ADVERTISEMENT

Haarberg

Well, I think he did pretty good for just getting here to understand the offense enough to be effective. That said, there's always LONG way to go with any new QB just joining the team. So I wouldn't be putting any super expectations on him yet. We have yet to see, for example, how he performs in a REAL P5 game with real tackling of QBs and a full stadium of screaming fans.

Wow that kid will be our fans new obsession. Can’t remember when I’ve seen an arm like that in a husker jersey
Ha, ha you should know by now that he will be our fan's obsession only as long as he is a backup and NOT the starting QB. If he ever becomes the starting QB, he'll be dumped on repeatedly by fans. That's the nature of fans of the game.

Ha, ha you should know by now that he will be our fan's obsession only as long as he is a backup and NOT the starting QB. If he ever becomes the starting QB, he'll be dumped on repeatedly by fans. That's the nature of fans of the game.
Nobody in their right mind should clamor for AM following yet another public cucking.

our only qb who has a natural qb throwing motion. nowhere to go but up
Hold my beer
5b78da672ed68.image.jpg

That's what stood out to me, he looked "football fast" on some carries.

He also looked like an overwhelmed freshman. He has the physical gifts but so does Mitch Trubisky. Let's see if he develops.
Biggest disappointment for me in watching the spring game was the lack of ready to play d1 qb’s on this squad. With Frost stating he’s not looking for a transfer QB I like to know what he thinks happens when AM fails to perform or gets hurt. Not one of the backups Smothers Harrberg or Masker are plug-n-play.

4 years in and we don’t have a real QB or RB on the team. As a fan this is getting old, are the coaches to close to action to see what they don’t have ?

Last edited:
I wasn't that impressed. Maybe because I didn't watch. Hey, it's baseball season.

Biggest disappointment for me in watching the spring game was the lack of ready to play d1 qb’s on this squad. With Frost staying he’s not looking for a transfer QB I like to know what he thinks happens when AM fails to perform or gets hurt. Not one of the backups Smothers Harrberg or Masker are plug-n-play.

4 years in and we don’t have a real QB or RB on the team. As a fan this is getting old, are the coaches to close to action to see what they don’t have ?

I do feel MUCH better about the RB situation after Saturday... there's a lot of dudes that played well and showed some things that gives hope...

As for QB's, all of these guys we're limited in Green jerseys so it's hard to say what we really have... that said, I can at least see hope behind AM with Harrberg, obviously he has to continue to learn the role but for only being here for a short time I was impressed... I was hoping to see more out of Smothers but I'm not too concerned about it yet...

Biggest disappointment for me in watching the spring game was the lack of ready to play d1 qb’s on this squad. With Frost staying he’s not looking for a transfer QB I like to know what he thinks happens when AM fails to perform or gets hurt. Not one of the backups Smothers Harrberg or Masker are plug-n-play.

I'm disappointed that the average wind speed in Lincoln on May 1 was 17 mph, with gusts up to 27 mph.

Well, considering the offensive philosophy of heavy QB run game, I'm thinking coach thinks they are very well developed D1 QB's - they are all good runners, so they really are plug-n-play.

Well, considering the offensive philosophy of heavy QB run game, I'm thinking coach thinks they are very well developed D1 QB's - they are all good runners, so they really are plug-n-play.
I don't think that's the philosophy. It's never been his philosophy. It's pure necessity. Try to run the ball. Mixed results. Try to pass the ball. Fail at it frequently. So, QB runs, purely out of a desire to just move the ball. We love to see the QB break off a 30 yard run, even more so when it's for a touchdown. But, deep down, we know this isn't how the offense is supposed to work. We just want to stay in the game and have a chance of winning. Whereas it should be a nice complement to the offense, in reality, it's been the engine. Sad.

I don't think that's the philosophy. It's never been his philosophy. It's pure necessity. Try to run the ball. Mixed results. Try to pass the ball. Fail at it frequently. So, QB runs, purely out of a desire to just move the ball. We love to see the QB break off a 30 yard run, even more so when it's for a touchdown. But, deep down, we know this isn't how the offense is supposed to work. We just want to stay in the game and have a chance of winning. Whereas it should be a nice complement to the offense, in reality, it's been the engine. Sad.
I really don't know the philosophy but the way our D vacates the middle when spread out, it is open. Someone needs to answer the question of why we run so many QB draws then?

the excuses never end, they are infinite for Frost
Not so.

If the QB play shits the bed all season again,(like all season last year, like all season the year before), we will win 4-5 games.

Again.

And the excuses will be done.

Shit QB play is fixable over the time span of 3 years.

The staff won't survive 4 shit seasons in a row.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT