ADVERTISEMENT

Guy Thomas

cdriftt24

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 29, 2012
So he is supposedly "committed" but says it's a three way tie and he will make a signing day decision. That seems a little flaky to me. Said his brother will help with the decision and he had a really good feeling about Pitt and Louisville and a little bit about Nebraska. I just wonder why he remains committed if he truly hasn't decided? Just wanted to discuss

Pretty sure The other recruiting site doesn't even have him as a commit to Nebraska, but a soft commit...

So he is supposedly "committed" but says it's a three way tie and he will make a signing day decision. That seems a little flaky to me. Said his brother will help with the decision and he had a really good feeling about Pitt and Louisville and a little bit about Nebraska. I just wonder why he remains committed if he truly hasn't decided? Just wanted to discuss
I think he's gone. Hope I'm wrong

That stinks... I wish Nebraska could have had the last from him instead of Louisville. Didn't have a good feeling with him visiting Louisville.

Sorry but I think it's time for him to move on and Nebraska to find guys that are a better Fit For What Nebraska wants, someone fully committed to the university and to the football program to make both the best they can be while they're making themselves as a student-athlete the best they can be. It doesn't sound like mr. Thomas has that mindset. If it turns out that he does great just not seeing it by his words and actions right now

Reactions: subhash
Sorry but I think it's time for him to move on and Nebraska to find guys that are a better Fit For What Nebraska wants, someone fully committed to the university and to the football program to make both the best they can be while they're making themselves as a student-athlete the best they can be. It doesn't sound like mr. Thomas has that mindset. If it turns out that he does great just not seeing it by his words and actions right now
I get that senatament, but at this stage of the game, we might as well play it out. We arent in a numbers crunch and don't have anyone else lined up at his position, so keep working to get his commit, as he's pretty talented.

Why would Riley make a decision to cut him loose if there's still a shot, albeit a longshot. I'm sure he's planning on the likelihood of him going elsewhere but can't give up the hope just because it would be easier on fans' hearts?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Those are tough calls. We want the kids to be fully committed to us so we don't back out but then they can. Or we back out and then it shows we aren't really committed, and you hear all the negatives about pulling the scholarship. Would seem that MR and company felt he was a good fit and that is why they stuck with him so long. Don't know, and I can't do anything about it so go with the flow and however it works out.

I'm sure JP has it covered .. otherwise if Riley continues to hold his coaches accountable JPs ongoing employment might be determined by what transpires between now and signing day

I'm sure JP has it covered .. otherwise if Riley continues to hold his coaches accountable JPs ongoing employment might be determined by what transpires between now and signing day
Parrella played here. He is untouchable to the fan base. Even if he continues to have lackluster results, Riley can't get rid of him. He will get run out of town, even if they win big with his lackluster coaching and recruiting.

Reactions: nebcountry
I
Parrella played here. He is untouchable to the fan base. Even if he continues to have lackluster results, Riley can't get rid of him. He will get run out of town, even if they win big with his lackluster coaching and recruiting.

Why did he make the hire in the first place... :rolleyes:Daniels is coming... Step back.:confused:

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I

Why did he make the hire in the first place... :rolleyes:Daniels is coming... Step back.:confused:
Why? Simply because he played here, and the fan base here is full of mouth-breathers that wanted him fired after 1 game.
You can tell me to step back all you want, but you and the other knuckle draggers cannot have it both ways.
You want these coaches heads in year 1, go ahead and excuse a coach with a crap resume who has not recruited like you all said he would.

This kid would likely be a linebacker in a 3-4 not a DE. He's got the speed supposedly to do that. He doesn't remotely have the size to play DE in a 4-3 unless he grows tremendously.

Why? Simply because he played here, and the fan base here is full of mouth-breathers that wanted him fired after 1 game.
You can tell me to step back all you want, but you and the other knuckle draggers cannot have it both ways.
You want these coaches heads in year 1, go ahead and excuse a coach with a crap resume who has not recruited like you all said he would.

You seem to "want it both ways" on the message board all the time.. What a hypocrite..

Again Riley made the hire..blame him.:cool:

Nobody's Untouchable on that coaching staff. If parrella doesn't produce with the recruits getting them in and getting them coached up then he will be gone this fanbase isn't going to let a homegrown guy be lackluster. They expect more they demand more and if it's a homegrown guy he may get an extra season but it's not a lifetime contract. Those days are long past that's for the guys wishing we still ran Osborne's offense and McBride's 5-2 defense

Reactions: scarletred
This kid would likely be a linebacker in a 3-4 not a DE. He's got the speed supposedly to do that. He doesn't remotely have the size to play DE in a 4-3 unless he grows tremendously.
This is not a surprise to the coaches. If his spot in a 3-4 will be LB, we have 3 of them in the class, plus a bunch already on the team. Would be great to have the kid in the program, but I don't think it would be a real blow to our class if he doesn't end up in Lincoln.

The sarcasm is so thick in this thread by some posters that it is amazing that "seasoned" posters with 23,000+ messages can't see it...wow. Winking

Reactions: howie 4 huskers
Yep, lots of people went super silly of the hiring of JP... Some have been critical of him, and rightly so. I'm not sure his message resonates.. whatever that message is, it ain't working. I'd send him packing via text message, since he isn't my buddy and all that.

This guy wouldn't know how to spell committed! If he still signs with us I won't be rooting for him...Ever!!

Lamar Jackson is a cornerback for us and they are the same size!

Rarely does a signing day decision work out for the school that holds the current commitment.

He gone

RR_Devans.jpg

If we get Blades and Oyemaobi by flip, but lose Guy Thomas, unfortunate but we have to admit that we know how the game is played and that we win by the same game we occasionally lose at and wish them well.

Reactions: Redblood23

I think Parrella has a very, very, very long leash. Especially with the fan base. If 99 out of 100 times your having fun with your posts, this is the one that's calling like it is. "with his lackluster coaching and recruiting", I don't know that yet, but I know I won't be the person to say it if that's how it is.

I think Parrella has a very, very, very long leash. Especially with the fan base. If 99 out of 100 times your having fun with your posts, this is the one that's calling like it is. "with his lackluster coaching and recruiting", I don't know that yet, but I know I won't be the person to say it if that's how it is.
That's why I think this regime needs to work. Going the simpleton route of "hire Trev, and bring in Frost" is very risky. You get the program in a world of hurt if that does not work out. Who is going to fire them if they fail?

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT