Gun Rights B.S.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
No. The vegas shooting from a 20+ story window was not going to be done with a hand gun. The School shootings are not done with handguns. I assume you have a handgun. You probably know that the skill level associated with a hand gun is quite a bit higher than that of a rifle, or an AR with a bumpstock.

You start with AR's and move from there. I do think hand guns with high capacity clips, the kind which would be used for mass casualty should be outlawed too. Again you start with the most notorious and then modify from there.

Im not a proponent of getting rid of all guns or the American tradition of owning firearms. I am a proponent of legislations that help mitigate loss of life at the hands of bad people with guns that have no business being in the hands of the average citizen.

I disagree with disarming our population. The better equipped we all are, the safer we are collectively. Crazies will find a way to kill no matter what, if you take guns, you now deal with fires, bombs, and stabbings versus shootings. I'd rather be shot to death than any of the other options. And I'd like to be able to put down a threat from distance, if need be. Rifles are good for this.

nordakotahusker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
No. The vegas shooting from a 20+ story window was not going to be done with a hand gun. The School shootings are not done with handguns. I assume you have a handgun. You probably know that the skill level associated with a hand gun is quite a bit higher than that of a rifle, or an AR with a bumpstock.

You start with AR's and move from there. I do think hand guns with high capacity clips, the kind which would be used for mass casualty should be outlawed too. Again you start with the most notorious and then modify from there.

Im not a proponent of getting rid of all guns or the American tradition of owning firearms. I am a proponent of legislations that help mitigate loss of life at the hands of bad people with guns that have no business being in the hands of the average citizen.

So you're already admitting that the "assault rifles" aren't the only guns you want to take.

There's goes that argument lol. You showed your true colors very quickly. Shot guns and deer rifles can kill people too. Guess they're next on the list. Thank God for the NRA.

I still stand by the statement that Ted Kennedy's cars killed more people than my guns. Will they be next after guns? Let's not forget knives, shoe laces etc.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
So you're already admitting that the "assault rifles" aren't the only guns you want to take.

There's goes that argument lol. You showed your true colors very quickly. Shot guns and deer rifles can kill people too. Guess they're next on the list. Thank God for the NRA.

I still stand by the statement that Ted Kennedy's cars killed more people than my guns. Will they be next after guns? Let's not forget knives, shoe laces etc.
No I'm admitting that AR's aren't the only issue. If you learned how to read, you would have understood that I think large capacity mags have no practical reason other than killing. However I'm not for getting rid of an americans right to own a gun.

So simply put. No AR's. No large capicity mags. The rest, while capable of killing another human, are not at the top of the list when it comes to killing in mass.

Not sure why that is so hard to F'n understand.

Reactions: kidofSN

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
I disagree with disarming our population. The better equipped we all are, the safer we are collectively. Crazies will find a way to kill no matter what, if you take guns, you now deal with fires, bombs, and stabbings versus shootings. I'd rather be shot to death than any of the other options. And I'd like to be able to put down a threat from distance, if need be. Rifles are good for this.
Again no one. no one. no one. no one is saying take all guns.

Look... maybe i'm wrong. Maybe killing a bunch of kids in schools, at movie theaters, at malls.....is just the American way. And I'm too dense to understand it..... Yeah it sucks... but damn it all, its really about "mah guns."

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Again no one. no one. no one. no one is saying take all guns.

Look... maybe i'm wrong. Maybe killing a bunch of kids in schools, at movie theaters, at malls.....is just the American way. And I'm too dense to understand it..... Yeah it sucks... but damn it all, its really about "mah guns."

Right, I get that you are focused on the "tragedies". I prefer common folk being armed to protect themselves from criminals. Where do "mass" shootings typically take place? In "gun free" zones, how do the shootings happen if the law says "no guns"?

Criminals don't care about rules, so I prefer everyone have the ability to arm themselves as they see fit. Fewer laws, less government involvement, and active self preservation is how I prefer this country operate.

nordakotahusker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
No I'm admitting that AR's aren't the only issue. If you learned how to read, you would have understood that I think large capacity mags have no practical reason other than killing. However I'm not for getting rid of an americans right to own a gun.

So simply put. No AR's. No large capicity mags. The rest, while capable of killing another human, are not at the top of the list when it comes to killing in mass.

Not sure why that is so hard to F'n understand.

Why is it so fvcking hard for you to understand that mass shootings with "assault rifles" account for a tiny fraction of the number of people killed by guns each year? Are you just stupid?

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Why is it so fvcking hard for you to understand that mass shootings with "assault rifles" account for a tiny fraction of the number of people killed by guns each year? Are you just stupid?
What part of this do you not understand? Clownshow. "No I'm admitting that AR's aren't the only issue" Talk about stupid. Get back to your ditch digger up there in the dakota's and leave this to people who can think and carry on a conversation.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Right, I get that you are focused on the "tragedies". I prefer common folk being armed to protect themselves from criminals. Where do "mass" shootings typically take place? In "gun free" zones, how do the shootings happen if the law says "no guns"?

Criminals don't care about rules, so I prefer everyone have the ability to arm themselves as they see fit. Fewer laws, less government involvement, and active self preservation is how I prefer this country operate.
Because people who purchase said weapons come into those areas and reek havoc. Pretty easy to understand.

So your angle is that if teachers, postal workers, theater workers etc... . just had access to the same weaponry as these killers then all of our gun problems would be solved? Gotcha.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Because people who purchase said weapons come into those areas and reek havoc. Pretty easy to understand.

So your angle is that if teachers, postal workers, theater workers etc... . just had access to the same weaponry as these killers then all of our gun problems would be solved? Gotcha.

Not trying to "solve" anything. I want people to be able to protect themselves. Taking away the capability leaves people vulnerable. I don't agree with gun control laws. It's really just that simple.

I also don't agree with the war on drugs, affirmative action, equity laws, or abortion laws. I'm sure there are many other items I disagree with as well, but these were the first few that I could think of.

nordakotahusker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
What part of this do you not understand? Clownshow. "No I'm admitting that AR's aren't the only issue" Talk about stupid. Get back to your ditch digger up there in the dakota's and leave this to people who can think and carry on a conversation.

Right, you're on the "let's take the evil AR's first. They've already been demonized by the media, so it will be somewhat palatable to the general public. We can constantly talk about the children, that'll pull at their heartstrings. Eventually those on the fence will cave. Then we'll take all of the semi automatic pistols, all the while telling them that we really don't want all of their guns, just the ones that can kill lots of people wink wink" plan. I will give you credit for admitting to wanting to take more than just ARs though. Most gun grabbers won't admit that.

It's sad that you're a teacher. The teaching profession is filled with way too many bottom of the barrel, too stupid for any other degree types. Teaching should pay a lot more. Then maybe it would draw more than a handful with above room temp IQs.

Reactions: 1160

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Not trying to "solve" anything. I want people to be able to protect themselves. Taking away the capability leaves people vulnerable. I don't agree with gun control laws. It's really just that simple.

I also don't agree with the war on drugs, affirmative action, equity laws, or abortion laws. I'm sure there are many other items I disagree with as well, but these were the first few that I could think of.
Fair enough. So essentially you believe that we need to govern ourselves. Old west style. Got it.

Reactions: Jaemekon

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Right, you're on the "let's take the evil AR's first. They've already been demonized by the media, so it will be somewhat palatable to the general public. We can constantly talk about the children, that'll pull at their heartstrings. Eventually those on the fence will cave. Then we'll take all of the semi automatic pistols, all the while telling them that we really don't want all of their guns, just the ones that can kill lots of people wink wink" plan. I will give you credit for admitting to wanting to take more than just ARs though. Most gun grabbers won't admit that.

It's sad that you're a teacher. The teaching profession is filled with way too many bottom of the barrel, too stupid for any other degree types. Teaching should pay a lot more. Then maybe it would draw more than a handful with above room temp IQs.
LOL ok big shooter. I get paid fairly well now. I can't complain. 2 degrees + 27 more hours. I have turned down lots of other job opportunities. You clearly can't read beyond any form of simple language structure, so I will leave it at this.

I think AR style weapons have no place in American society. I think high capacity mags in handguns, or other weapons, have no place in American society. I believe in the American tradition of gun ownership. I have several myself.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Fair enough. So essentially you believe that we need to govern ourselves. Old west style. Got it.

Close enough. It's not always possible to come to an understanding, but I feel like we achieved it.

1262393-54.jpg

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Close enough. It's not always possible to come to an understanding, but I feel like we achieved it.

1262393-54.jpg
Not sure what that picture is but I will tell you that I have a buddy who has a full on arsenal, with many questionable guns. They are fun as hell to shoot. I get it... but for me it's about the greater good. Not commie style... just common sense style.

Reactions: Jaemekon

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Not sure what that picture is but I will tell you that I have a buddy who has a full on arsenal, with many questionable guns. They are fun as hell to shoot. I get it... but for me it's about the greater good. Not commie style... just common sense style.

I don't want to be what I call the "nosy mom". If you aren't my mom, leave me the fvck alone kind of thing.

I don't believe in a greater good, I believe that when terms like the "greater good" are used, it typically leads to some group being oppressed.

Childproofing America does not develop strong citizens. And that's what alot of this seems like.

I understand how you feel, I assume that many people are willing to protect a human life at all costs, even if it is at the expense of their own freedoms. I am just not one of those people.

Thanks for the conversation. Apologies if this feels like an attack, it was not meant that way.

Reactions: cavalot

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001

Most school shootings are done with handguns. All your talking points are full of garbage information. I would bet you think the war on drugs is a lost cause am I right? I will explain why in a later post:)

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Common sense is not common in these opinions from you though and that's the point. You seem to think firearms are only for deer hunting.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Common sense is not common in these opinions from you though and that's the point. You seem to think firearms are only for deer hunting.
No they are for having fun too. Sometimes for protection. If you believe they are for defending yourself against a government that is tyrannical.... well hate to break it to ya but they got drones, and tanks, and missiles and shit like that.

So reducing weaponry that can be used to kills people in mass is not common sense? ....OK!

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Most school shootings are done with handguns. All your talking points are full of garbage information. I would bet you think the war on drugs is a lost cause am I right? I will explain why in a later post:)
Most shooting are done with handguns. Typically one person or maybe a couple killed.

Sounds like you're ok with a Sandy Hook style massacre, or perhaps a good old fashioned Vegas blood letting. Well I'm not so I guess we can agree to disagree.

2560.jpg

las-vegas-shooting-mandalay-bay-couple.jpg

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
No they are for having fun too. Sometimes for protection. If you believe they are for defending yourself against a government that is tyrannical.... well hate to break it to ya but they got drones, and tanks, and missiles and shit like that.

Yes it is and you fail to understand how drones can't take on millions of people oppressed.
So reducing weaponry that can be used to kills people in mass is not common sense? ....OK!
Right it's not common sense at all. If you think it's hard to stop pot sales wait till you try to stop people who think they have an amendment to own certain things to protect themselves. Is that common sense enough for you? LOL pure genius.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Most shooting are done with handguns. Typically one person or maybe a couple killed.

Sounds like you're ok with a Sandy Hook style massacre, or perhaps a good old fashioned Vegas blood letting. Well I'm not so I guess we can agree to disagree.

2560.jpg

I am not good with shootings. How is your LAWS going to stop those?

Sandy Hook was mainly using handguns pal and legally owned.

Vegas was and still is an odd situation of what exactly happened there. The guy also had no criminal record.

nordakotahusker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001

2560.jpg

las-vegas-shooting-mandalay-bay-couple.jpg

So one Vegas shooting is worse than 5,000 killed with revolvers? Or 10,000? or 15,000?

Reactions: EriktheRed

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
I am not good with shootings. How is your LAWS going to stop those?

Sandy Hook was mainly using handguns pal and legally owned.

Vegas was and still is an odd situation of what exactly happened there. The guy also had no criminal record.
Dude this is one of the weapons used in sandy hook.
400px-M4gery.jpg

As you said he got this shit "legally." And you wonder how a law banning such weaponry would help? Come on your smarter than that.

This is Stoneman Douglas hs in Florida
250px-Cruz-floor2.jpg

600px-Mp15bg.jpg

Columbine. While considered a handgun....not really the type that grandma and grandpa use to use.
Kg99.jpg

Enough said

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
So one Vegas shooting is worse than 5,000 killed with revolvers? Or 10,000? or 15,000?
One shooting? Sandy Hook, Columbine, Vegas....

And no, its not. The fact that we are having a conversation at all about the massive number of people killed each year in this country makes my point. We have a gun problem, worsened by poverty, drugs, gangs, single parents, mental illness...etc....

nordakotahusker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
One shooting? Sandy Hook, Columbine, Vegas....

And no, its not. The fact that we are having a conversation at all about the massive number of people killed each year in this country makes my point. We have a gun problem, worsened by poverty, drugs, gangs, single parents, mental illness...etc....

We do have problems obviously.

Its sad that the current gun laws aren't enforced. There is a certain percentage of the population that will fvck with the rest of us. If they made those people do their time when they were caught, it would make the rest of us a lot safer. You read about convicted felons being caught with firearms and being allowed to walk far too often.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
We do have problems obviously.

Its sad that the current gun laws aren't enforced. There is a certain percentage of the population that will fvck with the rest of us. If they made those people do their time when they were caught, it would make the rest of us a lot safer. You read about convicted felons being caught with firearms and being allowed to walk far too often.
Not going to argue that.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Dude this is one of the weapons used in sandy hook.
400px-M4gery.jpg

As you said he got this shit "legally." And you wonder how a law banning such weaponry would help? Come on your smarter than that.

This is Stoneman Douglas hs in Florida
250px-Cruz-floor2.jpg

600px-Mp15bg.jpg

Columbine. While considered a handgun....not really the type that grandma and grandpa use to use.
Kg99.jpg

Enough said

Columbine-that literally looks like a handgun with an extended magazine. My grandpa used to use a 50 caliber browning so I guess I'm not sure what your grandpa and grandma reference means. My grandma was also on the Benson rifle team and fired many variants of rifles over her life so not sure you understand firearm history there.

Sandy Hook-you focused on only one weapon which was like all these arguments. Here are the weapons from Sandy Hook as you missed a few.

FIREARMS

Taken to Sandy Hook Elementary:

Izhmash Saiga 12-gauge semiautomatic shotgun
Bushmaster Model XM15-E2S .223-caliber semiautomatic rifle
Glock 20 10mm semiautomatic handgun
Sig Sauer P226 9mm semiautomatic handgun

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Columbine-that literally looks like a handgun with an extended magazine. My grandpa used to use a 50 caliber browning so I guess I'm not sure what your grandpa and grandma reference means. My grandma was also on the Benson rifle team and fired many variants of rifles over her life so not sure you understand firearm history there.

Sandy Hook-you focused on only one weapon which was like all these arguments. Here are the weapons from Sandy Hook as you missed a few.

FIREARMS

Taken to Sandy Hook Elementary:

Izhmash Saiga 12-gauge semiautomatic shotgun
Bushmaster Model XM15-E2S .223-caliber semiautomatic rifle
Glock 20 10mm semiautomatic handgun
Sig Sauer P226 9mm semiautomatic handgun
Ban 'em all.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
I am not worried about someone breaking in. If I lived where I had to be concerned with that. I might own a handgun and have it near my bedstand. But I wouldn't need an AR 15 or similar type of weapon. No one wants your handgun. What people want is a ban on weapons that cause mass casualty events. Not sure how hard that is for people to understand.
Ready to ban assault knives?

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Ready to ban assault knives?

Look banning guns is dumb but this is the worst counter argument people make. Like we don't know there's other ways to hurt people. But not only did you post that but it's just people injured and not dead, which they likely would have been with guns.

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Look banning guns is dumb but this is the worst counter argument people make. Like we don't know there's other ways to hurt people. But not only did you post that but it's just people injured and not dead, which they likely would have been with guns.
Banning guns is not dumb.

Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan do, and they're a **** ton smarter and better run than the USA.

• Haha
Reactions: Bobfather

Big bo fan

Junior
Jan 8, 2019
Banning guns is not dumb.

Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan do, and they're a **** ton smarter and better run than the USA.
Anybody that thinks banning guns is going to stop all this is dumb , bottom line if you want to get a gun to kill someone you’re going to get that accomplished

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
The point is that banning guns only removes them from the hands of law abiding citizens, and makes us even more vulnerable to the criminals who won’t give up their guns. Second, the argument to disarm implicitly implies that we as a society are totally OK with our government being the only ones in society with guns, and I’m sure BLM is totally fine with that. 🙄

The point with the knife is that the problem isn’t the weapon, it’s the mind of man. Bad people exist in this world, and by taking away the only means to protect your 120lb wife and evening the odds with her 230lb rapist is to use a gun. So far, in that situation, I would want the woman to use a gun over any other weapon.