ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Bell Quit the Team

No way to spin it, they've broken a lot more eggs than they thought they would trying to make this omelette.

It's a fine line to walk, do you tolerate a little more early on because it can bring you wins and winning cures all ills? Or do you run guys off knowing it will cost you games and suffer through the toxic environment of a losing team and risk losing even more guys?
Losing isn’t helping recruiting right now. That seems pretty clear.

The dude that you are responding to needs to work on his comprehension a bit. Not the brightest crayon in the box by any stretch of the imagination.

Damn, you’re still on my nuts. Did I do that correctly? Isn’t that how smart people, such as you, communicate?

Hang in there bruh, I'll call the waaaaaambulance!
I chuckled. How long you been holding on to that one? Been years since I’ve heard that one used...

Maybe wait years before pulling it out again. For your sake.

You really should wait to post such dynamite material until your 3:00 a.m. rants. You have proven yourself a complete waste of time. I wish you a fond farewell.

You wish me a fond farewell? I bet you even passed your GED exam, didn't you?

No way to spin it, they've broken a lot more eggs than they thought they would trying to make this omelette.

It's a fine line to walk, do you tolerate a little more early on because it can bring you wins and winning cures all ills? Or do you run guys off knowing it will cost you games and suffer through the toxic environment of a losing team and risk losing even more guys?

I am pretty much in agreement with this thinking.

I also think that too many people draw a conclusion that because Lindsay and Bell left that they were the cause of problems or weren’t buying in. I don’t think I’ve heard anything negative about either player’s work ethic since Frost arrived. Both were getting playing time and unless you think Frost is just handing it out that playing time, they earned it over the course of the spring, summer and fall.

Maybe it is as simple as they just didn’t like where the team was headed. Maybe it wasn’t what they thought it was going to be.

As I have said 100 times, we are fans so we think as fans. We just can’t understand how everyone doesn’t want to play at Nebraska, and for Frost. So if they leave, it has to be their fault, something they did or the coaches just Didn’t want them around.

Reactions: HuskerO
@Hoosker Du , is this the elite speed you keep referring to?

Or perhaps this one?

I'll give you on the second one #1 had an angle, but given that was the same guy that walked him in the first video, the result would have been the same.

I really don't want to hammer the guy, just trying to understand what you see that nobody else on here does.

I think you need to separate the difference between quickness and speed before you continue on with this exchange. Bell is very quick through the hole. I'm far from the only person that sees this. Frost and his staff had Bell as the starter at the beginning of the year for a reason. He has very good quickness and vision.

I've never suggested Bell has "elite" speed. I've even gone as far as saying "he isn't a burner." Frost has said he has "that next gear," so he believes he has some speed. I'm just saying that in one of the runs being referenced, there was what looked like a 'change in his fluidity' as he clears the LB level. And you are correct on the angle thing too. That's what I saw. It's as if he was almost surprised that he broke through the 2nd level and had open field to me, and he wasn't ready to hit that "next gear."

As a fan, I don't think that Lindsey & Bell were necessarily problems, but it was their reaction to a reduction in playing time and not understanding how the transfer rule works.

If you are trying to build a culture, then you have to follow through with it, and I'm glad they reduced those guys playing time, and it sends a message to the rest of the team as well.

As a side note, guys who would give up that easy, were either not necessarily team guys to begin with, or didn't have real strong relationships to others on the team so I'm fine with them being gone.

I always thought Scott was either giving the ball to the wrong guy on 4th and short, OR when it was to the right guy, the play call wasn't right. I would always have given it to Devine, but you give him a north south type of play call, not one that requires a lot of finesse in the backfield.

Was really impressed with how he ran last week. Can't stress how important that was for the team and everyone's confidence.

IMHO, Lindsey and Bell leaving do show that what needs to be fixed. They did NOTHING on the field and the coaches are not placating them by keeping them on first team. If they can't handle it, it reveals the mentality that has decimated our program the last few years-quitting.

Frost has philosophies, learned from many great coaches and he is going to stick to it. I am excited to see where it leads. If he 'hits' 21 and we get to the level we want to be, look out.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
IMHO, Lindsey and Bell leaving do show that what needs to be fixed. They did NOTHING on the field and the coaches are not placating them by keeping them on first team. If they can't handle it, it reveals the mentality that has decimated our program the last few years-quitting.

Frost has philosophies, learned from many great coaches and he is going to stick to it. I am excited to see where it leads. If he 'hits' 21 and we get to the level we want to be, look out.

You might be confused. TL and GB chose to leave the team. They get nothing from leaving accept that not playing football for NU is better than playing football for NU. This should be disturbing. It is one thing to hold kids accountable but you need to be able to create competition while also keeping your 2nd or 3rd stringers engaged and competing. It is not good to run out of players in the name of competition, because competition requires lots of players. Bell is a hell of a back, if you can't see that..then IDK...he had 2 good games...one bad game, and was put into a shitty situation in the last game, in the name of "lack of preparation" . Yet they still ran him on 4th and 1....lol. The staff is in over their heads right now...hopefully they take this humble pie and grow from it because they are mostly all pretty young. I can still hear these excuses after 0-12...and 2-10 next year.

I dont want to read through 7 pages. Where do you all think he ends up? Even though he wasnt a Riley recruit it would make me laugh to see him go to Ore St.

Reactions: jlb321
You might be confused. TL and GB chose to leave the team. They get nothing from leaving accept that not playing football for NU is better than playing football for NU. This should be disturbing. It is one thing to hold kids accountable but you need to be able to create competition while also keeping your 2nd or 3rd stringers engaged and competing. It is not good to run out of players in the name of competition, because competition requires lots of players. Bell is a hell of a back, if you can't see that..then IDK...he had 2 good games...one bad game, and was put into a shitty situation in the last game, in the name of "lack of preparation" . Yet they still ran him on 4th and 1....lol. The staff is in over their heads right now...hopefully they take this humble pie and grow from it because they are mostly all pretty young. I can still hear these excuses after 0-12...and 2-10 next year.
This is just a ridiculous post. Two guys left because they were unhappy with their PT, it is happening all over CFB. If you really think things are so bad and headed where you say they are, why even stick around? I mean I would rather give the staff a chance, since it has only been 4 games, but obviously you have chosen another path.

Last edited:
Our situation is much like Matt Campbell's first year at Iowa State. I know someone who works in the athletic department there, Campbell inherited a similar situation from the previous coach. He had to completely change the culture and get rid of or bench some guys that felt that a starting position should just be handed to them. The first year was rough, they started 1-8 including a lost to Northern Iowa but in Year 2 they beat two Top 5 teams and it looks like they're going to beat Okie State on the road today.

2jkgd5.jpg

Golly, how different would this game had been had we had a couple of gamers like Bell and Lindsay on the field?

Answer - any snap they played would have taken PT away from a deserving player.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT