ADVERTISEMENT

Hank Hughes out

I wish the man the best, I like to be genuine like that. However, this is also in our best interest. No D-Line recruits sniffed us. Bray and Stewart are out getting solid kids, Hughes didn't really match them. Kind of a bummer this didn't happen sooner. But better late than never, I suppose. Go get a great coach and salesman, Mike!

Last edited:
oh great.. someone is suggesting Bo /Carl Pelini as the new DL coach. (another site)

Hughes wasn't a Riley croney, they'd never worked together before. Which made the hire even more perplexing, considering Ed O. seemed interested in a job.

That isn't what we were told here, now the narrative changes, how convenient. Ed O wasn't coming to Nebraska, period. Some of you people need to get your head checked. Immediately, there's some serious brain damage.

Glad to see members of the staff being held accountable and to high standards. It's a bummer to see anyone lose their job, but this is/should be a performance industry.

Yes I believe the baggage in question weighed about an 1/8 of a gram.
th

Reactions: Cornhawks
Glad to see members of the staff being held accountable and to high standards. It's a bummer to see anyone lose their job, but this is/should be a performance industry.
Agreed, I still think if Cally had cut Coz loose he would have been head coach for much longer. He had a stellar class coming in the year he got fired.

I can't find it over there now but I'm sure it will pop back up to the top of the list in their Recruiting Forum in light of today's events. I think I have to be a member to Search threads.

Ole Miss's current DL coach and Cincinnati's current DL coach are the two I saw him mention recently. Can't remember the names and I'm about to run out the door, maybe someone can fill in the gaps.

So the working assumption is that Hughes was let go? And not just moving on? That's how I read it. If so, I'm sorry someone loses their job, but it's a tough business coaches are in. He'll find something.
This was one position where I thought we went back from Pelini's staff. Kaz could coach and recruit. Of course, that was before his off-the-field problems became public. When Riley made a national search for a coach, he usually ends up with a good one. I sorta think Hughes was added at Banker's recommendation mostly.
When Tosh Lupoi was looking for a job, we would have been an option. He was damaged goods. Now he's landed on his feet, so I wouldn't think he'd come to Nebraska. Not sure we'd take him even if he wanted to with his rep. I'm sure there's lots of good coaches available. I'm going to go track down that N2FL thread.

Reactions: Doniphan89
ADVERTISEMENT