College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
51161925937_7ee565477a_b.jpg

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Ok. I’m convinced. You go ahead and disarm, and to virtue signal, you put a sign up that says that your house is a gun free zone. Report back with the results.

Why come no bad guys in other countries.

Do intruders know you’re armed? No, yet are you frequently, or ever, accosted, no. Because gun ownership has no influence on violent crime numbnuts. Peel the onion

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
LOL I guess he forgot his readings about the founding fathers when they were concerned about how England would just dissolve parliament and the public couldn't do jack squat as the only people that had the means of force was the crown. That's why they mention a tyrannical government. Warren got senile.

Let’s get scrollbro hero take on the constitution. The smartest 41 seconds out this mans mouth ever

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
“Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. [It is] not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” Scalia, joined by Roberts, Kennedy, Thomas, Alito

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
“Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. [It is] not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” Scalia, joined by Roberts, Kennedy, Thomas, Alito
The only right set out in the BoR that is unlimited is the right to vote. Seems like you can vote as many times as you want. 😉

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
The guy sounds very dumb. Thanks for the laugh at how dumb he is. I'll keep my protection and not HOPE someone breaking into my house doesn't want to "murder me" as he states. Sorry I want a little more protection than just hope they won't want to. Loved how he added in the leftist fake "assault weapon" nonsense again. Can we ever have a gun set of proposals where there are not outright lies.

Reactions: Oldschool1964

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
The guy sounds very dumb. Thanks for the laugh at how dumb he is. I'll keep my protection and not HOPE someone breaking into my house doesn't want to "murder me" as he states. Sorry I want a little more protection than just hope they won't want to. Loved how he added in the leftist fake "assault weapon" nonsense again. Can we ever have a gun set of proposals where there are not outright lies.
Wrong... He speaks the truth and you know it.

Bottom line... You want your guns because you like having guns. The rest is complete BS.
Oh and I have several guns. I like them. They are fun to shoot. I use them to hunt. They are kept safely unloaded in a closet. If someone breaks in, I can not defend myself because they are safely stored away.

I am not worried about someone breaking in. If I lived where I had to be concerned with that. I might own a handgun and have it near my bedstand. But I wouldn't need an AR 15 or similar type of weapon. No one wants your handgun. What people want is a ban on weapons that cause mass casualty events. Not sure how hard that is for people to understand.

Last edited:

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
When this country was founded, it was decided that the benefits and security of our citizens having the choice to arm themselves outweighed the risks and issues of having that many people own guns. It’s part of the fabric of what this country is for better or for worse. If you don’t like it/agree with it frankly this country might not be the best decision for you to live in.

Now, the right needs to chill out on the “good guys with guns” bullshit, it’s disingenuous and an empty talking point. But the right to own a gun is just one of those things that goes along with the vision of this country and really shouldn’t be tinkered with. I do support more thorough background checks, but the precedence of chipping away at that fundamental right, scares the shit out of me.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001

Bottom line... You want your guns because you like having guns. The rest is complete BS.
Oh and I have several guns. I like them. They are fun to shoot. I use them to hunt. They are kept safely unloaded in a closet. If someone breaks in, I can not defend myself because they are safely stored away.

I am not worried about someone breaking in. If I lived where I had to be concerned with that. I might own a handgun and have it near my bedstand. But I wouldn't need an AR 15 or similar type of weapon. No one wants your handgun. What people want is a ban on weapons that cause mass casualty events. Not sure how hard that is for people to understand.
LOL how hard is it to understand that most mass shootings are with hand guns?

I realize that the really high casualty of "mass shootings" generally aren't hand guns, but those high casualty events are by far the minority of "mass shootings".

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007

I think the biggest problem I have with banning AR15s and similar weapons is it’s a precedence and a court case that can be referenced to keep moving that goalpost further. What’s next? High powered scopes?

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
LOL how hard is it to understand that most mass shootings are with hand guns?

I realize that the really high casualty of "mass shootings" generally aren't hand guns, but those high casualty events are by far the minority of "mass shootings".
Fact is that our country is the only country suffering from these high casualty events, yet we continue to pretend that it is the norm across the world, and just a basic fact of life. Like the flu.. some may die, but it's just nature taking its course right?

Honestly I really don't care if we keep these guns or get rid of them. What pisses me off is when people like you pretend that they are anything more than fun weekend toys or weapons for mass casualty.

Despite evidence of strict gun control measures reducing the frequency and severity of mass shootings in countries like Australia, citizens in the United States remain deeply divided over the issue. According to a survey about the expected impact of gun laws on the number of mass shootings, a slim majority of Americans believe that gun control measures will have little-to-no effect. Most likely, this opinion is influenced by an underlying commitment among many in the U.S. to the greater importance of protecting gun ownership rights than limiting access to firearms.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
I think the biggest problem I have with banning AR15s and similar weapons is it’s a precedence and a court case that can be referenced to keep moving that goalpost further. What’s next? High powered scopes?
I don't think so. There are lots of Americans who own guns, yet still see that access to weapons that have no purpose other than to kill other people should be limited or abolished. I think if it were to be taken to hunting rifles you would have a massive outcry by the average gun owner. No way it gets that far.

I have a buddy who has damn near every legal, and some illegal weapons that money can buy. I mean an absolute arsenal. Kind of fun to shoot them.... Even he agrees that certain guns only have one purpose and that eventually they will need to be outlawed. An AR is in that list.

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
Fact is that our country is the only country suffering from these high casualty events, yet we continue to pretend that it is the norm across the world, and just a basic fact of life. Like the flu.. some may die, but it's just nature taking its course right?

Honestly I really don't care if we keep these guns or get rid of them. What pisses me off is when people like you pretend that they are anything more than fun weekend toys or weapons for mass casualty.

Despite evidence of strict gun control measures reducing the frequency and severity of mass shootings in countries like Australia, citizens in the United States remain deeply divided over the issue. According to a survey about the expected impact of gun laws on the number of mass shootings, a slim majority of Americans believe that gun control measures will have little-to-no effect. Most likely, this opinion is influenced by an underlying commitment among many in the U.S. to the greater importance of protecting gun ownership rights than limiting access to firearms.

100% - the discussion on this issue just drives me fvcking crazy because most the time it’s one side wanting them banned - who’s lives/hobbies have no stake in the game so of course it’s easy for them to say “Ban Guns!” And then the other side props up these complete BS arguments like “More people with guns helps gun violence!” And “An AR is the only gun I can use for hunting this!”

There’s no genuine dialogue on a very deep discussion.

jja699

Sophomore
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2007

Australia has the population of Texas. Hard to compare us to them.

Reactions: Bobfather

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Australia has the population of Texas. Hard to compare us to them.
Also AU has such a large gang problem between the Steve Erwin clan vs the Croc Dundee clans. The mix of violence with weapons, animals, and firearms is unimaginable.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
I'm fine with this.

Take 'em away, and kill those who resist.
Oh we are very aware that is your position hence people not taking you as a serious person. That's exactly what Germany and Venezuela did. I realize Australia did this too, but don't think it is worth the chance. Your position is EXACTLY why people want to keep their firearms. The government telling you that you must follow even unethical, nonsensical, and immoral orders or else.

Last edited:

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Fact is that our country is the only country suffering from these high casualty events
I am all for some tighter rules around heavy weaponry, so don't get me wrong....

But death by a mass casualty heavy weaponry event is like #20,232 on the list of "most likely to be how you die".

It is actually incredibly rare.

I'm not trying to be disingenuous or heartless. I get it. The mass casualty events are gut-wrenching to read and hear about and make you want to just say, "Why can't we fix this?". But bluntly it's not a real threat to Americans really. Heck...DEER kill 200 Americans every year....which is more than mass shootings.

There's been like 1,300 people killed in mass shootings since 1966:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/national/mass-shootings-in-america/ <---- BY FAR AND AWAY THE BEST RESOURCE FOR DATA ON THIS

359 guns, 188 legally obtained, 62 illegally the rest unknown. Less than half of those 1300 deaths came from "assault rifles".

This is where I think @ScarletNCream and I cringe a little. I get these events are horrific, but are we opening a door impossible to close to save very few people?

If you're really looking to eliminate gun deaths, you'd have to look more at semi auto handguns like a Glock. Way above and beyond the biggest cause of gun deaths.

So...while I agree that tighter restrictions/hurdles to overcome to get a more deadly weapon...it's hardly a silver bullet (sorry for the pun...truly).

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
In life, I'm always waiting for that moment when someone wants to test me. I think it's my appetite for inflicting pain on another that drives this wish. Dying while inflicting pain is the ultimate satisfaction.

421743445-sonny.jpg

Reactions: Jim14510

Wyldcard

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2018

As a combat vet I say GFYS and get the hell out of my country you worthless piece of communist shit!

All of us military over the years has protcted your way of life, so you can think, say, do, and be who you wanna be and do what you want. Imo your bastard bitch ass doesn't deserve anything we've ever done for your piece of shit ass!

Last edited:

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Looks like that is the likely tyrant drawing those numbers in there. I find it interesting how leftists always make these cartoons and YOU are the people who citizens fear want a coup. Sorry that capitol trespassing was not a coup attempt. What citizens fear is governments not following laws and literally saying what are you going to do about it.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
As a combat vet I say GFYS and get the hell out of my country you worthless piece of communist shit!

All of us military over the years has protcted your way of life, so you can think, say, do, and be who you wanna be and do what you want. Imo your bastard bitch ass doesn't deserve anything we've ever done for your piece of shit ass!
f1bd7af12572fb9bbd13321ff50da9b4.gif

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003

Thanks for your service. And GFYS. John Wayne wanna be. I respect those who served and still respect a person's right to have an opinion in this country. I think AR's are bad for this country. That makes me a Commie? LOL okay Sargent Slaughter.

MV5BZjJlYjg2NjctNTk4YS00NTQ3LTg5NTgtNjc2OWUyZTkwYjQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_.jpg

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
Thanks for your service. And GFYS. John Wayne wanna be. I respect those who served and still respect a person's right to have an opinion in this country. I think AR's are bad for this country. That makes me a Commie? LOL okay Sargent Slaughter.

MV5BZjJlYjg2NjctNTk4YS00NTQ3LTg5NTgtNjc2OWUyZTkwYjQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_.jpg
So when are you coming to try and confiscate my guns as I want to be hospitable before you find out what will happen.

nordakotahusker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001

If your concern truly is public safety, wouldn't you want to ban the guns that kill the vast majortiy of the people (handguns)?

The number of people killed by "assault rifles" is miniscule. The number killed by handguns is large.

The focus on banning the demonized "assault rifles" would lead a logical person to assume that it's just the first step in a larger plan to take all guns. In the scheme of things, "assault rifles" aren't even a blip on the radar.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
So when are you coming to try and confiscate my guns as I want to be hospitable before you find out what will happen.
When are you dipshits going to get it through your head. No one...NO ONE is coming to confiscate your toys. Rush is gone, Fox news lies, Obama isn't in office anymore. Give up the BS on gun confiscations.

Reactions: tb233

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
If your concern truly is public safety, wouldn't you want to ban the guns that kill the vast majortiy of the people (handguns)?

The number of people killed by "assault rifles" is miniscule. The number killed by handguns is large.

The focus on banning the demonized "assault rifles" would lead a logical person to assume that it's just the first step in a larger plan to take all guns. In the scheme of things, "assault rifles" aren't even a blip on the radar.
Have to draw the line somewhere. To me mass casualty guns that a minority of people own seems like a logical place. Will it stop all killing no. This country is full of psychos. ie... Bob. But if we can mitigate the number of children shot in a school by a crazy loon, then why wouldn't we take steps to do so?

nordakotahusker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Have to draw the line somewhere. To me mass casualty guns that a minority of people own seems like a logical place. Will it stop all killing no. This country is full of psychos. ie... Bob. But if we can mitigate the number of children shot in a school by a crazy loon, then why wouldn't we take steps to do so?

Why worry about stopping such a small the minority of the killing? You're not worried about the vast majority of it? Makes no sense at all.

You do realize that many handguns have 13-19 round magazines? They can kill just as many people as an AR. In fact, they kill a hell of a lot more.

Last edited:

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
When are you dipshits going to get it through your head. No one...NO ONE is coming to confiscate your toys. Rush is gone, Fox news lies, Obama isn't in office anymore. Give up the BS on gun confiscations.
Everything you just posted is 100% bullshit.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Why worry about stopping such a small the minority of the killing? You're not worried about the vast majority of it? Makes no sense at all.

You do realize that many handguns have 13-19 round magazines? The can kill just as many people as an AR. In fact, they kill a hell of a lot more.
No. The vegas shooting from a 20+ story window was not going to be done with a hand gun. The School shootings are not done with handguns. I assume you have a handgun. You probably know that the skill level associated with a hand gun is quite a bit higher than that of a rifle, or an AR with a bumpstock.

You start with AR's and move from there. I do think hand guns with high capacity clips, the kind which would be used for mass casualty should be outlawed too. Again you start with the most notorious and then modify from there.

Im not a proponent of getting rid of all guns or the American tradition of owning firearms. I am a proponent of legislations that help mitigate loss of life at the hands of bad people with guns that have no business being in the hands of the average citizen.