ADVERTISEMENT

Hannity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s start with “packing the courts.” Do you know what the means? Lots on the left are threatening to do it. The right isn’t threatening to do it, the left is. There is zero argument there. Amiright?
Hasn't been tried or even suggested by my knowledge since FDR got his idea for packing the court shut down in 38. The idea seems pretty tyrannical to me. Unconstitutional at best. They must know that people won't just cower and accept it if it were to happen.

Hasn't been tried or even suggested by my knowledge since FDR got his idea for packing the court shut down in 38. The idea seems pretty tyrannical to me. Unconstitutional at best. They must know that people won't just cower and accept it if it were to happen.

Not unconstitutional. IIRC the court has had as few as 7 justices and as many as 13. The last 150 years I believe it has had 9 if memory serves.

Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts wrote Friday. "If he violates it, when Democrats control the Senate in the next Congress, we must abolish the filibuster and expand the Supreme Court."

Court packing is just one idea they are floating right now. You might want to investigate some of the stuff they are saying.

You'll be dead, so who gives a shit. You do realize that the president can't really do anything other than sign into law things that have passed through the house and the senate?
BS. He nominates judges, is commander in chief AND as much as I dislike them, executive orders. His cabinet controls federal programs and beauracracy.

Reactions: countrybob
Not unconstitutional. IIRC the court has had as few as 7 justices and as many as 13. The last 150 years I believe it has had 9 if memory serves.

Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts wrote Friday. "If he violates it, when Democrats control the Senate in the next Congress, we must abolish the filibuster and expand the Supreme Court."

Court packing is just one idea they are floating right now. You might want to investigate some of the stuff they are saying.
Investigating anything on this board, if it doesn't fit the ultra right narrative, gets you labeled a communist, marxist, fake news, snowflake, and the conversation devolves from there. We can't agree on a an established framework for debate. The right won't accept anything from the middle, nothing. They want anything Trump says accepted as fact, and they want hatemongers like Hannity and other champions of the extreme right to qualify as the basis for debate. It's all but impossible to have a conversation any more.

Investigating anything on this board, if it doesn't fit the ultra right narrative, gets you labeled a communist, marxist, fake news, snowflake, and the conversation devolves from there. We can't agree on a an established framework for debate. The right won't accept anything from the middle, nothing. They want anything Trump says accepted as fact, and they want hatemongers like Hannity and other champions of the extreme right to qualify as the basis for debate. It's all but impossible to have a conversation any more.
Lol. Troll

On the other hand, if you are conservative you are a Qanon-loving, conspiracy-hating Trump defender without a brain. I love that guys like you think you are the smartest in the room and we all are blind idiots. It’s all but impossible to have a conversation anymore.

On the other hand, if you are conservative you are a Qanon-loving, conspiracy-hating Trump defender without a brain. I love that guys like you think you are the smartest in the room and we all are blind idiots. It’s all but impossible to have a conversation anymore.
I have said before and will say again, pick any subject and let's agree on what's fair game to references and what isn't. That means if you shout at me "maxist" or call me a "libtard" without provocation and only because we disagree based on information you heard on Hannity, well then you can expect the conversation to devolve into yet another garbage conversation. But I'm all ears to an open, honest conversation about anything. That means, you want to talk about BLM, fine, let's talk. We'll use a framework for allowable information. We'll discuss the good, bad and ugly. We might disagree, but we we'll agree not to insult one another. I doubt we convince the other of our views, but we can at least have a conversation. What do you say?

I have said before and will say again, pick any subject and let's agree on what's fair game to references and what isn't. That means if you shout at me "maxist" or call me a "libtard" without provocation and only because we disagree based on information you heard on Hannity, well then you can expect the conversation to devolve into yet another garbage conversation. But I'm all ears to an open, honest conversation about anything. That means, you want to talk about BLM, fine, let's talk. We'll use a framework for allowable information. We'll discuss the good, bad and ugly. We might disagree, but we we'll agree not to insult one another. I doubt we convince the other of our views, but we can at least have a conversation. What do you say?
That’s how it should be all along. Somewhere along the way the polarization in Congress and the senate has gotten to the point where there seems to be almost no collaboration, and our country is suffering as a result. And it started way before Trump. The sides don’t always have to agree, but respect is completely gone in most instances. Trump has certainly exacerbated it with his constant texts and barbs, but I see it across the board.

Reactions: Crazyhole
That’s how it should be all along. Somewhere along the way the polarization in Congress and the senate has gotten to the point where there seems to be almost no collaboration, and our country is suffering as a result. And it started way before Trump. The sides don’t always have to agree, but respect is completely gone in most instances. Trump has certainly exacerbated it with his constant texts and barbs, but I see it across the board.
I've read this board for years just for football. The past four years have been absolutely brutal, but I never posted. I suppose I got tired of opening this site only to see some deliberately try to provoke others without cause, and usually with baseless claims dug out of the gutter. It's exhausting and I've had enough.

I've read this board for years just for football. The past four years have been absolutely brutal, but I never posted. I suppose I got tired of opening this site only to see some deliberately try to provoke others without cause, and usually with baseless claims dug out of the gutter. It's exhausting and I've had enough.
I hear you. Part of it is the nature of message boards. I’ve been particularly nasty at times, not that I’m proud of it. The anonymity it affords brings the worst in us out.

Football needs to come back in a hurry.

I hear you. Part of it is the nature of message boards. I’ve been particularly nasty at times, not that I’m proud of it. The anonymity it affords brings the worst in us out.

Football needs to come back in a hurry.
My god, yes. Mental health necessity.

Reactions: timnsun
The last 4 years have been little different than the previous 10 that I've been on here. The only thing different right now is allowing political topics to be discussed which given the situation with COVID and football I think is probably fair game. Eventually things will resolve back to sports which will be equally vitriolic. IF you've been on this board for more than 4 years, you have a very short memory of how things "used to be".

Reactions: bshirt73
The last 4 years have been little different than the previous 10 that I've been on here. The only thing different right now is allowing political topics to be discussed which given the situation with COVID and football I think is probably fair game. Eventually things will resolve back to sports which will be equally vitriolic. IF you've been on this board for more than 4 years, you have a very short memory of how things "used to be".
Maybe there was just enough football talk that I could mostly ignore these conversations. I'm not saying I never noticed, I just didn't engage. My interest was always to read about the team, opponents, matchups, recruits, coaching strategies and so forth. The fighting on those topics never bothered me much.

Reactions: timnsun
Misinformation, conspiracy and the attack on fact from the righties? Suggesting the left isn’t gawd awful in these capacities? I get the disdain for Trump for those on the left, because he is constantly putting his middle finger up to you, but I would also say there has never been a President so vehemently attacked and run down by the left and the media, which only further incites Trump to respond when attacked. He definitely can make himself an easy target, but he’s had to put up with spygate and a manufactured impeachment for the bulk of his time. Trump acts like a Democrat, but with a more conservative approach, which must just drive those in the left absolutely nuts. So much projecting going on
Actually, no, it's just that Trump is an ego maniacal idiot. Republicans will vote for Biden as a lesser of evils and hope the party has a better choice next time.

Maybe there was just enough football talk that I could mostly ignore these conversations. I'm not saying I never noticed, I just didn't engage. My interest was always to read about the team, opponents, matchups, recruits, coaching strategies and so forth. The fighting on those topics never bothered me much.
And frankly, as far as that goes, I've been looking around for stories, conversations on the upcoming season. So far, I haven't se
Actually, no, it's just that Trump is an ego maniacal idiot. Republicans will vote for Biden as a lesser of evils and hope the party has a better choice next time.
I think that's right. I think it's also important to remember how improbable his rise really was. I mean, there's never been a candidate like him. He wasn't with an established party, and he had no experience in governance. What are the odds of that happening again soon?

Biden can't even tie his own shoes at this point, which means she-devil will be in charge, so don't count on it. Trump's ego may be even bigger than Obama's, but neither of them have anything on she-devil, who will absolutely use race to divide us even further.

Biden can't even tie his own shoes at this point, which means she-devil will be in charge, so don't count on it. Trump's ego may be even bigger than Obama's, but neither of them have anything on she-devil, who will absolutely use race to divide us even further.

Trump's ego bigger than Obama's? I invite you to go listen to any Obama speech and count the number of times he references himself. President Trump is a BS'er, no doubt, but there's no real comparison to Obama's undeserved cockiness.

Trump's ego bigger than Obama's? I invite you to go listen to any Obama speech and count the number of times he references himself. President Trump is a BS'er, no doubt, but there's no real comparison to Obama's undeserved cockiness.

Well, graduating from Harvard Law might make someone cocky. Also, in the words of Biden, Obama was "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," which might also cause him to be cocky.

And frankly, as far as that goes, I've been looking around for stories, conversations on the upcoming season. So far, I haven't se

I think that's right. I think it's also important to remember how improbable his rise really was. I mean, there's never been a candidate like him. He wasn't with an established party, and he had no experience in governance. What are the odds of that happening again soon?
Arnold also became Governor of CA. He is one of a kind, no doubt.

Let’s start with “packing the courts.” Do you know what the means? Lots on the left are threatening to do it. The right isn’t threatening to do it, the left is. There is zero argument there. Amiright?
Try to avoid framing your question as an accusation. Maybe something like this: What are your views on stacking the court; how do you understand the issue; what information are you referencing to support your position? You've basically asserted that your position is indisputable, and to disagree with you isn't a valid option. If I acknowledge disagreement you might easily disregard anything else I say as unsubstantiated based on our initial disagreement, which you framed. It'd kinda be like me saying "The 1995 Nebraska football team was the best ever, everyone knows that, do you agree or disagree?" We all know the Huskers were the best, but you get my point.

Arnold also became Governor of CA. He is one of a kind, no doubt.
True, but didn't he run as a Republican from the outset? If I remember correctly there was a period of uncertainty as to whether Trump would run as a Republican.

Try to avoid framing your question as an accusation. Maybe something like this: What are your views on stacking the court; how do you understand the issue; what information are you referencing to support your position? You've basically asserted that your position is indisputable, and to disagree with you isn't a valid option. If I acknowledge disagreement you might easily disregard anything else I say as unsubstantiated based on our initial disagreement, which you framed. It'd kinda be like me saying "The 1995 Nebraska football team was the best ever, everyone knows that, do you agree or disagree?" We all know the Huskers were the best, but you get my point.
Ha! Did you really just go there? Nice non-answer. Is this what you do when you don’t want to acknowledge something because it weakens your argument? It’s too bad, I had a little more hope for you as you seemed to be making a good effort. Good grief dude.

Ha! Did you really just go there? Nice non-answer. Is this what you do when you don’t want to acknowledge something because it weakens your argument? It’s too bad, I had a little more hope for you as you seemed to be making a good effort. Good grief dude.
Because I asked you to avoid framing your question as an accusation? I'll discuss this with you if you reframe the question. You are asking too narrow of a question, ie. true or false, which suggests that you don't really want a conversation. Some simple matters are questions of true, false, but the conversations up for debate on this board are hardly too simple.

Because I asked you to avoid framing your question as an accusation? I'll discuss this with you if you reframe the question. You are asking too narrow of a question, ie. true or false, which suggests that you don't really want a conversation. Some simple matters are questions of true, false, but the conversations up for debate on this board are hardly too simple.
Uh huh, it’s too narrow because you know the answer and don’t want to have deal with it. I will move onto someone else (if there is anyone) who wants to be real. Good day to you.

Reactions: JoelBittner
You actually believe Joe Biden is a capable candidate? Really? Guess we’ll see in just over a month...

If Biden wins, I’m still not going anywhere. If trump wins, where will you be off to?

Much, much better than Trump.

How do you like those high unemployment numbers under Trump?
Do you claim he is even trying?
"LOL" is the best you can do?
Before covid he had historically low unemployment numbers! Surely you can’t be this dense can you? States have closed up so tight that unemployment skyrocketed... even now he is reversing that trend. But no, go ahead and believe what you want. It’s all Trump’s fault. It’ll all get better under Biden.

Even as a lifelong Republican I can't believe that any human being could vote for Trump. Obviously one would have to completely ignore character. News flash, there will be large numbers of conservatives voting for Biden.
So as a lifelong republican did you support bush and his lies of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq resulting in invasion and hundred of thousands dead

The guy lives in a vacuum. Can’t make this up. And by the way, we won’t win again until we run out of the power I formation. Just ask Catch50.

Hey the I - Form did have Ohio State’s head spinning for one drive so it could work.

Come on man! the hate is strong in this one

It’s pure entertainment making fun of old people well past their prime who have no business making decisions for America. And I’m not just talking about Trump and Biden....two women come to mind.

You’re joking right? Lowest black and Hispanic unemployment rates in HISTORY under Trump.

Those were trending down under Obama. Can you read a chart? Now, those rates are higher for blacks and Hispanics than whites.

The guy lives in a vacuum. Can’t make this up. And by the way, we won’t win again until we run out of the power I formation. Just ask Catch50.

Can't discuss economics, can you? Are you working the evening shift loading Amazon trucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT