ADVERTISEMENT

Haarberg?

v1nufan

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 15, 2018
I’m having a hard time finding up to date season stats on him. I believe they play Cozad tonight in first round of C-1 playoffs. Anyone have any recent season totals for him?

Is he better than the Omaha Westside quarterback that is committed to North Dakota State?

Others on here are probably more informed on this one. But my impression is that Payton is a better and more polished football player right now than Haarberg, but Haarberg has a ton more upside. Payton plays for a very good program, against decent competition and is surrounded by very good talent. He has been well coached and is a good football player. Haarberg on the other hand has the size, arm strength and athleticism that just can't be taught, but will take time to develop.

Others on here are probably more informed on this one. But my impression is that Payton is a better and more polished football player right now than Haarberg, but Haarberg has a ton more upside. Payton plays for a very good program, against decent competition and is surrounded by very good talent. He has been well coached and is a good football player. Haarberg on the other hand has the size, arm strength and athleticism that just can't be taught, but will take time to develop.

We have lost our ass waiting on HS QBs to "develop."

His stats are sort of all over the place from game to game, so it makes you wonder if he has decent receivers or if he is just hot/cold in his passing game.

His measurables though... I guess depending on how his college career goes, he might get some NFL interest just based on his height alone.

Reactions: saluno22
I don't think we need 2 Qb's in this class. We do not have a Sr QB. 4 scholarships QB's spread out in different classes is optimum. I think all the good dual threat guys are gone so you would be taking a flyer. Why take a flyer on a guy when you don't have a pressing need? All that does is add an extra guy that takes away snaps from other guys.
I like Haarberg's potential. You only get 85 scholarships and there are other positions that need fixing and are of greater priority. Continue on and target a good 2022 QB! I am happy with the QB room!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT