ADVERTISEMENT

Happy for the Big Ten

Jim Delany should un-retire for one day.

Demand a one day payment of $1 to come in and slap the shit out of Kevin Warren
I would do it for $1. Heck, I would PAY $1 to do it. Sorta like the dunking booth at the fair. “Step right up folks, slap the s*** outa KW, only one dollar!”
There would be a line of people a mile long, waiting their turn.

Reactions: Lars72
I would do it for $1. Heck, I would PAY $1 to do it. Sorta like the dunking booth at the fair. “Step right up folks, slap the s*** outa KW, only one dollar!”
There would be a line of people a mile long, waiting their turn.
I can visualize that line looking similar to this...

Reactions: aNUstart and 54T
That they won’t get shut out of the playoff (most likely) because of their stupidity. But doesn’t this frost your muffins? What the hell? Nebraska wants to play and/or change the rule and they should shut up. Buckeyes want to and OF COURSE WE WILL!
Big10 is not what they try to portray themselves to be - not this high and mighty group with high standards. They showed $ > principles. Hey a lot of us are that way. Big10 just finally admitted they were too. They are no different than anyone else and just full of shit

Money
Brut force
Hot chicks

one of these three will almost always make the decision. Here it’s money to the conference and the mental brut force of the previous stupid decisions that “forced” the conference to change their “rules of unity” since they showed their brilliance by making no margin of error the standard.

Until the conference leadership decides to plan and use critical thinking as part of their daily standard operating procedures, nothing will really change.

i see a great deal of evidence that our Mens athletic programs have done nothing but suck since joining this league. Start being relevant and see how we’re treated. Until then keep sitting @ the kids table.

If Nebraska were in this position the league would 100% do the same thing. OSU wanted to schedule an OOC game as well...

i see a great deal of evidence that our Mens athletic programs have done nothing but suck since joining this league. Start being relevant and see how we’re treated. Until then keep sitting @ the kids table.
I’m sure you felt cool and tough when you wrote than drivel. But it’s 100% BS.

If the difference between a team in and not in the “CFP final 4” is $2million to the league or roughly $143,000 a school, almost makes it worth rooting for the purple. Not saying I will but that amount isn’t life altering for the schools in the conference. If they say it is then they need to have the accountants investigated and removed from the checkbook.

If the difference between a team in and not in the “CFP final 4” is $2million to the league or roughly $143,000 a school, almost makes it worth rooting for the purple. Not saying I will but that amount isn’t life altering for the schools in the conference. If they say it is then they need to have the accountants investigated and removed from the checkbook.

The difference is much more. 300,000 is guaranteed, the rest is a split of the revenue earned.

I get it. NU, Coach Frost and Bill Moos were right all along. the hypocrisy of the B1G is beyond evident.

however, I do not oppose the changing of arbitrary rules to appease the biggest fish in the pond. if NU was repeatedly representing the conference in the playoff like ohio does, I have all the faith in the world we'd receive the same preferential treatment.
Yep

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I’m okay with the BIG allowing OSU into the conference championship game. They are the best team in the conference and will likely win the game. I don’t believe that they have any chance to beat Alabama(likely opponent), in the playoffs. gbr

Neb, Rutgers , Iowa or anyone playing dominant and undefeated would have gotten the same championship game

Ohio State looks good compared to the rest of the hot garbage Big10 this year, but I just don’t think they are all that great and will likely get drubbed in the playoffs. Their DBs were just embarassing vs Indiana.

Indiana is getting screwed because the Big Ten leaders do not know how to plan for contingencies.

But, it appears the Indiana administration rolled over for their Big Ten masters in the unanimous vote to allow OSU to replace them in the Big Ten title game. So, I guess I shouldn't fell sorry for them.

I haven't been to any of their message boards. I wonder how their fans feel about being OSUs and the Big Tens little bitch. :)

Reactions: baseball31ne
Maybe...at this point I'm thinking they are blowing up the whole east vs west in neutral site dome stadiums and instead try and play some of the traditional rivalries that were cancelled. Guessing it will be the following assuming everyone can play (which is a huge assumption) and there will be no rematches from earlier this year.

OSU- NW in Indianapolis
Minn @ Wisc
Purdue @ Indiana

Iowa or Nebraska @ Rutgers
MSU @ Maryland
Nebraska or Iowa @ Michigan
Illinois @ Penn St

East teams will host as before COVID it was the year that East was to get 5 home games and 4 road games.

I get the idea of Wisconsin playing Minnesota because it is the longest played game between two schools in Division 1 history..

But after that it should be :
Indiana/ Ioway
Michigan St / Maryland
Nebraska/ Rutgers
Michigan/ Purdue
Penn St/ Illinois..

Purdue and Indiana is a big rivalry but nothing like Wisconsin and Minnesota

Indiana and Ioway need to play to find out which team goes to a better bowl game..Fiesta could grab another B1G team..

Reactions: sandiegohawk
Indiana is getting screwed because the Big Ten leaders do not know how to plan for contingencies.

But, it appears the Indiana administration rolled over for their Big Ten masters in the unanimous vote to allow OSU to replace them in the Big Ten title game. So, I guess I shouldn't fell sorry for them.

I haven't been to any of their message boards. I wonder how their fans feel about being OSUs and the Big Tens little bitch. :)
An Ohio state beat Indiana head to head

I get the idea of Wisconsin playing Minnesota because it is the longest played game between two schools in Division 1 history..

But after that it should be :
Indiana/ Ioway
Michigan St / Maryland
Nebraska/ Rutgers
Michigan/ Purdue
Penn St/ Illinois..

Purdue and Indiana is a big rivalry but nothing like Wisconsin and Minnesota

Indiana and Ioway need to play to find out which team goes to a better bowl game..Fiesta could grab another B1G team..
Yeah, Iowa needs a chance to do something they haven't done this year — beat a team with a winning record.
Indiana vs. Iowa.

Reactions: sandiegohawk
Yeah, Iowa needs a chance to do something they haven't done this year — beat a team with a winning record.
Indiana vs. Iowa.

If they don’t match them up then Indiana should get the Fiesta bowl bid unless NW pulls the biggest upset in B1G CCG history...

Reactions: 9and4
An Ohio state beat Indiana head to head
Correct. In the previous Big Ten rules, I believe that was the second criteria to be considered, right after winning percentage. Which OSU would probably have the winning percentage, so head to head wouldn't apply.

But to be considered, Big Ten teams need to have 6 wins. OSU doesn't have six wins, so they are not in consideration of the criteria you state.

Correct. In the previous Big Ten rules, I believe that was the second criteria to be considered, right after winning percentage. Which OSU would probably have the winning percentage, so head to head wouldn't apply.

But to be considered, Big Ten teams need to have 6 wins. OSU doesn't have six wins, so they are not in consideration of the criteria you state.

Take into consideration that the playoff committee puts emphasis on who wins conference championships as a criteria who the top 4 teams are...

They would have to answer why is Ohio st in the top 4 when they didn’t win their CCG..

Already beating Indiana is good enough for me that they should represent the East division...

Take into consideration that the playoff committee puts emphasis on who wins conference championships as a criteria who the top 4 teams are...

They would have to answer why is Ohio st in the top 4 when they didn’t win their CCG..

Already beating Indiana is good enough for me that they should represent the East division...
OK, if they are looking for the #4 spot, they would be compared against a SEC or ACC team that did not win their conference.

If the Big Ten wants to change the rules to say that beating Indiana is good enough to represent the east, that is fine., I guess. EDIT, took statement that could be considered political.

Last edited:
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
OK, if they are looking for the #4 spot, they would be compared against a SEC or ACC team that did not win their conference.

During a normal regular season without Covid I agree with your point..

For sake of argument let’s say, Florida beats Alabama and Clemson beats ND ( which they will) who are the 4 teams that get in the 4 team playoffs?

For sake of argument let’s Florida beats Alabama and Clemson beats ND ( which they will) who are the 4 teams that get in the 4 team playoffs?
To be honest, that is the Playoff Committees decision. They have their criteria, which are probably arbitrary, but they are kind of known.

There are always grumblings about their decisions and now we have the Big Ten changing their rules at the end of the season, because they did not get the results that they wanted. Poor planning on the Big Tens part, but it seems that most people, including the Indiana administration are fine with it. It seems like the all mighty dollar has won out and we should not worry about rules and process.

To be honest, that is the Playoff Committees decision. They have their criteria, which are probably arbitrary, but they are kind of known.

There are always grumblings about their decisions and now we have the Big Ten changing their rules at the end of the season, because they did not get the results that they wanted. Poor planning on the Big Tens part, but it seems that most people, including the Indiana administration are fine with it. It seems like the all mighty dollar has won out and we should not worry about rules and process.
of course they're fine with it

every single B1G member school administration is packed with spineless, dickless, nutless teetotalers incapable of anything remotely resembling dissent

For sake of argument let’s say, Florida beats Alabama and Clemson beats ND ( which they will) who are the 4 teams that get in the 4 team playoffs?

Not Ohio State! There is no 100% guarantee that OSU makes it to the playoff with a 6-0 record. Every good team, that is not in the Big 10/PAC 12, will call foul and rip the season, the schedule and the competition OSU played, as well as the 11th-hour, back door handout the league just gave them.

Good luck to OSU if they make it. Good luck to the Big 10 leader to keep his job.

You guys traded being Texas' beotch for being Ohio States' beotch.

So glad to be in the SEC.
So you can be Alabama’s beotch. Your gonna need way more 💰💰💰💰💼💼💼 than you have now.

That they won’t get shut out of the playoff (most likely) because of their stupidity. But doesn’t this frost your muffins? What the hell? Nebraska wants to play and/or change the rule and they should shut up. Buckeyes want to and OF COURSE WE WILL!
Yes...Big Ten Leadership is a sh@& show. Think of “Keystone Cops” or the most awkward episode you can ever remember of the Three Stooges. Embarassing. Queue Moe slapping Alvarez (I’ll call him Curly) on the face. “Woo woo woo!!!” I have Desmond Howard at least has the balls this Saturday to speak to the hypocrisy because he was an ass hat when Neb wanted to play another game and were denied.

ADVERTISEMENT