an adult.

Is it possible that you started with the notion that Harbaugh is a loathsome, no good, POS douche and this just confirms it...because...it is what you want to believe?

Go Blue!
gtfo-1.gif

Reactions: Soda Popinski
Vic if you're going to attempt to defend that freaking douchebag of a coach today your fingers are going to get all cramped up. You do realize the score is like 132-4 in terms of people who think JH is a total douchebag after that abortion of an interview? Figures the guy with Maize and Blue underwear is OK with it.

Vic really? Harbaugh was an idiot today. I love Harbaugh, and I get why you might defend your coach, but that was awful. In the grand scheme of things, he is still going to be a hell of a coach, but Cris Carter should give him a come on MAN!

It was an awful interview, he was stiff, wooden & terse I get it.

They were lazy softball questions and Harbaugh doesn't do well in those types of interviews he never has and probably never will, He's not that kind of guy.

Honestly now point to the part specifically where where you thought he was being an idiot rather than where he was just a poor interview subject.

Give me a quote.

CC: How's your wife, Jim?
JH: She thinks you're a jerk, Collin.

Now that would be behaving like an idiot but I saw nothing like that.

He was not rude nor was he disrespectful at any time.

Go Blue!

Vic, dig that hole just a little deeper would ya, I get a kick out of it. I guess the whole world has it all wrong, and you're the one with the keen insight. Cool.

Think some fans are having a little buyers remorse with Harbaugh ?...The guy is a nut job and will wear everyone around him out within the next 5 years...plus he is socially and oddball

Vic if you're going to attempt to defend that freaking douchebag of a coach today your fingers are going to get all cramped up. You do realize the score is like 132-4 in terms of people who think JH is a total douchebag after that abortion of an interview? Figures the guy with Maize and Blue underwear is OK with it.

Defend him from what?

The fact that he is a poor interview subject?

132 people on Harbaugh successful committed coach :::whatever:::
132 people on Harbaugh good husband and father :::rolling eyes:::
132 people on Harbaugh goes to Peru builds houses for poor people. :::move along nothing to see here:::
132 people on Harbaugh raising $102,000 for Laurens First and Goal foundation for brain cancer :::yawn:::

132 people on bad interview :::WHAT A &*#%)@ NO GOOD DEGENERATE DOUCHEBAG THAT JIM HARBAUGH IS!!!!:::

Dude.

Your 132 people had made up their minds on Harbaugh before the interview not after.

It's good to be one of four and my fingers are fine thank you very much.

Go Blue!

Think some fans are having a little buyers remorse with Harbaugh ?...The guy is a nut job and will wear everyone around him out within the next 5 years...plus he is socially and oddball

Not if he wins.

Go Blue!

Vic you should be over on the Michigan board setting your own fans straight. Even they disagree with you, but like I said, you're the one with the keen insight, thanks for stopping by and sharing your wisdom with us!

It was an awful interview, he was stiff, wooden & terse I get it.

They were lazy softball questions and Harbaugh doesn't do well in those types of interviews he never has and probably never will, He's not that kind of guy.

Honestly now point to the part specifically where where you thought he was being an idiot rather than where he was just a poor interview subject.

Give me a quote.

CC: How's your wife, Jim?
JH: She thinks you're a jerk, Collin.

Now that would be behaving like an idiot but I saw nothing like that.

He was not rude nor was he disrespectful at any time.

Go Blue!

We speak like we're experts on the subject of coaches that act like jerks, well, because we are experts on coaches that act like jerks. We have had dozens of threads on this board just like this over the past 10 years, but Callahan and Pellini were the subjects, not JH. We get it, we know what you're saying, because we said it too. Looking back, we now know that those were just the first signs that things weren't going to end well.

I am being an adult.

Go Blue!

He doesn't do well with softball questions? He went on a national radio show and refused to give any real answers (I realize that you think, "ummm yeah" is an answer, but it isn't on a radio show, it's the equivalent to silence).

If it was the CEO of Pepsi, would this be an acceptable interview? He is the face of the brand and he acting like a d bag on national radio. He never gave one reasonable answer. Every answer was veiled with arrogance/'I'm-better-than-this" attitude.

I never really had an opinion on Harbaughs personality before this because I never really followed a team that he coached. I've heard rumors that he is an ass, but I never really cared. Instead of everybody on this board already having a negative opinion of him, maybe you just have your mind made up that he is infallible.

Vic, I didn't listen to it, but the reaction has been pretty universal. Even if I were to buy into your premise, the problem is that pretty much everybody thinks he was a horse's patoot. And that is a problem. Much more so when the journalistic world thinks that. Journalists defend each other pretty fiercely and they never forget when you are a jerk to one of their own. And so you can count on much negative journalism to start following him around. The eyes and ears will be focused on every interview he does, picking apart every word and casting dispersions even when there are none to be found. It takes a while to get the world of journalism to ever forgive you for such outrage. Harbaugh better eat some humble pie and work with the University on his PR and how he conducts interviews, etc or he will bury himself in short order.

Go to the Michigan site where someone cares. I don't come over to your site because... I really don't care about UM.

Look, he is clearly not that way at home with his kids and family. I am sure when he kid shows him an A he earned on a test JH doesn't go "Hmmmm" and sit there in silence.

He was being a difficult.

It's true; Harbaugh wasn't being a jerk. I think Cowherd just wanted to be asked what he thought after JH answered, "I don't know" to an open-ended question. For instance, if asked in a post-game interview about the game, he might answer, "I don't know, you guys watched the game, what did you think?"

I might learn to hate Harbaugh, but I don't hate him at this moment.
I didn't listen to the interview.
Because of Cowherd.

Do not like that guy.
He is a little uppity psuedo-intellectuall dripping douchehorn who needs to be sat down and told that his opinion does not matter and that he looks like a bat mated with some kind of rodent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Law
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT