ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh or Bo

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
Is Harbaugh equal to or greater than Bo? You be the judge.

The first 5 years of Bo and harbaugh.

BO 48- 20 record (3 10 win season)
JH 47-18 (3 10 wins season)

BO 2-3 bowl record
JH 1-4 bowl record

BO 0-3 vs top 5 teams
JH 0-4 vs top 5 teams

BO 2-8 vs top 10 teams
JH 1-12 vs top 10 teams

BO 8-12 vs top 25 teams
JH 10-14 vs top 25 teams

Bo average class recruiting ranking 27th
JH average class recruiting ranking 11th (Could make the case he is doing less with more)

Bo average year end ranking 20th
JH average year end ranking 14th (assuming year end ranking 18th ish)

Bo 0-3 in conf championship games
JH 0-0 in conf championship games

Actually looking at this is seems Mich might get some favoritism in the rankings compared to Nebraska.

Last edited:

BO 2-3 bowl record
JH 1-4 bowl record

BO 0-3 vs top 5 teams
JH 0-4 vs top 5 teams

BO 2-8 vs top 10 teams
JH 1-12 vs top 10 teams

BO 8-12 vs top 25 teams
JH 10-14 vs top 25 teams

JH average class recruiting ranking 11th (Could make the case he is doing less with more)

Bo 0-2 in conf championship games

Actually looking at this is seems Mich might get some favoritism in the rankings compared to Nebraska.
Harbaugh is no BO Schembeckler.

BO 2-3 bowl record
JH 1-4 bowl record

BO 0-3 vs top 5 teams
JH 0-4 vs top 5 teams

BO 2-8 vs top 10 teams
JH 1-12 vs top 10 teams

BO 8-12 vs top 25 teams
JH 10-14 vs top 25 teams

Both are good coaches and stupid fans wanted them fired for one reason or another.

Wow the numbers are much closer than I thought. I think Harbaugh has been much closer to breaking through to national title contention. He got hosed by the refs in one game against Ohio State they should have won. Bo feasted on the sunbelt teams of the world for much of his run here and it padded his win totals a bit.

I do think Harbaugh is getting the Bo treatment right now.. in that he's having some decent seasons and people act like the sky is falling. I guess they forgot going 5-7 under Brady Hoke.

They just played a really good Alabama team very tough.. Bama's two late scores made the score look worse than it really was. He lost to Penn State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Alabama this year. Those are all really solid teams but folks are acting like he's done a terrible job.

I don't believe it. Which schools wanted to hire him?
That was 7 years ago. If there were, I doubt it became public if he showed no return interest. If there were schools interested at the time, I have no idea and don't remember. Remember he had a coaching career prior to Nebraska in the NFL and NCAA. If Cally snagged a job in the NFL, Bo for sure could have.

That was 7 years ago. If there were, I doubt it became public if he showed no return interest. If there were schools interested at the time, I have no idea and don't remember. Remember he had a coaching career prior to Nebraska in the NFL and NCAA. If Cally snagged a job in the NFL, Bo for sure could have.
He might have been able to get another position coach job in the NFL. That's it. His defenses after Suh left. were not good enough for a P5 team to even consider him as a DC. EVERYBODY saw the blow outs he gave up to mediocre Wisconsin teams. He screwed himself.

He was the DC for a national championship winning team. I think he could have got a DC job somewhere decent after the heat died down if that was what he was looking to do. Who knows though... it was seven years ago and maybe (just maybe) calling the AD a big C was a red flag

Reactions: husker2612

BO 2-3 bowl record
JH 1-4 bowl record

BO 0-3 vs top 5 teams
JH 0-4 vs top 5 teams

BO 2-8 vs top 10 teams
JH 1-12 vs top 10 teams

BO 8-12 vs top 25 teams
JH 10-14 vs top 25 teams

Actually Bo went to 3 conference title games in his first 4 years. That being said Bo was far more successful than Jim....and he had way less talent to work with No matter his you look at it and you can't spin that fact.

Bo's defense was ran over by only a few teams MAINLY WISCONSIN. Nowadays we get ran over by Ohio State, Iowa, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Colorado AND WISCONSIN......REPEATEDLY!

Actually Bo went to 3 conference title games in his first 4 years. That being said Bo was far more successful than Jim....and he had way less talent to work with No matter his you look at it and you can't spin that fact.

Bo's defense was ran over by only a few teams MAINLY WISCONSIN. Nowadays we get ran over by Ohio State, Iowa, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Colorado AND WISCONSIN......REPEATEDLY!
Are you a Nebraska fan? If so, Pelini hated your guts. The guy absolutely despised Nebraska fans. Spent all his time in a psychotic state convincing his players that the fans were against them. His shit show was headed into the crapper well before he was finally flushed.

Bo cost less. One might argue that we are still digging ourselves out of the deep chasm that he left us in. If Harbaugh were fired tomorrow, I think Michigan would still be OK from a talent and stability perspective.

Are you a Nebraska fan? If so, Pelini hated your guts. The guy absolutely despised Nebraska fans. Spent all his time in a psychotic state convincing his players that the fans were against them. His shit show was headed into the crapper well before he was finally flushed.

He didn't hate me, he didn't like SOME moronic fans and the media. I met Bo at a bowl game and he personally thanked me and my frends for coming out. Some of y'all glum onto ONE QUOTE by Bo in 2011 after some of the students cleared out when we were losing to Ohio State and some attempted to come back in the stadium after we came back and eventually won the game.

Some of the candyass snowflake fans need to grow a pair, get over yourselves and Not take everything so damn personal! I'm guessing some of y'all couldn't ever be fans of coaches like Nick Saban, Roy Williams, Bobby Knight, Dabo Sweeney and I can go on and on.....coaches who hated and cussed out the media and called out fans constantly.

Harvey Perlman is the reason why the program is where it's at.....If he kept his haiting meddling ass out of the koolaid we wouldn't be missing 3 bowls in a row and be in this situation we in right now! Some of you fans need to stop being so easily butt hurt....you must have been one of the ones he talked about.

He didn't hate me, he didn't like SOME moronic fans and the media. I met Bo at a bowl game and he personally thanked me and my frends for coming out. Some of y'all glum onto ONE QUOTE by Bo in 2011 after some of the students cleared out when we were losing to Ohio State and some attempted to come back in the stadium after we came back and eventually won the game.

Some of the candyass snowflake fans need to grow a pair, get over yourselves and Not take everything so damn personal! I'm guessing some of y'all couldn't ever be fans of coaches like Nick Saban, Roy Williams, Bobby Knight, Dabo Sweeney and I can go on and on.....coaches who hated and cussed out the media and called out fans constantly.

Harvey Perlman is the reason why the program is where it's at.....If he kept his haiting meddling ass out of the koolaid we wouldn't be missing 3 bowls in a row and be in this situation we in right now! Some of you fans need to stop being so easily butt hurt....you must have been one of the ones he talked about.
Pelini was bad head coach, period. The fact that he was friendly to you once doesn't change that.

BO 2-3 bowl record
JH 1-4 bowl record

BO 0-3 vs top 5 teams
JH 0-4 vs top 5 teams

BO 2-8 vs top 10 teams
JH 1-12 vs top 10 teams

BO 8-12 vs top 25 teams
JH 10-14 vs top 25 teams

No contest Harbaugh

THANK YOU!

He reminds me a little of TO in the 70s. Has a pretty good team every year but can't beat their rival.
That's the comparison I think of as well. In personality, a lot more like Bo, but the status of the program is more like TO after his first 5 years. Harbaugh really needs a top QB (not just a good QB, but a All-American or top NFL draft pick quality QB). That's the quality of QB at OSU that's been beating him. Right now OSU is at a higher level talent-wise than the rest of the conference including Michigan, but it's really the QB that's the difference. Michigan can recruit well enough across the board to match OSU's overall talent, but they need a QB.

Clearly, Michigan is much closer to competing than Nebraska. But luckily things change quickly in college football, and hope springs eternal. Unless Harbaugh gets frustrated and bolts, I think it's just a matter of time. And the best part for them (and us) is that once someone catches up to OSU, then they're right in the picture for a National Championship and not just a conference title.

Carl, is that you?

Bo turned a sure win over Texas A & M into a heartbreaking loss wiith his infantile tantrums. He lost other games being called for unsportsmanlike conduct at critical points. The refs absolutely hated him. We received bad calls game after game, year after year, because his ugly mouth was always wide open and screaming at them. When he was chewing out a player on the sideline, it made my blood boil. Then he hires Carl. Who doesn't know Carl's rap sheet?

Reactions: bigboxes
Bo turned a sure win over Texas A & M into a heartbreaking loss wiith his infantile tantrums. He lost other games being called for unsportsmanlike conduct at critical points. The refs absolutely hated him. We received bad calls game after game, year after year, because his ugly mouth was always wide open and screaming at them. When he was chewing out a player on the sideline, it made my blood boil. Then he hires Carl. Who doesn't know Carl's rap sheet?

Yeah riiiiight!

Bo was such a lousy HC the slob never could get even remotely close to having losing seasons. Seven years and never could lose enough for our current genius fans. Callahan, Smiling Mike & HCSF .......never had that problem.

Reactions: oldjar07

BO 2-3 bowl record
JH 1-4 bowl record

BO 0-3 vs top 5 teams
JH 0-4 vs top 5 teams

BO 2-8 vs top 10 teams
JH 1-12 vs top 10 teams

BO 8-12 vs top 25 teams
JH 10-14 vs top 25 teams

actually not far off. There isn’t much of a difference between the two Coaches. I’d have to say Jim though...at least he can recruit. Bo wasn’t good at it at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT