ADVERTISEMENT

Gut Feeling

WTF? Why? I can't image that is the best we can do. What a terrible idea. 3 good seasons at TCU a long time ago with most of the time spent at 500ish. Just a shit choice.

Reactions: jsachisler
Nah. We aren’t that dumb, right? Right?
70bg11.jpg

Dude was a legit ass coach, but I'm afraid his best years are past him. I'd love to be wrong though - whether he's our coach or someone else's.

Disaster hire. Retread getting another paycheck. The nebraska admin & donors aren’t very football smart anymore, but I’d think they haven’t gotten this dumb. Rhule & BoB bring respectability back, bowl eligible more than not. Freeze has nebraska competing for B1G championships and CFP spots.

My gut feeling is Bill O'Brien. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see someone who is a head coach currently, leaving to come here.

Dude was a legit ass coach, but I'm afraid his best years are past him. I'd love to be wrong though - whether he's our coach or someone else's.
He took a program that was a nobody in a conference wasteland and made it relevant, so much so that the Big 12 invited them to the conference. After the invite everyone expected them to fizzle into obscurity. He went 181-79 at TCU and oversaw the Horned Frogs' rise from being left behind after the breakup of the Southwest Conference back through Conference USA, the Mountain West and into the Big 12, largely due to the success the school had under Patterson. He led TCU to 17 bowl appearances during his tenure -- the school had previously been to a total of 17 bowl games between 1896 and his first season as head coach -- and he went 11-6 in those bowls. In 2017 he tied for first in the conference and twice tied for second.

This is not a plug for Patterson, too many people refuse to see the full picture. All they want to see is what have you done for me lately. After 20 years of constant building and building, it takes its toll. There are many who can build because of vision and drive but fizzle out for sustainability. NU needs a builder and fast. Sustainability can come later.

If we're looking to hire another retread to come here and cash checks, we're officially all done. Turn out the lights.

He took a program that was a nobody in a conference wasteland and made it relevant, so much so that the Big 12 invited them to the conference. After the invite everyone expected them to fizzle into obscurity. He went 181-79 at TCU and oversaw the Horned Frogs' rise from being left behind after the breakup of the Southwest Conference back through Conference USA, the Mountain West and into the Big 12, largely due to the success the school had under Patterson. He led TCU to 17 bowl appearances during his tenure -- the school had previously been to a total of 17 bowl games between 1896 and his first season as head coach -- and he went 11-6 in those bowls. In 2017 he tied for first in the conference and twice tied for second.

This is not a plug for Patterson, too many people refuse to see the full picture. All they want to see is what have you done for me lately. After 20 years of constant building and building, it takes its toll. There are many who can build because of vision and drive but fizzle out for sustainability. NU needs a builder and fast. Sustainability can come later.
Exactly. I'd hope that IF to were to be him, his slow down at TCU towards the end is just as you described above. Because he's been legit ass a HC otherwise. I really wish we had gotten him instead of Riley back when...

Gary Patterson would be a good, solid hire. Not on the level of say Urban Meyer, but a coach with a history of success and a lot of respect nationally.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT