ADVERTISEMENT

Haarberg is N

I will see if I can find some. I know I read on another board he ran a 4.6 at had a 38 inch vert at one of those camps. Kind of reminds me of Blake Bell that went to OU, as a prospect. BB was a freak athlete. His only contribution at OU was as a goal line QB, but he is playing TE in the NFL now.
I realize Verz was his main recruiter, but I wonder if they are bringing him in with the intention of moving him to TE to stretch the field. He could be the type of TE that is a nightmare for LB's to cover.

So what are his passing stats? Did I miss that.

Dominated those quality teams.

Haarberg 2019

Broken Bow (1-8)

9-14 141 yd 4 TD

5 carries fir 109 yd 2 TD

Aurora (7-4)

8-18 81 yd 1 TD

7 carries for -29 yd

Lincoln Christian (1-8)

14-21 238 yd 4 TD

9 carries for 53 yd

Ogallala (7-3)

6-12 59 yd

6 carries for 14 yd

Minden (4-5)

19-27 289 yd 3 TD

Rushing NA

Sutton (11-2) C-2 (One Classification Lower)

9-17 130 yd

16 carries for 125 yd 2 TD

Cozad (5-5)

11-18 282 yd 4 TD

7 carries 58 yd

Adams Central (10-1)

180 total yards, 2 TD Passes

88 yd TD pass with 3 min in game trailing 37-7

Holdrege (1-8)

Passing 202 yd 2 TD

Rushing 5 carries 32 yd

Receiving 1 for 49 yd 1 TD

Wayne (9-3)

18-25 305 yd 2 TD

5 carries 10 yd

Compiled from Kearney Hub Articles

Haarberg 2019

Broken Bow (1-8)

9-14 141 yd 4 TD

Aurora (7-4)

8-18 81 yd 1 TD

7 carries for -29 yd

Lincoln Christian (1-8)

14-21 238 yd 4 TD

9 carries for 53 yd

Ogallala (7-3)

6-12 59 yd

6 carries for 14 yd

Minden (4-5)

19-27 289 yd 3 TD

Rushing NA

9-17 130 yd

Cozad (5-5)

11-18 282 yd 4 TD

7 carries 58 yd

Adams Central (10-1)

Holdrege (1-8)

Passing 202 yd 2 TD

Rushing 5 carries 32 yd

Wayne (9-3)

18-25 305 yd 2 TD

5 carries 10 yd

This got me looking at C1 schedules from last season. Aurora (6-3) had a rough open to their season, going 1-3 against Adams Central (9-0), Kearney Catholic (7-2), Wahoo (9-0), and GI Northwest (8-1). The team Aurora beat in that group was Haarberg's Kearney Catholic Stars.

Reactions: football6442
If he starts as many games at Nebraska as Herbert did at Oregon (42). Nebraska will not be at the level everyone wants them to be.
I know I have asked you this before and you didn’t answer, but I’ll try again.

What’s your obsession with this kid? I have seen you attack him on here and on Twitter countless times. So what’s the connection? Are you a HS kid that plays against him? HS sports fan from the area? Dad of a kid at rival HS?

Haarberg 2019

Broken Bow (1-8)

9-14 141 yd 4 TD

Aurora (7-4)

8-18 81 yd 1 TD

7 carries for -29 yd

Lincoln Christian (1-8)

14-21 238 yd 4 TD

9 carries for 53 yd

Ogallala (7-3)

6-12 59 yd

6 carries for 14 yd

Minden (4-5)

19-27 289 yd 3 TD

Rushing NA

9-17 130 yd

Cozad (5-5)

11-18 282 yd 4 TD

7 carries 58 yd

Adams Central (10-1)

Holdrege (1-8)

Passing 202 yd 2 TD

Rushing 5 carries 32 yd

Wayne (9-3)

18-25 305 yd 2 TD

5 carries 10 yd

Yes, this is a serious concern.

I know I have asked you this before and you didn’t answer, but I’ll try again.

What’s your obsession with this kid? I have seen you attack him on here and on Twitter countless times. So what’s the connection? Are you a HS kid that plays against him? HS sports fan from the area? Dad of a kid at rival HS?
Look at his message count. Likely not a Nebraska fan.

I realize Verz was his main recruiter, but I wonder if they are bringing him in with the intention of moving him to TE to stretch the field. He could be the type of TE that is a nightmare for LB's to cover.
If that's the case, they better be recruiting another qb.

no. QB all the way.

If he starts as many games at Nebraska as Herbert did at Oregon (42). Nebraska will not be at the level everyone wants them to be.

actually, if he does that, then that means he beat out Logan Smothers and possibly Luke McCaffrey (2 Top 250 4 star QBs) and if he does that, then I’d have to assume our Huskers will be in great shape because the young man is a good one...Just saying...;)

He is “kinda skinny”. He’s a good athlete with a live arm. Imo, he’s gonna be a qb or nothing. He’s made progress, but being physical is not in his nature. He camped and worked hard last year. He made huge strides, hopefully, that continues and he handles the extra pressure well.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
He is “kinda skinny”. He’s a good athlete with a live arm. Imo, he’s gonna be a qb or nothing. He’s made progress, but being physical is not in his nature. He camped and worked hard last year. He made huge strides, hopefully, that continues and he handles the extra pressure well.
He's just a baby and still growing in to his body. At that size he has very good athleticism but he's going to be extremely raw. A blank slate for MV to work with. A project with good physical tools.

If he's really 6'5 can you be a "dual threat" QB at that height??? Seems a little tall to scare to many people with your feet?? Love that he has an offer from Harvard, can't coach brains. Welcome aboard!!!
I think Brooke Beringer was 6'5. He was probably more pro than dual, but could do everything good enough to make it work and dangerous. Plus tough as nails didn't hurt either

Reactions: bluenrg
I would not call him skinny. I would call him wiry. He's got some muscle tone and is a lean athlete. Definitely athletic. Kinda reminds me a little of Bronson Schliep.

He doesn't have to put on weight but I imagine he will put 10-15 lbs on as he matures and goes through 4 or 5 years of weight training

Reactions: OzzyLvr and bluenrg
He’s exactly the QB Nebraska needed. Skill set is what Frost wants in a QB and coming in after Logan will give him a chance to develop. There’s really no pressure on him to be ready right off the bat. And hes likely looking at being 4th or maybe even 5th string next year. A kid 4 or 5 star kid whose been told his whole life that he’s a got All Pro ability don’t usually handle those circumstances well. A kid like this is perfect for that. Sky’s the limit for him. He doesn’t really lack athleticism or arm strength, he’s just got to learn. A great compliment recruit to Logan.

This is by far the best consecutive QB recruiting classes in the history of Rivals. This staff has done a fabulous job at recruiting QBs.

He’s exactly the QB Nebraska needed. Skill set is what Frost wants in a QB and coming in after Logan will give him a chance to develop. There’s really no pressure on him to be ready right off the bat. And hes likely looking at being 4th or maybe even 5th string next year. A kid 4 or 5 star kid whose been told his whole life that he’s a got All Pro ability don’t usually handle those circumstances well. A kid like this is perfect for that. Sky’s the limit for him. He doesn’t really lack athleticism or arm strength, he’s just got to learn. A great compliment recruit to Logan.

This is by far the best consecutive QB recruiting classes in the history of Rivals. This staff has done a fabulous job at recruiting QBs.

Great post.

I would not call him skinny. I would call him wiry. He's got some muscle tone and is a lean athlete. Definitely athletic. Kinda reminds me a little of Bronson Schliep.

He doesn't have to put on weight but I imagine he will put 10-15 lbs on as he matures and goes through 4 or 5 years of weight training

He could easily put on 20-25 pounds by the time he plays. And that's just diet and working out, as well as some growth left he might still do. He's gonna be a big dude, I think that's safe to say.

Haarberg 2019

Broken Bow (1-8)

9-14 141 yd 4 TD

Aurora (7-4)

8-18 81 yd 1 TD

7 carries for -29 yd

Lincoln Christian (1-8)

14-21 238 yd 4 TD

9 carries for 53 yd

Ogallala (7-3)

6-12 59 yd

6 carries for 14 yd

Minden (4-5)

19-27 289 yd 3 TD

Rushing NA

9-17 130 yd

Cozad (5-5)

11-18 282 yd 4 TD

7 carries 58 yd

Adams Central (10-1)

Holdrege (1-8)

Passing 202 yd 2 TD

Rushing 5 carries 32 yd

Wayne (9-3)

18-25 305 yd 2 TD

5 carries 10 yd

Kearney Catholic was way undersized and outmanned on the o-line, in general, last year. Matt Masker had a completely different situation, up front.

Last edited:
He's just a baby and still growing in to his body. At that size he has very good athleticism but he's going to be extremely raw. A blank slate for MV to work with. A project with good physical tools.

Yep I read somewhere that he grew 5-6 inches between SO and JR seasons. He could easily put on 50-60 pounds over the next few years.

Reactions: bluenrg
Soooooooo basically he's the second coming of Brook Berringer and we got a natty coming our way in about 4-5 years because he's a Nebraska kid who will ride pine for the next 3 years who will be fully ready to take the reigns? And since he's Berringer 2.0 that means we'll switch to under the center option in 2021 because no shot it happens now in 2020 sooooooo it'll be like 94 all over again? I'm definitely N

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT