ADVERTISEMENT

Hannity

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, before any of you libs go complaining about the moderator being from Fox, Chris Wallace is a registered Dem, and the son of ultra-lib Mike Wallace. He is fair and will be hard on both candidates.

I can't believe anyone thinks Biden is going to do well without a teleprompter, since he has trouble with one. Complain about Trump all you want but he gave us a heck of an economy. Biden gave us nothing in 47 years, yet all of a sudden people believe his senility will allow him to do wonderous things for the USA after spending years giving things to China (except Hunters money which came from China and Russia).

It's not Biden that worries me, it's his minions that control him that worry me. JMHO. GBA/GBR

Reactions: timnsun
If there is clear and concrete evidence of irregularities, not something Trump says to preempt a transition, there might be media that will criticize him, but those stories would have significantly less traction. It seems everyone on here misses the point of a free and independent media in our society. For all the talk about totalitarian states, Trump's incessant attacks on the media comes straight from the dictator playbook. Is there biased media? Yes. Both left and right. But to the extent that you know that your government is corrupt or your local power plant is dumping coal ash into your water supply it's almost always because of a journalist. Do you think businesses and government report on their own malfeasance? Trump and his followers hate any media critical of him. Some people seem to be under the impression that anything short of fawning praise of Trump is biased. He's the damn POTUS, and what he says matters.

The idea behind a free and independent media is that it will hold the government in check. The problem is that we do not have an independent media - far from it. The vast majority of the media leans left and their "reporting" is clear on this. The few true journalists that remain are usually ridiculed, disregarded as being unreliable sources, or outright ignored because far too many people in this country have been propagandized to the point that they don't recognize the truth for what it is.

"safe spaces"
Think about who pushes for those, and why. Remember timnsum, before the internet his kind had near universal control of the narrative thru the legacy media. Now information is easier to access and there is more of it. The marketplace of ideas is exactly what he does NOT want. The answer to a world full of problems isn't less information and less conversation. It is more information and more conversations. I get that it is exhausting. But things worth having tend to require hard work.
I don’t disagree, but I also think for far too many people, they don’t do the hard work you are calling for here. They accept what they read without further digging. That’s what worries me.

I don’t disagree, but I also think for far too many people, they don’t do the hard work you are calling for here. They accept what they read without further digging. That’s what worries me.

Something your instinct is correct about: those in the center or right live in a culture where they have no choice but to be exposed to ideas other than their own. So if you are a centrist or right-leaning you came to that belief honestly. By comparison if you are on the left it is very easy to live in a hermetically sealed echo chamber and not have your ideas tested by the culture or the media.

JB: "We prefer truth over facts". If you never have to deal in truth, and you confuse opinions with facts, well, The Washington Post keeps a running fact-check tally of Trump's lies. Over 20,000 so far. You know what 337 of those lies are? That he said 337 times that the Obama administration spied on him. So if you're worried about too many relying on the fact-checkers. You have good reason to feel that way.

"The right is the real Resistance" RedMyMind

Something your instinct is correct about: those in the center or right live in a culture where they have no choice but to be exposed to ideas other than their own. So if you are a centrist or right-leaning you came to that belief honestly. By comparison if you are on the left it is very easy to live in a hermetically sealed echo chamber and not have your ideas tested by the culture or the media.

JB: "We prefer truth over facts". If you never have to deal in truth, and you confuse opinions with facts, well, The Washington Post keeps a running fact-check tally of Trump's lies. Over 20,000 so far. You know what 337 of those lies are? That he said 337 times that the Obama administration spied on him. So if you're worried about too many relying on the fact-checkers. You have good reason to feel that way.

"The right is the real Resistance" RedMyMind
Riiiiiiight. So what do you suggest as an alternative? Fact checkers that deliver the answers you'd prefer to hear because they're more in line with your views? Or perhaps you'd prefer to rely on greasy turds like HBK who can't put together a coherent thought without hurling invective? You do understand that insults are not a basis for determining the veracity of a claim. Fact checkers use impartial criteria, and not all work for WaPo. So what about politifact, for example. They still show Trump lies at a rate heretofore unseen in American society. If that still isn't good enough, then what is the right offering as a platform for impartial criteria? Something that at least attempts to provide objective criteria for discerning fact, opinion and lie? The answer is nothing. Resistance? It's a farce when the party in the WH, with a majority of Senators, and majority of state houses claims to be the resistance.

