ADVERTISEMENT

Hannity

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, before any of you libs go complaining about the moderator being from Fox, Chris Wallace is a registered Dem, and the son of ultra-lib Mike Wallace. He is fair and will be hard on both candidates.

I can't believe anyone thinks Biden is going to do well without a teleprompter, since he has trouble with one. Complain about Trump all you want but he gave us a heck of an economy. Biden gave us nothing in 47 years, yet all of a sudden people believe his senility will allow him to do wonderous things for the USA after spending years giving things to China (except Hunters money which came from China and Russia).
Trump “gave us a heck of an economy”...
On the back of a 1.2 trillion dollar deficit, and tax giveaway to corporations that used it to buy back their own stock and artificially drive up the stock market.
And on the back of a 50 billion dollar and counting bribe to farmers to make up for his idiotic, unilateral trade ‘showdown’ with China.
I’d look a lot richer too if I had a credit card with no limit that I never had any intention of paying back (well, I guess I could have my grandchildren pay it off—I’m sure they won’t mind).

Trump “gave us a heck of an economy”...
On the back of a 1.2 trillion dollar deficit, and tax giveaway to corporations that used it to buy back their own stock and artificially drive up the stock market.
And on the back of a 50 billion dollar and counting bribe to farmers to make up for his idiotic, unilateral trade ‘showdown’ with China.
I’d look a lot richer too if I had a credit card with no limit that I never had any intention of paying back (well, I guess I could have my grandchildren pay it off—I’m sure they won’t mind).

This is every president since Clinton.

Reactions: timnsun
Just a few examples:

Vox, The Atlantic, NY Times, NPR...."yawn" Okay, now try again with some real journalism. C,mon, the Atlantic seriously? Does it get any worse than Peter Wehner?

Response to Politico and NY Times:

Trump: "The fact was we did rent to blacks in our building what we didn't do was rent to welfare cases white or black."

Vox, The Atlantic, NY Times, NPR...."yawn" Okay, now try again with some real journalism. C,mon, the Atlantic seriously? Does it get any worse than Peter Wehner?

Response to Politico and NY Times:

Trump: "The fact was we did rent to blacks in our building what we didn't do was rent to welfare cases white or black."
Yes, journalism done by professionals who do actual interviews, pore over documents and official government/business records, checks facts, verifies facts and recognizes when they've made an error. What garbage to you read?

It’s 10:00am and Biden has already called a day. Seriously. No more public appearances or media today. Yesterday he only made it to 9:30am
Yep, and Trump has already said that he wouldn't step down if he lost the election. Literally unprecedented. Yea, democracy!

• Haha
Reactions: baseball31ne
Yes, journalism done by professionals who do actual interviews, pore over documents and official government/business records, checks facts, verifies facts and recognizes when they've made an error. What garbage to you read?

Well, I read your garbage for one!

You know what let's make this simple - I will read anything other than what you posted. How's that?

Yep, and Trump has already said that he wouldn't step down if he lost the election. Literally unprecedented. Yea, democracy!
Link? I’m pretty sure he said it depends on a lot of factors... including mail in ballots and the like. I don’t believe he said he would refuse to step down... again, the media spin is a refusal. The actual words that I saw was it depends on circumstances.

semantics? Maybe... but there is a difference.

If you provide a link that shows him definitively saying he won’t have a peaceful transition of power, I would like to see it.

Well, I read your garbage for one!

You know what let's make this simple - I will read anything other than what you posted. How's that?
How about this. I'm going to link to a media spectrum. You pick the media in the neutral range and I'll send the links your way. For what it's worth, NPR fits into the neutral range, and the Hill leans right, I provided links to both. You pick, but that means no Fox, no NY Post or Breitbart or Washington Times. I'll allow media in the skews right column, just as long as you allow the media in the skews left column.

You support murderers and rapists and liars. I assume you're a crusty old white dude kicking his dog and screaming at black men as they jog down the street.

You acknowledge that you are a Marxist and support child rapists?

Why would you assume he’s a crusty old white dude who screams at black men?

Reactions: bshirt73
Link? I’m pretty sure he said it depends on a lot of factors... including mail in ballots and the like. I don’t believe he said he would refuse to step down... again, the media spin is a refusal. The actual words that I saw was it depends on circumstances.

semantics? Maybe... but there is a difference.

If you provide a link that shows him definitively saying he won’t have a peaceful transition of power, I would like to see it.
Come on man, he's been claiming voter fraud ever since he was elected. Any objective person can discern that this is tantamount to saying if the vote leans in his favor he'll say it was fair. If he loses, and it's close, he'll claim fraud, even if there is no substantiated proof. He already has some people on this board claiming millions upon millions of fraudulent ballots, despite there being no proof of said fraud, if their were the FBI would be all over it.

Absolutely. I also recognize that his predecessor inherited a complete dumpster fire of an economy and huge unemployment. What Trump inherited was a growing economy and low unemployment, despite his claims to the contrary. To his credit he continued to grow the economy, of course Trump and his minions took credit for everything, but them just ain't the facts. There is no doubt that Democrats have failed to meet their promises to the AA and Latino communities, and maybe the Republican party will one day get out of its own way and actually capture a larger share of those demographics, but let's be honest. We have a president who is a very well documented racist, and a Republican party that is almost entirely white. In the words of James Baldwin, "I can't believe what you say because I see what you do."
Remember, Joe says you're not black if you don't vote for him. He says so.

Come on man, he's been claiming voter fraud ever since he was elected. Any objective person can discern that this is tantamount to saying if the vote leans in his favor he'll say it was fair. If he loses, and it's close, he'll claim fraud, even if there is no substantiated proof. He already has some people on this board claiming millions upon millions of fraudulent ballots, despite there being no proof of said fraud, if their were the FBI would be all over it.
And I could equally respond that the media is driving this narrative. He didn’t say he would refuse a peaceful transition of power. He said it depends, which is a smart way to do it. Think about it.

If he said “Yes, I will offer a peaceful transition of power,” and then there were some anomalies that showed up, the media would absolutely crucify him for going back on his word. This isn’t rocket science. He knows what the media will say about him. He’s covering his butt. Like anyone with a brain would do.

I'm not pretending he didn't say those things, or apologizing for his behavior, or giving him a free pass. I absolutely think he should be held to account, every ... single ... day. And it is our task to hold our elected leaders responsible for their actions. So what's your point? Are you accusing me of hypocrisy? If you want to have a conversation about Biden's many faults, I'm completely receptive. I'm not all in on Biden, not even close. The fact remains, race is an important issue to tens of millions of Americans, just as abortion, gun rights, and law and order are to others. And yet, repubs either don't want to talk about race, or they don't care. But the issue isn't going away. It's a sad state of affairs that Trump and Biden are the candidates.
I and many other people who hover on the right side of politics are fine with talking about race. I also like many others are sick of being called racist or whatever by the left just because I don't agree with everything they say. Republicans will let most do what they want and I just feel like most democrats feel like they know what's best for everyone no matter what.

And I could equally respond that the media is driving this narrative. He didn’t say he would refuse a peaceful transition of power. He said it depends, which is a smart way to do it. Think about it.

If he said “Yes, I will offer a peaceful transition of power,” and then there were some anomalies that showed up, the media would absolutely crucify him for going back on his word. This isn’t rocket science. He knows what the media will say about him. He’s covering his butt. Like anyone with a brain would do.
If there is clear and concrete evidence of irregularities, not something Trump says to preempt a transition, there might be media that will criticize him, but those stories would have significantly less traction. It seems everyone on here misses the point of a free and independent media in our society. For all the talk about totalitarian states, Trump's incessant attacks on the media comes straight from the dictator playbook. Is there biased media? Yes. Both left and right. But to the extent that you know that your government is corrupt or your local power plant is dumping coal ash into your water supply it's almost always because of a journalist. Do you think businesses and government report on their own malfeasance? Trump and his followers hate any media critical of him. Some people seem to be under the impression that anything short of fawning praise of Trump is biased. He's the damn POTUS, and what he says matters.

Reactions: Huskerpro
Um, yes, two standards. Anyone who talks about how smart, despite all evidence to the contrary, is either a child or a moron. And yes, absolutely, outrageous and fallacious on a scale never before seen in this country. You are comparing apples and oranges. Remember when HW Bush infamously said "read my lips," and it killed him in the election? Boy, those were the days. Now we have a president who only occasionally tells the truth, as if by accident, and his lies are well documented. The difference is that Repubs have tossed all judgement out the window to rationalize everything he says. It's the "he never said that, but if he did he was misunderstood, but if he was understood, then he didn’t mean it, but if he did who cares, because the other guy is just as bad,” line of reasoning. Or I guess in your case it's "I don't care because he's getting results." Of course, the results can be parsed like everything else. Bottom line, when you have a leader who lies as much as Trump lies how can you trust anything he says, even if he happens to be telling the truth?
Holy lord. The gaslighting and refusal by nearly all of the media to cover the gibberish (I’d say daily but they don’t make him talk daily) coming out of Biden’s mouth is hilarious, but you come at it from the standpoint of people covering for Trump? Get a grip, any grip, on what is the current environment. Yup, actions and results speak much more to me than do words. I trust someone when they say they are going to do something, and they do it. Everything else is lip service and bologna.

Did you mention trust? Like Kamala Harris telling the whole world Biden was a racist, only to laugh about it later, justifying
her apparent lie because it was part of a debate? Who could take and implement such a hateful and divisive issue and use it for the sole purpose of personal gain?

If there is clear and concrete evidence of irregularities, not something Trump says to preempt a transition, there might be media that will criticize him, but those stories would have significantly less traction. It seems everyone on here misses the point of a free and independent media in our society. For all the talk about totalitarian states, Trump's incessant attacks on the media comes straight from the dictator playbook. Is there biased media? Yes. Both left and right. But to the extent that you know that your government is corrupt or your local power plant is dumping coal ash into your water supply it's almost always because of a journalist. Do you think businesses and government report on their own malfeasance? Trump and his followers hate any media critical of him. Some people seem to be under the impression that anything short of fawning praise of Trump is biased. He's the damn POTUS, and what he says matters.
This is well reasoned, and I appreciate that. I just wish I felt the same way as you do about the media. Admittedly, I haven’t read much about Breonna Taylor after last night, only reading from the USA Today... it makes zero mention of anything reported about the facts that led to the grand jury decision. All it did was say no murder charges and protests nationwide, sharing several different cities’ responses.

I get it, that’s one source, of many... but when you have so many sources saying so many different things, what do you believe? The goal is to obfuscate, and they do it well.

Call me dense and not a critical thinker, that’s fine. But I don’t believe there are a lot of Americans who will be as well read as you when it comes down to it.

Its not like trump and his followers hate any and all media that is critical of him. Probably more so how much they are critical of him but won't dare say anything about the side they align themselves with.

This is well reasoned, and I appreciate that. I just wish I felt the same way as you do about the media. Admittedly, I haven’t read much about Breonna Taylor after last night, only reading from the USA Today... it makes zero mention of anything reported about the facts that led to the grand jury decision. All it did was say no murder charges and protests nationwide, sharing several different cities’ responses.

I get it, that’s one source, of many... but when you have so many sources saying so many different things, what do you believe? The goal is to obfuscate, and they do it well.

Call me dense and not a critical thinker, that’s fine. But I don’t believe there are a lot of Americans who will be as well read as you when it comes down to it.
One massive issue, and I think people on both sides of the aisle feel strongly about this: Facebook, and more generally social media. There is so much disinformation out there anymore that cutting through the muck is a gargantuan task. Facebook, Twitter and many others have claimed their platforms would lead to a freer society, instead these platforms have become a nightmare.

One massive issue, and I think people on both sides of the aisle feel strongly about this: Facebook, and more generally social media. There is so much disinformation out there anymore that cutting through the muck is a gargantuan task. Facebook, Twitter and many others have claimed their platforms would lead to a freer society, instead these platforms have become a nightmare.
Agree 1000%!!!

Just a few examples:

Those are your "sources"? LMAO. Did you have MSNBC or CNN fact check those "sources"? I might trust them more than the toilet paper worthy "news" you decided to use as your resource. 😂

You're a marxist?
It's funny. When I'm on this board, I'm labeled a marxist. When I'm out in the world, my foreign friends think I'm conservative. I guess that's when my American instinct kicks in. I bristle any time someone tells me all the things government should be doing for society, like their problems are the responsibility of government to solve. Absurd. So no, I'm not a marxist.

• Haha
Reactions: OzzyLvr
"safe spaces"
Think about who pushes for those, and why. Remember timnsum, before the internet his kind had near universal control of the narrative thru the legacy media. Now information is easier to access and there is more of it. The marketplace of ideas is exactly what he does NOT want. The answer to a world full of problems isn't less information and less conversation. It is more information and more conversations. I get that it is exhausting. But things worth having tend to require hard work.

It's funny. When I'm on this board, I'm labeled a marxist. When I'm out in the world, my foreign friends think I'm conservative. I guess that's when my American instinct kicks in. I bristle any time someone tells me all the things government should be doing for society, like their problems are the responsibility of government to solve. Absurd. So no, I'm not a marxist.

BLM = Marxist.

Their words, not mine.

"safe spaces"
Think about who pushes for those, and why. Remember timnsum, before the internet his kind had near universal control of the narrative thru the legacy media. Now information is easier to access and there is more of it. The marketplace of ideas is exactly what he does NOT want. The answer to a world full of problems isn't less information and less conversation. It is more information and more conversations. I get that it is exhausting. But things worth having tend to require hard work.
I agree with access to information. I couldn't disagree more with the efforts to spread misinformation via social media. Conversations are great, just as long as they're based on actual information. If you think misinformation isn't real, then you're not paying attention. Iran, Russia and China are all huge perpetrators of misinformation in their own societies, and in recent years they've exploited divisions in this country through spreading false narratives. Gutter turds like HBK latch on to these narratives like parasites and spread them like VD. Are you saying that is a good thing?

Reactions: Huskerpro
I agree with access to information. I couldn't disagree more with the efforts to spread misinformation via social media. Conversations are great, just as long as they're based on actual information. If you think misinformation isn't real, then you're not paying attention. Iran, Russia and China are all huge perpetrators of misinformation in their own societies, and in recent years they've exploited divisions in this country through spreading false narratives. Gutter turds like HBK latch on to these narratives like parasites and spread them like VD. Are you saying that is a good thing?
😂Anyone that wears or supports BLM. You are the epitome of gutter turd junior.

First, before any of you libs go complaining about the moderator being from Fox, Chris Wallace is a registered Dem, and the son of ultra-lib Mike Wallace. He is fair and will be hard on both candidates.

I can't believe anyone thinks Biden is going to do well without a teleprompter, since he has trouble with one. Complain about Trump all you want but he gave us a heck of an economy. Biden gave us nothing in 47 years, yet all of a sudden people believe his senility will allow him to do wonderous things for the USA after spending years giving things to China (except Hunters money which came from China and Russia).

Chris Wallace is not even remotely fair. He is a liberal douche of the highest order. With that said, I could care less who moderates, Trump will mop the floor with Biden IF it actually happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT