ADVERTISEMENT

Gregg Marshall

He's the biggest insufferable d***** and his wife is crazy drunk trash.

Shocked.gif

I think there is a reason (besides the money he makes) that he never left. He was/is the only show in town over there. His name popped up for Big Ten gigs but he isn't big enough to be bigger than a Big Ten school.

While I agree, he's milked the MVC. The bastard can coach but don't mean I've gotta like the guy. Personally he's a dick. But gets results. Would I want him for my program???????? In Hoiberg I trust

The guy can coach, recruit and develop talent. There is no doubt. however it is well known here in wichita that he's an asshole, and so is his wife. I've been hearing stories about them for years. If the abuse allegations are true then I hope they come down hard on him. I support tough coaching. I know it gets results and younger generations are getting harder to coach. But coaches shouldn't be putting their hands on players or students. That's gotta be squashed.

Meanwhile, Penn State basketball coach resigned today after an internal investigation. I didn't see any details as to what was going on and I don't really follow Penn State basketball tbh.

Good morning.....this is a mess at WSU.....I've met the man twice in 'easy to be nice' settings, but there is NO DOUBT he is not everyone's flavor of the day....I can easily see these accusations being true, and if they are, he should be removed.

Do I think he's an elite coach? Xs and Os would say yes....but why ANYONE has to demean players/people is just beyond me.

I DON'T see him surviving...how can he continue to recruit?

Sad....

Reactions: huskerfan66
sad that some still resort to this.
especially, in the current environment.
if it was a single, or rare instance you might get a pass, but sounds systematic.

Good morning.....this is a mess at WSU.....I've met the man twice in 'easy to be nice' settings, but there is NO DOUBT he is not everyone's flavor of the day....I can easily see these accusations being true, and if they are, he should be removed.

Do I think he's an elite coach? Xs and Os would say yes....but why ANYONE has to demean players/people is just beyond me.

Sad....

I see where some players and his current assistant coach came out in support. His assistant is black and played for him at Winthrop and coaches with him for many years. He totally denies seeing or ever hearing anything during his time with Marshal.

Spartan, did you see the thread, buried now, asking about the Fair kid at QB for Collegiate? I watched him play, he is very good for a sophomore.

Reactions: tpmcg
I see where some players and his current assistant coach came out in support. His assistant is black and played for him at Winthrop and coaches with him for many years. He totally denies seeing or ever hearing anything during his time with Marshal.

Spartan, did you see the thread, buried now, asking about the Fair kid at QB for Collegiate? I watched him play, he is very good for a sophomore.
Tru, let me tell you... great player......WAAAAAY better kid... talk about good parenting....

Meanwhile, Penn State basketball coach resigned today after an internal investigation. I didn't see any details as to what was going on and I don't really follow Penn State basketball tbh.

Bolton (former player) said that during a particularly difficult stretch for the team in January 2019, Chambers told him: “I want to loosen the noose that’s around your neck.”

internal investigation and Chambers resigned.

Tru, let me tell you... great player......WAAAAAY better kid... talk about good parenting....

I have watched a bunch of kids in HS over the years including Brooke Berringer. This kid looked very good. Glad to hear he has the other parts going for him as well. He throws a very accurate and strong ball, runs well and makes good decisions. The thing I didn't see him do as well was throwing on the run. He will be getting some offers

Sad....

Years ago I got tickets from a work vendor that were easily the best tickets I've ever had for a college hoop game. It was Tulsa against UW at the very old Hec Ed on the Husky campus. The tickets were right behind the Tulsa bench. Closer to the end of the bench towards the middle of the court where the coaches sat so the players really didn't block our view. The Tulsa coach at the time was some guy who went by his first two initials (I am too lazy to look it up). I think the coach spent more time screaming at the player he had just yanked off the court than watching the action on the court. He was brutal. He just shredded them. He was just screaming so loud, cussing and pointing a finger right in the player's face. It was so bad I was ready to punch him. What a jerk. I guess I don't have to tell you who won. It sure wasn't the crazy man's team.

Years ago I got tickets from a work vendor that were easily the best tickets I've ever had for a college hoop game. It was Tulsa against UW at the very old Hec Ed on the Husky campus. The tickets were right behind the Tulsa bench. Closer to the end of the bench towards the middle of the court where the coaches sat so the players really didn't block our view. The Tulsa coach at the time was some guy who went by his first two initials (I am too lazy to look it up). I think the coach spent more time screaming at the player he had just yanked off the court than watching the action on the court. He was brutal. He just shredded them. He was just screaming so loud, cussing and pointing a finger right in the player's face. It was so bad I was ready to punch him. What a jerk. I guess I don't have to tell you who won. It sure wasn't the crazy man's team.

Bo Pelini?

ADVERTISEMENT