Riiiiiiight. So what do you suggest as an alternative? Fact checkers that deliver the answers you'd prefer to hear because they're more in line with your views? Or perhaps you'd prefer to rely on greasy turds like HBK who can't put together a coherent thought without hurling invective? You do understand that insults are not a basis for determining the veracity of a claim. Fact checkers use impartial criteria, and not all work for WaPo. So what about politifact, for example. They still show Trump lies at a rate heretofore unseen in American society. If that still isn't good enough, then what is the right offering as a platform for impartial criteria? Something that at least attempts to provide objective criteria for discerning fact, opinion and lie? The answer is nothing. Resistance? It's a farce when the party in the WH, with a majority of Senators, and majority of state houses claims to be the resistance.
Give it up little boy. Go have your mommy wash your favorite BLM shirt and run back to her basement.

Chris Wallace is not even remotely fair. He is a liberal douche of the highest order. With that said, I could care less who moderates, Trump will mop the floor with Biden IF it actually happens.
I dont follow Wallace a ton, but I'm fair minded as a conservative. He has correctly called out Republicans on some of their garbage from time to time. I'm ok with that.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Joe will be able to plausibly deny it because he doesn’t remember it. Probably doesn’t even remember he has a son.
Trump never has to worry about forgetting, he will always lie or just make something up. Then claim fake news when reported. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

After watching all of the riots and can't understand how anybody could vote for the left
Even as a lifelong Republican I can't believe that any human being could vote for Trump. Obviously one would have to completely ignore character. News flash, there will be large numbers of conservatives voting for Biden.

Even as a lifelong Republican I can't believe that any human being could vote for Trump. Obviously one would have to completely ignore character. News flash, there will be large numbers of conservatives voting for Biden.
i cant believe you have half of your original mental capacity. please dont vote, you will just be embarasing yourself. deep state republicans are not representative of the republican party of 2020. who with at least 2 working neurons would vote for Dementia Joe

Reactions: OzzyLvr
RINO

Cant wait till Trump asks Sleepy Joe about Hunter and his deal. Joe will fold like laundry.
Kind of unfair considering only one candidate is held to any semblance of a moral standard. Trump certainly set a precedent...running for office on a platform that lacks scruples basically means you are never subject to inquiry about scruples. Trump has basically broke both elections down to who is coolest and most entertaining...if he could have kept covid deaths south of a quarter million he might have won, although I think he will maintain the office regardless of outcome.

Kind of unfair considering only one candidate is held to any semblance of a moral standard. Trump certainly set a precedent...running for office on a platform that lacks scruples basically means you are never subject to inquiry about scruples. Trump has basically broke both elections down to who is coolest and most entertaining...if he could have kept covid deaths south of a quarter million he might have won, although I think he will maintain the office regardless of outcome.
A moral standard? Whose defining what’s moral? Listening to liberals whine about character and morality is as rich as it can get

Just a few examples:

Imagine that. All left wing fake news

i've never voted for a democrat and i'm 59. i dont really care about parties any more but i will not vote for the republican for the first time ever this year. there are more important things than policy. trump is going to cause a civil war by his get re-elected at all costs approach. there's a reason why college educated citizens vote against trump more than any other group outside african americans.

Imagine what will happen if Biden knocks it out of the park during the first debate.
He's trying. He's resting and getting fitted for an ear piece since even Lefty Chris wallace would probably call him out on a teleprompter.

Reactions: bshirt73
I'm hoping Biden is able to clearly explain what he wants to do.

Bumbling would actually be a benefit. Its expected.

Par for the course. CNN, Hillary, Dementia Joe, Pelosi, etc.....God help us.
Commala, bernie, CNBC, alphabet channels, twitter, facebook, npr, aoc, miss arab minnesota,(sorry can't think of her name who married her brother to get him citizenship) etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT