ADVERTISEMENT

GREGORY TO DALLAS @60

Potentially. But honestly he went to a place that has dealt with "problem" players in the past and done fairly well recently. Yes, I know the 90s. But most have been pretty solid guys. We'll see if they have what Randy will need to succeed. But at this point in the 2nd round if you are a team that has 2 major needs left (RB and DE) and a top 10 ranked guy falls to 60 you HAVE to take him don't you?

As a Cowboys fan, it's pretty damn exciting to get a perceived top 10 talent this late in the 2nd. Let's get after it Randy!!

Perfect for him. Where he wanted to be.
See his suit?

He was great in front of the camera tonight.
I will root for him to do really well while hoping Dallas doesn't.

I hate the Cowboys, but I hate them a little less now.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Hey if Rozier30 says he's a bust then take it to the bank... he will fail. I wish the NFL guys would listen.

Being from Dallas, I'm extremely happy! Dallas has a great support system and coaching staff to handle him. Look what they've done with Dez. Turned him around.

They reported a little about this statement he made, but read it through. The second paragraph in particular. It is unfortunate that going into an interview and being upfront and honest is viewed negatively in the NFL. As much as I hate it, I may have to selectively root for Dallas in the future. At least on defense. I will continue to revel in Romo sucking.

They reported a little about this statement he made, but read it through. The second paragraph in particular. It is unfortunate that going into an interview and being upfront and honest is viewed negatively in the NFL. As much as I hate it, I may have to selectively root for Dallas in the future. At least on defense. I will continue to revel in Romo sucking.

Yeah, I hate that I am going to have to watch Dallas now. Great for randy though, especially with whatever mental health issues he may be dealing with.

So
Yeah, I hate that I am going to have to watch Dallas now. Great for randy though, especially with whatever mental health issues he may be dealing with.

We all have mental health issues. Every single one of us.
We are all just people trying to deal with what is thrown at us.
Everyday.

Reactions: siegsker
So

We all have mental health issues. Every single one of us.
We are all just people trying to deal with what is thrown at us.
Everyday.
True. Sounds like he has had some difficulty dealing with his. Seems like a good dude, hope he succeeds.

I'm a Cowboys fan, so naturally I'm pumped. However, I do have some concerns about how he fits in a 4-3 scheme. Everyone had him pegged as an OLB in a 3-4. I like the fact that we ended up with a top 10 talent late in the second, but I'm worried about the fit.

Happy for Gregory. Hope it works out well for him. One thing though that I always think about in times like this (this isn't directed at Gregory specifically) When guys drop in the draft and effort/dedication/commitment is cited as a factor, someone always says that it will light a fire under them for getting drafted later than expected, but it never does. Kids play according to their personality. You cannot change personalities.

Two questions specifically about Gregory that I have: (1) What are these vague "problems" he has? (2) I wonder if part of it actually comes down to dedication & his love (or lack of love) for the game? Could he be a kid who retires early like a Jason Worilds or Chris Borland? If teams are thinking that way, I could see why almost every team passed on him in the 2nd round.

Personally, I think the guy could have benefited from another year in college, but maybe that wasn't an option.

He's got amazing speed for a guy of his size. However, his size appears to be one of the drawbacks. Too small to play on the D line and maybe too tall to play as a linebacker. I see him ultimately fitting in as a linebacker, but hopefully one that can be used to attack the QB. That would be best for him.

I don't know that anyone really knows what the "issues" were. Certainly the marijuana test did him no favors, but it seems others were finding other "issues." Whether that means not a strong enough work habit, disregard for coaches, etc. no one really knows.

Bottom line, he will still be paid handsomely and if he can perform on the field, he will be rewarded even more down the road.

Best of luck to him not only on the field but also in his life. Sometimes paying troubled guys a lot of money is the worst thing that one can do. I hope he handles it well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT