ADVERTISEMENT

Haarberg is N

If he's really 6'5 can you be a "dual threat" QB at that height??? Seems a little tall to scare to many people with your feet?? Love that he has an offer from Harvard, can't coach brains. Welcome aboard!!!

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
If he's really 6'5 can you be a "dual threat" QB at that height??? Seems a little tall to scare to many people with your feet?? Love that he has an offer from Harvard, can't coach brains. Welcome aboard!!!
Yes. He tested off the charts at one of those combines. He has huge athletic upside, but will need developed as a QB. It’s a big jump from class C football to D1.

Cam Newton is 6'5"... and before someone tries to play devils advocate about me potentially comparing him to Cam Newton, it was asked about tall qb's being dual threat so I gave an example.

Cam Newton is 6'5"... and before someone tries to play devils advocate about me potentially comparing him to Cam Newton, it was asked about tall qb's being dual threat so I gave an example.

I'm not sure how anyone could complain about that comparison...and if we're still making that comparison at the end of his college career I would be elated!!

Interesting the way God just blesses some kids to be athletic freaks like that.

Yes. He tested off the charts at one of those combines. He has huge athletic upside, but will need developed as a QB. It’s a big jump from class C football to D1.

That's what I was wondering. What do his athletic numbers look like?

giphy.gif

This is kind of OT...but that might be the first time I’ve seen a recruit say, “the next five years...” Nothing wrong at all with that, just never seen that before.

Reactions: saluno22
If you watch his film you will see he can run. His decision making really stands out.

that’s what stood out to me also watching the film again
His recruiting page also posts a 3.8 GPA and a 27 ACT. You pair his athletic gifts, decision making, and mental makeup, his fit in this offense, he’s a great prospect

That's what I was wondering. What do his athletic numbers look like?
I will see if I can find some. I know I read on another board he ran a 4.6 at had a 38 inch vert at one of those camps. Kind of reminds me of Blake Bell that went to OU, as a prospect. BB was a freak athlete. His only contribution at OU was as a goal line QB, but he is playing TE in the NFL now.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
I will see if I can find some. I know I read on another board he ran a 4.6 at had a 38 inch vert at one of those camps. Kind of reminds me of Blake Bell that went to OU, as a prospect. BB was a freak athlete. His only contribution at OU was as a goal line QB, but he is playing TE in the NFL now.

Wow, nice numbers!! He will be good as an athlete if he doesn't work out at QB. I'll have to check out his arm strength in his videos.

Allen Evridge but he decomitted and went to KState.
I didn't remember him ever being committed to Nebraska. Did he switch after Solich was fired?

I also think Bates played QB at Iowa State and had a Nebraska offer, but not as a QB.

With what 2020 quarterbacks were available this is a good get. He is one heck of an athlete and with his love of Nebraska it will drive him even more.

I like this kid. I think Nebraska has done well with this. Congrats to Haarberg & Nebraska.

I think you all are right, too, that the really, really good news is, sure he's a mid-to-high 3 star caliber athlete "right now," but we have Martinez (the starter), McCaffery (the heir-apparent, who seems to exhibit all of the signs of the freak athleticism his family possesses), and Logan Smothers (who should turn into an excellent QB in about 3 years), and this Haarberg kid has years of development ahead of him before he steps in as probably a Junior to start games for us. By then he'll either have hit his ceiling, or be a very good D1 starting QB for this offense.

Side note: He's already 6'5" and wears a size 17 shoe and has 11 inch hands? This kid could grow another inch or two and put on damn near 40 pounds and be an absolute monster by the time he's 21.

So what are his passing stats? Did I miss that.
I think I saw on his junior Hudl film about 2300 yards and 59% completion. But I also noticed a few very good passes that were dropped were also included, so that 59% would be a little higher without those drops (obviously).

Reactions: RedCap
I didn't remember him ever being committed to Nebraska. Did he switch after Solich was fired?

I also think Bates played QB at Iowa State and had a Nebraska offer, but not as a QB.
Yes-committed to us in I think the summer of 2003, and then switched to KSU after Solich was fired. Played there for two seasons, including starting against us in 2005(we won) and then transfered to Wisconsin where he played for two seasons. Started some games for both schools, but didn't have a real memorable career.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Have a feeling he’s going to be an NFL level QB for us, similar to Brook Berringer mode. I think it will take him a redshirt and two years to adjust to the speed of big boy football, but by his Junior year he could take over and never look back. I trust Verdu and Scott when it comes to developing QBs.

He’s got the size, speed and smarts to succeed. I only question the current competition he’s going up against, sorry not taking a shot against Neb high school football but it doesn’t get our boys ready to step in and make a difference in one or two years. I’m also banking on us to have a stud offensive line and receivers by then.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT