ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Simmons decommits from Miami...

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
http://247sports.com/Player/Greg-Simmons-75716 Was in Lincoln last weekend. Had great visit. Reopening his recruitment. Hope Bray can pull this kid to Lincoln.
6_3647288.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks RRT. What a thought, if U M goes to U M ; beware that grass field. It would cement him as one of the greats if he resurrected that: even with the talent pool. GBR

Simmons has NU as "high" interest on this site. Louisville, NC St, and Miami all listed as "low" now. Hopefully, the staff can land him.

Strong chance Miami has a new coach next year. I always thought it made sense to go to a place where I thought the staff that recruited me would be there for my whole career. Advantage Nebraska.
Precisely the line of thinking that made me wonder why several guys committed to us last year.

Why such a weak offer sheet I wonder then.

Is a good question. When I was looking at Simmons offer sheet, I took a look at some of the other inside LB's (was looking at where Simmons ranked, 28th btw) around 20th ranked. I didn't look at all the inside LB's, but some were really weak. In all fairness, some had major offers. From a cursory glance, not many Power 5 offers, not much love for inside LB's outside the top 20.

Since I looked at it again to make this post, check out the offers for 20th ranked inside LB.

Deontre Hardwick - 20th ranked.

ADVERTISEMENT