ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Bell Quit the Team

He will have to sit out the rest of this year and next year, giving him only one year left to play as of right now.

Wonder if he felt like Ozigbo and Washington have both passed him and with three new guys coming in next year and Miles Jones here as well he would not play much going forward.

What? I know this is far from the primary concern, but I hope that doesn't hurt us with Bland.

Last edited:
Reactions: SC_'sker
NCAA really needs to modify the new 4-game redshirt rule this offseason.

Fantastic rule with great intentions, but this is definitely an unforeseen consequence.

#findtheloophole

I don't understand why running backs transfer. Even 3rd or 4th string backs usually get plenty of playing time and get opportunities to show they deserve more playing time. Greg Bell usually showed the opposite. No desire in him to get the first when you're a yard away.

Fantastic rule with great intentions, but this is definitely an unforeseen consequence.

#findtheloophole
Yep think it needs to be limited to Fresh only. This is getting ridiculous. I would say this quitter Riley mentality is the reason we suck. This was a Frost recruit.

Reactions: barney44

#findtheloophole

Why? Modify how? I think the right modification is removing the 1 year in residence rule, just let kids play.

If any position could handle attrition it is RB. Devine will get the lions share of the carries and we have the depth needed. Bell never impressed me like he did others here. He was a good player but he was a jack of all trades master of none. Give me smash and dash with Devine and Mo and we'll be okay.

#findtheloophole
In the cases of Lindsey and Bell, I'm not sure what the loophole is. Both will still have to sit out next year. The new rule really only benefits grad transfers.

I think misinformation about eligibility clocks is driving a lot of these transfers.

I don't understand why running backs transfer. Even 3rd or 4th string backs usually get plenty of playing time and get opportunities to show they deserve more playing time. Greg Bell usually showed the opposite. No desire in him to get the first when you're a yard away.
Yet another case of hype outweighing talent. We have seen plenty over the last few years.

What about his trip to the NFL?

Yeah, I cringed when he said that he only hoped to be here for one year and then go pro. That seemed to go against the type of attitude that Frost preaches.

Hopefully Dedrick Mills actually lives up to the hype next year. Rahmir Johnson is a stud. This is one position I don't worry too much about in terms of depth.

He was a Frost recruit, so be careful.
It isn't a Frost thing or a Riley thing. It is becoming obvious it is just a "me" generation thing. Man can you imagine being an employer when this generation is full go into the work force? No raise? I quit. No promotion? I quit. No 2 month vacation? I quit. No 3 hour lunch break? I quit. Its going to be a revolving door for most of the employers in this country.

Wonder if he felt like Ozigbo and Washington have both passed him and with three new guys coming in next year and Miles Jones here as well he would not play much going forward.

That's BS. Greg Bell was still our 2nd best back, if not our best overall RB. Not sure why this occurred, but this is a big loss, unless he was another lazy player like Lindsey.

Reactions: GoBoBigBlue
Then we better figure out to deal with this generation because it isn’t going away.
Agree 100%. Tough love doesn't work. You have to make them all feel special. "Yes, Greg you are very good. You are a very special RB for us with lots of talent. We are going to let Devine have a turn, then when he is done you can have a turn. We have to share our things"o_ORollingLaugh

It isn't a Frost thing or a Riley thing. It is becoming obvious it is just a "me" generation thing. Man can you imagine being an employer when this generation is full go into the work force? No raise? I quit. No promotion? I quit. No 2 month vacation? I quit. No 3 hour lunch break? I quit. Its going to be a revolving door for most of the employers in this country.

Said every older generation ever

Isn't it weird that the people complaining about the "me" generation are the parents of those "me" personalities.

I think the managers and the CEOs need to deal with these individuals. They created them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT