ADVERTISEMENT

Hannity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair trade or free trade? I am against Trump's trade policies for the most part. Competition is better for ALL 300 + Americans. Not for the few million who may benefit from his trade policies. Competition keeps prices down (and quality up) so that me may spend on other products.

This one will probably piss you off. There is not one American alive today who is more critical of Federal spending on space exploration than I. I have heard all the arguments for it and they are all wrong. I wish I was in Congress to piss off America over this issue.
it is not fair or free if one side heavily subsidizes a product in order to run the other competition out of business while at the same time setting up a maze of rules and institutions to make trade impossible to achieve.
not sure about the space spending although most articles i have read coming out the 1960's said the long term return to humankind far exceeded what was considered excessive at the time.
as for being a conservative democrat, isnt that trump? he sure isnt your fathers republican. there are no conservative dems left in the democratic party. joe is demented and cameltoe is as marxist as they come.

it is not fair or free if one side heavily subsidizes a product in order to run the other competition out of business while at the same time setting up a maze of rules and institutions to make trade impossible to achieve.
not sure about the space spending although most articles i have read coming out the 1960's said the long term return to humankind far exceeded what was considered excessive at the time.
as for being a conservative democrat, isnt that trump? he sure isnt your fathers republican. there are no conservative dems left in the democratic party. joe is demented and cameltoe is as marxist as they come.

Exactly. I just can't grasp how the Dims love those two. Or how anybody could. I guess only the Dims know why.

I never said or hinted covid hasn't made a difference. Trump's response has been the problem. He has resisted advice from pretty much everyone else. His pre-covid economy was overrated anyway. He continued the trend of Obama and did so with increased deficits and spending.

So gaining 400000 manufacturing j8ba was overrated.

Black women starting more businesses than anyone was overrated.

The low income workers had the highest cost raise during his economy

Fauci said on Feb 27ty that the flu was more of a concern than the virus. His expert.

Me thinks you have no clue what you are talking about.

Fauci said on Feb 27ty that the flu was more of a concern than the virus. His expert.

I Think your post is 100% on the money. If it's too brutally difficult for the snowflakes to comprehend.....well, it's nothing new.

I believe we have lost manufacturing jobs since the Orange POS.
We could create all the manufacturing jobs we need through infrastructure investment.
Here it comes ...

I Think your post is 100% on the money. If it's too brutally difficult for the snowflakes to comprehend.....well, it's nothing new.

You must be the snowflake. And economic policy lazy.

We could create all the manufacturing jobs we need through infrastructure investment.
Here it comes ...

C’mon... can’t you read chart. Obama did all that. It just took a bit for it to kick in under Trump.

Did I do that right catcher boy?

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15

We can create all the jobs we need through Federal investment, especially infrastructure. Are you aware that a modern steel plant can produce the same amount of product with many fewer employees. Furthermore, these plants can increase or decrease production with with very little change in production. To have any sizable increase in employment, we need to increase demand sizably. One final point is that foreign producers of manufactured goods will ALSO continue to adapt new technology. So they will also produce cheaper.

C’mon... can’t you read chart. Obama did all that. It just took a bit for it to kick in under Trump.

Did I do that right catcher boy?

Kicking in for lower numbers? That's not what we want. And with high deficits? Crappy healthcare and crappy infrastructure? With little to none improvement in the poverty rate? (Don't fool yourself. White poverty is increasing now.)

Here it comes ...

Here it comes ...
Infrastructure is a zero sum game. Manufacturing needs 2 things to matter in regards to the macro-economy:

1. Value added aspect of the process

2. A reasonable amount of exports

Infrastructure spending accomplishes neither of those, so its essentially just shuffling assets from one hand to the other.

Infrastructure is a zero sum game. Manufacturing needs 2 things to matter in regards to the macro-economy:

1. Value added aspect of the process

2. A reasonable amount of exports

Infrastructure spending accomplishes neither of those, so its essentially just shuffling assets from one hand to the other.

