ADVERTISEMENT

Gus Malzahn

I’ll probably get roasted for this one, but I am a big Gus fan. When it looked like Auburn was going to can him in 2017, he was my first choice to replace Riley, even though I knew we had to hire Frost and was fine with that at that time. I know many think his offense is too soft, etc. But if it can win big at Auburn, it can here too. Plus it would be fun to take another coach from UCF.

I’ll probably get roasted for this one, but I am a big Gus fan. When it looked like Auburn was going to can him in 2017, he was my first choice to replace Riley, even though I knew we had to hire Frost and was fine with that at that time. I know many think his offense is too soft, etc. But if it can win big at Auburn, it can here too. Plus it would be fun to take another coach from UCF.
The UCF trolls were curiously entertaining. Much better than the fart and poop joke aficionados from Hogeyeville.

• Haha
Reactions: bigboxes
The UCF trolls were curiously entertaining. Much better than the fart and poop joke aficionados from Hogeyeville.

They were wild. Just completely unhinged over losing their coach. Heck we still have some that hang around here.

because it'd be funny to steal UCF's coach again.
Brilliant take, and worthy of 10 or 12 threads. BRB starting a GUS thread now. Don't mean to step on any toes, but I think it would be a great hire and is worthy of taking up the whole front page! Page 2 incoming for you BOB suckers! PFFFFTTT.

• Haha
Reactions: thall_
Too bad the UCF trolls got the last laugh.
did they? I seem to remember them claiming they would be National Championship contenders forever without Frost.

they haven't won a major bowl since, and then they got their next coach & AD stolen by Tennessee, reminding them they are forever going to be a stepping stone

then as soon as them and their G5 buddies get moved to a real conference, all the serious schools want to leave

Reactions: BleedRed78
did they? I seem to remember them claiming they would be National Championship contenders forever without Frost.

they haven't won a major bowl since, and then they got their next coach & AD stolen by Tennessee, reminding them they are forever going to be a stepping stone

then as soon as them and their G5 buddies get moved to a real conference, all the serious schools want to leave
Compared to SF success at Nebraska? I would say they did. Then to lose another coach and AD and still wind end up with Gus. And where we are at.

ADVERTISEMENT