ADVERTISEMENT

Happy New Year from the Grand Canyon!

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
I'm halfway through my trip. Heading to Durango tomorrow. Can't believe I spent 8.5 hours in the park today. Got some fantastic shots. Here's some quick pics with the phone. Don't have time to upload from the Nikon while I'm on the road.
20160101_125430_zpsgrfnxkku.jpg

I've been to the north and south rim. I always tell people picures don't do the Grand Canyon justice. It's pretty breathtaking in person.

Those are sweet pics BB. I haven't been there since 1980. It's on my bucket list to go back and take the family.

Are you going to check out Mesa Verde and the cliff dwellings? Pretty cool this time of year with the lack of tourism!
+1 on Mesa Verde.

Also, be sure to get good road reports. Wolf Creek Pass has already had more than 200 inches of snow this winter.

I wanted to get to Lake Powell this summer to see the canyons covered by water for 50 years, now exposed by the drought, but didn't make it.

the grand canyon has been completely filled with water 6 different times in it's history. it will happen again---so now is the time to get in on some water front property while the price is low.

ADVERTISEMENT