Infrastructure creates more jobs, thus putting more money into the hands of more workers. Infrastructure improves productivity (better transportation for goods and services (plumbers stuck in traffic is not a good thing)) and reduces waste (i.e. Flint, fewer people made ill by bad water).
Do you really want us to spend MORE on healthcare because of more sick and injured people?
More employment is even the best way to fund SS and Medicare as more people make more money.

Unemployment was tending down until Obama took over, and bad Democrat policies caused it to shoot up to around 17% in 2010. Luckily private sector usually can adjust and heal itself.

MW-GK203_U6RATE_20180601115441_MG.png

For God's sake he paid a $25 million settlement! That's not nuisance value. READ SOMETHING!
There is way, way, way more to this story than you will ever read in the liberal biased media. There could be several class-action lawsuits against every educational “institution” (Including most major Universities) every year. Quit assuming editorials masquerading as factual news on CNN are true. Always ask: who is writing this story, where do they likely stand politically, and what’s their real motivation in writing this story. Every story has SOME level of political bias.

Reactions: huntered
Unemployment was tending down until Obama took over, and bad Democrat policies caused it to shoot up to around 17% in 2010. Luckily private sector usually can adjust and heal itself.

MW-GK203_U6RATE_20180601115441_MG.png

Unemployment was trending UP. Around 2007, unemployment was 4.7% and Obama entered office with it rising at around 7.7%. It peaked at close to 10% until it headed back down in 2010. For further proof, in FY2007 the deficit was about $160 billion. For FY2008, before Obama took office, the deficit more than doubled to over $400 billion. That is attributable to large job losses ... under W.

Unemployment was trending UP. Around 2007, unemployment was 4.7% and Obama entered office with it rising at around 7.7%. It peaked at close to 10% until it headed back down in 2010. For further proof, in FY2007 the deficit was about $160 billion. For FY2008, before Obama took office, the deficit more than doubled to over $400 billion. That is attributable to large job losses ... under W.

Yep always someone else’s fault huh? Last month unemployment rate was lower than all of 2011 and 2010. I mean we are in a pandemic and the unemployment rate is lower than Obama’s fourth year in office.

Infrastructure creates more jobs, thus putting more money into the hands of more workers. Infrastructure improves productivity (better transportation for goods and services (plumbers stuck in traffic is not a good thing)) and reduces waste (i.e. Flint, fewer people made ill by bad water).
Do you really want us to spend MORE on healthcare because of more sick and injured people?
More employment is even the best way to fund SS and Medicare as more people make more money.
The point of diminishing returns on infrastructure is very low. If it wasn't, then the answer to the economy would simply be to build more and more roads, continually upgrade utilities, and disregard demand for it. Historically, the US has done an excellent job of meeting demand for infrastruture and it will never have more than a fractional effect on the economy unless we have another population boom like the 50s and 60s.

My thoughts on American politics...Imagine being on different teams and believing you're an All American starter on a top 5 team when in reality you're all on the same D3 team and you don't even have access to that locker room much less the field.
The preferences of the average American appear to have only a minuscule, near zero, statistically non-significant impact upon public policy.” - Princeton University Study.
But there’s a twist…this statistic only holds true to the opinion of the bottom 90% of income earners in America. Big spenders, business interests, and lobbyists with a sizable budget can still influence public policy.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The point of diminishing returns on infrastructure is very low. If it wasn't, then the answer to the economy would simply be to build more and more roads, continually upgrade utilities, and disregard demand for it. Historically, the US has done an excellent job of meeting demand for infrastruture and it will never have more than a fractional effect on the economy unless we have another population boom like the 50s and 60s.

We have put off infrastructure spending for a long time. Of course, we can build only so many roads. There is plenty to be done regarding water treatment, ports, high speed internet, education, health care, etc. We will never run out of infrastructure work. Infrastructure always ages. Infrastructure is always vulnerable to the environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT