ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Sankey

I don't think anyone has ever accused a big 12 commissioner of playing with a full deck...
I can't remember anyone doing that...ever
that's gonna change also

College Football world is fast becoming the world of the haves and have nots .

I don't think anyone has ever accused a big 12 commissioner of playing with a full deck...
I can't remember anyone doing that...ever
that's gonna change also
Big 12 Commissioners have been unbelievably incompetent.

I agree with you on that.

Yes, Warren is an idiot. I think most would agree with you on that.

What’s the backstory on Warren?

Did Ohio State want the guy as commissioner?

During COVID, he proved to be a complete failure. It’s a really bad time for the Big 10 to have this guy as commissioner when Sankey and the SEC are in the process of reshaping college football.

I read the article, not much to argue about in the article. Warren is WAY out of his league. While he was focused on voting, diversity, and Covid, Texas and OU were working with the SEC to trump anything the B1G could ever do. He is a wind bag and clearly not a visionary. If things go as it appears they will right now with the SEC, the B1G needs to make a similar move to secure this leagues spot in the digital and playoff world. If tOSU and Michigan were to bolt, what is left?

It is painfully obvious that Nebraska clearly has little to no voice at the table along with the rest of the B1G schools that are good schools but also rans when it comes to being invited to the party. This thing is going to get interesting and very bloody and if you don't have a Sankey leading your league instead of a Bowlsby or Warren, just be prepared to be part of the sisters of poor league.

I don’t think that Warren will have much influence on this. A lot of Big TeN VIPs are still mad that Delaney let in Rutgers and Maryland and won’t give Warren the chance to mess this up.

btw, don’t expect Michigan and Ohio st to go to the SEC. They will most likely add KU and then explore some Pac12 schools at this point. I think the hurdles to poach ACC schools are too great

Reactions: dinglefritz
Spankey isn't talking to anyone in the BIG, nice try Misery sucks.
Oh.......he’s absolutely having the conversation with the top schools in the Big 10 and ACC.

Will anything come of it? Honestly, I can’t imagine Ohio State or Michigan ever leaving the Big 10, but it’s a crazy time with CFB.

Leadership is critical. The Big 12 and PAC are examples of what happens with poor leadership.

Just a really bad time for the Big 10 to have a commissioner that appears to be in over his head.

TruHusker and Spartanhusker, AND I am sure there are other Kansans here, what are your thoughts on how well Kansans would feel about a b1g invite?? Happy or just happy to have a landing spot when the music stops???

We will find out soon enough if the Big Ten is an academic conference as everyone claims, or they were just an athletic conference. I still think academics and the research dollars win out, but what do we know?

Reactions: dinglefritz
TruHusker and Spartanhusker, AND I am sure there are other Kansans here, what are your thoughts on how well Kansans would feel about a b1g invite?? Happy or just happy to have a landing spot when the music stops???
KU would be happy with this for the stability and money and research stuff. They are also getting tired of texas’ act.

This is a great article.

Big 10 schools are at a huge disadvantage to the SEC from a Commissioner perspective.

Sankey vs. Warren is a mismatch that would worry me if my team was in the Big 10.

Sankey is talking to Ohio State and Michigan, maybe others.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/p...eg-sankey-big-12-sec-expansion-texas-oklahoma

Some talking heads were discussing the possibility of all this realignment is that in time college football will evolve into a 40 team Super Conference. Only the top committed big boys allowed. Does Nebraska make the cut? (I was in Montana this past week. Love it. Philipsburg a town you have never heard of is very cool. My mother's hometown, Lewistown, is possibly the least changed town in the state. I have not been back there since 1979 and I still knew where everything was).

It is difficult to judge and I am not in the college circles like I was at one time. My comments are general in nature, so take them for what they are worth.

Most of my KS friends know I am a die hard Husker and have continued to ask me why Nebraska ever left the B12 in the first place. They are proud of two major, but distinct colleges in Kansas State and Kansas U. In KS, if you talk football, you are likely speaking to a KSU fan and if you are talking BB you are talking with a KU fan. Some of shine is off the FB at KSU but they have defeated OU two years in a row. I also believe the general pop would like to see both schools in the same conference, almost at the risk of being left out. I also believe they have great faith in their BB program at KU that would transcend most league affiliations. KU has a tremendous presence all over the state with medical centers everywhere. K-State has more ag related sites that are smaller. In my little town of Salina, pop 45,000 we have a KU school of Med to train doctors for rural health care and a KU nursing program. K-State has a satellite campus with a primary emphasis on aviation and a few other degrees plus transfer.

All this is to say, the state is attached to both schools at some level and allegiances cut across lines. KSU may be looked down on by some as being less than KU, that has been often said in the state, not sure if it is true or not and that is based on their programs. Ag is as glorious as medicine.

All that said, I would not be surprised if Kansas took full advantage of the opportunity to escape the declining B12 and would welcome the additional money, who wouldn't. They could easily schedule the rivalry game every year in each sport much like we do with Creighton and Iowa/State do. People are concerned with being left out in the cold and part of some mountain west league.

To me, all this really shows the difference between schools that are currently above average (good) and those that were or never were. Sadly, as much as us Husker fans think we have a blue blood program - when you combine current trends and high academics (I question how much this is considered) then you have to wonder what draw a state of 2 million really has.

This will all be interesting and there are going to be some really upset fan bases left wondering what happened. It was too easy to get by with OK teams in major sports, I don't think that is true anymore. Just my opinions of course.

We will find out soon enough if the Big Ten is an academic conference as everyone claims, or they were just an athletic conference. I still think academics and the research dollars win out, but what do we know?
I think your point about being an academic conference had something to do with the B1G presidents ignoring their advisory committee's recommendation to hire a guy who didn't make the top 10 list of prospects. What a screw up. They could have hired a strong leader with a vision for athletics. Instead they made the diversity hire they could control and use to advance their political agendas.

I think your point about being an academic conference had something to do with the B1G presidents ignoring their advisory committee's recommendation to hire a guy who didn't make the top 10 list of prospects. What a screw up. They could have hired a strong leader with a vision for athletics. Instead they made the diversity hire they could control and use to advance their political agendas.
What is/has Delaney been thinking for the past several months. I don't think there's a brick wall worthy of him right now. Could wind up being the mirror effect of Husker FB HC hiring....... scary thought. GET IT FIXED NOW

KU would be happy with this for the stability and money and research stuff. They are also getting tired of texas’ act.
Of course they’re getting tired of Texas. Every school in the old Big 12 was tired of Texas’ act.

Bottom line is, ku would have left 10 years ago if they were in demand. They weren’t, so they were stuck in the Big 12 with Texas calling all the shots.

Obviously, ku will leave today if they have a home. Time will tell.

I don’t see how the Big 10 can add ku and Iowa State as their answer to the SEC adding Texas and Oklahoma. How terrible would that look for the Big 10?

Precisely.
Kevin Warren was hired for two reasons:
1. He's black.
2. He's a liberal activist.

"The SEC is talking with Ohio State and Michigan"....can literally mean anything and at any level.
It could mean secretaries calling representatives.
It could mean presidents talking to commissioners.

Ohio State and Michigan are not leaving the Big 10 unless the NCAA folds and there is no longer a Big 10.

Reactions: scarletred
It doesn't look any worse than the SEC adding Mizzou.
I'm starting to think the less ku's ksu's isu's okie light's bayor's and tcu's....the bigger NU's recruiting selection becomes...if cal, washington state, etc, get dropped to........it could be a recruiting bonanza

It is difficult to judge and I am not in the college circles like I was at one time. My comments are general in nature, so take them for what they are worth.

Most of my KS friends know I am a die hard Husker and have continued to ask me why Nebraska ever left the B12 in the first place. They are proud of two major, but distinct colleges in Kansas State and Kansas U. In KS, if you talk football, you are likely speaking to a KSU fan and if you are talking BB you are talking with a KU fan. Some of shine is off the FB at KSU but they have defeated OU two years in a row. I also believe the general pop would like to see both schools in the same conference, almost at the risk of being left out. I also believe they have great faith in their BB program at KU that would transcend most league affiliations. KU has a tremendous presence all over the state with medical centers everywhere. K-State has more ag related sites that are smaller. In my little town of Salina, pop 45,000 we have a KU school of Med to train doctors for rural health care and a KU nursing program. K-State has a satellite campus with a primary emphasis on aviation and a few other degrees plus transfer.

All this is to say, the state is attached to both schools at some level and allegiances cut across lines. KSU may be looked down on by some as being less than KU, that has been often said in the state, not sure if it is true or not and that is based on their programs. Ag is as glorious as medicine.

All that said, I would not be surprised if Kansas took full advantage of the opportunity to escape the declining B12 and would welcome the additional money, who wouldn't. They could easily schedule the rivalry game every year in each sport much like we do with Creighton and Iowa/State do. People are concerned with being left out in the cold and part of some mountain west league.

To me, all this really shows the difference between schools that are currently above average (good) and those that were or never were. Sadly, as much as us Husker fans think we have a blue blood program - when you combine current trends and high academics (I question how much this is considered) then you have to wonder what draw a state of 2 million really has.

This will all be interesting and there are going to be some really upset fan bases left wondering what happened. It was too easy to get by with OK teams in major sports, I don't think that is true anymore. Just my opinions of course.
yeah it's messed up, but you can't say NU had a hand in it...thats all on ut and oklahoma

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT